MediaPortal 1 Talk (50 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
MP1 MP2 What Cam to buy? (1 Viewer) DE
You need a CAM and card for each FireDTV
You need a CAM and card for each FireDTV
I have just purchased a FireDTV-T box and are about to buy a CAM for "Boxer" (Sweden). What cam should i buy?? I cant find any...
Replies
Views
pshdo, Theres a pug-in in the TVEngine called ServerBlaster. Is the myblaster version to be used with the server engine. You need to type the external channel number in the channel setup, use the channel number field. Then select the input for your STB. At the plug-in sections, activate serverblaster and configure it. Just...
pshdo, Theres a pug-in in the TVEngine called ServerBlaster. Is the myblaster version to be used with the server engine. You...
Hi there..... I have been playing with the TV-server, but one thing i can´t figure out is this: How do i control channels...
Replies
Views
So I was playing arround with the TV server as an update to my standard setup and I discovered it doesn't have support (yet) for the redeye serial IR blaster needed to change channels on a UK Telewest external tunner. Does anyone know if support for this is planned at any time? Without it I can never use the TV Server and I...
So I was playing arround with the TV server as an update to my standard setup and I discovered it doesn't have support (yet) for...
So I was playing arround with the TV server as an update to my standard setup and I discovered it doesn't have support (yet) for...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys! Then maby you can tell me if FloppyDTV´s DVB-C and/or TwinhanDTV Cab-CI is supported in Mediaportal ??
Thanks guys! Then maby you can tell me if FloppyDTV´s DVB-C and/or TwinhanDTV Cab-CI is supported in Mediaportal ??
Since I already have Win XP MCE 2005, but hate it because of it´s flaws. Mainly because It does not support DVB-C or DVB-S and does...
Replies
Views
I just think that having the batteries out and using all the buttons helps to drain the stored power and give some kind of reset to the remote. Some people short it using a paperclip. I have same problems back now, going to try the batteries out for a few hours now...
I just think that having the batteries out and using all the buttons helps to drain the stored power and give some kind of reset to...
Hi, I've posted in a few threads over the last month trying to figure out some issues with MP in Vista, and they're all worked out...
Replies
Views
Indeed, that's common to all windows applications.
Indeed, that's common to all windows applications.
installing a new skin and plugin and something must have gone awry. Some how the setting for media portal to start when windows...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Enough PC? DE
Make sure you have a DX9 gfx-card
Make sure you have a DX9 gfx-card
I´ve got a P4 1,7 GHz with 1 gb sdram, wich i´d like to use as a tv-server... I´m going to buy one Twinhan VP-1034 and i already...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Softcam DE
Thread closed.
Thread closed.
Is there any support to use a emulated softcam in the tv-server and/or the regular mediaportal-client??
Replies
Views
crap :)
crap :)
IMDB Updated there website an few days ago. Now my Genres on Media portal are so messed up. Before I used to have action...
Replies
Views
yeah i would sort of expecting it to just have a poor quality picture or some pixelation or something, not that it would actually cause crashes and instability
yeah i would sort of expecting it to just have a poor quality picture or some pixelation or something, not that it would actually...
Just like to report that i seemed to have got all my problems, well most of them sorted out, they all seem to be related to signal...
Replies
Views
Actually, you're right. I don't know why I thought that the recording playback was streamed similarly to the TV. Why would it be. It's on disk, so it's quite probable that it's shared similarly to MythVideo. James
Actually, you're right. I don't know why I thought that the recording playback was streamed similarly to the TV. Why would it be...
How do the network clients receive their data? RTSP? Is it just read directly from ther e disk and sent over? Or is it read...
Replies
Views
my impression is that the value for MP is generally a bit too high here's a :: screenshot :: I've attached the corresponding performance.txt
my impression is that the value for MP is generally a bit too high here's a :: screenshot :: I've attached the corresponding...
Hi everyone, High CPU usage negatively effects MP. However, there is currently no easy way to determine if the high CPU is...
Replies
Views
I'm just going to tune the card into WinTV 2000 to get the details I need to manually set up a channel, and see if I get anything. I'll keep you posted
I'm just going to tune the card into WinTV 2000 to get the details I need to manually set up a channel, and see if I get anything...
Hello, I have a Nova T SE usb2 stick, mediaportal cant seem to find it, how can i use media portal with this usb stick? Thanks,
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 First Set Up DE
I got to the page where MP searches for channels but it found none. Is there something I should be doing? I set for UK and cable and pressed scan. Nothing came up. MCE can see channels OK so they are there?
I got to the page where MP searches for channels but it found none. Is there something I should be doing? I set for UK and cable...
I got to the page where MP searches for channels but it found none. Is there something I should be doing? I set for UK and cable...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 IR Blaster and STB DE
Hi, and welcome! Yes, MP can control your STB w/Blaster. I recommend using MCE Replacment Plugin Forum section: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce_replacement_plugin-f165.html It has many setup options (blast time, blast type, delay etc.), so it should be able to control most STB (or other IR-devices)
Hi, and welcome! Yes, MP can control your STB w/Blaster. I recommend using MCE Replacment Plugin Forum section...
Hello, I'm just thinking of installing this since I have a serious problem with MCE and my Samsung STB...so, will MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
If you are using NTFS it supports soft links (directories) and hard links (files) like in Unix. There are just no programs provided with XP to manage them, but you can find many free utils on the net which can. http://shell-shocked.org/article.php?id=284
If you are using NTFS it supports soft links (directories) and hard links (files) like in Unix. There are just no programs provided...
Ok, here's the problem I'm faced with. I have 4 250Gig drives in my system and I'm backing up my DVD collection. This way I can...
Replies
Views
Yes, what he said! Wait for TV Server final version if I were you. The best MP function for me is the shutdown/wakeup for recordings function and that aint ready for TV server yet so I'm using the stable build MP. In terms of MP SVNs.. can anyone recommend one that's fairly tried and tested by now and relatively safe? I'm...
Yes, what he said! Wait for TV Server final version if I were you. The best MP function for me is the shutdown/wakeup for...
i have media portal on my computer. installed and working and the tv listings working.. what is a tv server? can i get my...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I'll do some experimenting. -d
Thanks, I'll do some experimenting. -d
Hello, I've done some searching around but I didn't see any topics similar to this... I apologize if I missed something...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Comskip/Comclean DE
Works just fine without the "call" command... but thanks for the information about the PATH problem! greets, luksmann
Works just fine without the "call" command... but thanks for the information about the PATH problem! greets, luksmann
Anyone have a working version of Comskip/Comclean with the new tv engine, i haven't been able to configure comskip/comclean yet...
Replies
Views
http://www.pluggedin.tv/site/sweetspot/index.html SW-based, I believe. Not sure about MP-support. Ask DMAN.
http://www.pluggedin.tv/site/sweetspot/index.html SW-based, I believe. Not sure about MP-support. Ask DMAN.
Are there any TV Cards available that have a component input either RGB or YUV as MP does allow you to configure external channel...
Replies
Views
Err. How easy is it to stream content from youtube in a c# application (i.e. MediaPortal)? You (I) could write a screen scraper for that site very easily. (an hour or so in python) James
Err. How easy is it to stream content from youtube in a c# application (i.e. MediaPortal)? You (I) could write a screen scraper...
Maybe one day Media Portal will be able to tap into shows like indexed here: http://www.tv-links.co.uk/ There's an RSS feed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I also have a MEGA 180 and I would be glad to know which drivers you use for chipset, sound and video, because I'm having troubles sometimes with sound (only with my USB TV stick). Thanks
Hi, I also have a MEGA 180 and I would be glad to know which drivers you use for chipset, sound and video, because I'm having...
Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to create this topic... I have an MSI Mega 180 barebone PC (nForce2 with...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Uk Sky - Cam DE
Just found this while searching about http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5875208379&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting Maybe worth a look...
Just found this while searching about...
Hello, I’m hoping to watch SKY Digital (UK) via the tvserver with a valid sky subscription card. I have a TT 3200-S2 card with a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 no uninstall? DE
must have been an issue with Add or Remove Programmes. A reset seems to have sorted it out.
must have been an issue with Add or Remove Programmes. A reset seems to have sorted it out.
I'm experiencing far too many issues with MP, least of all the fullscreen/maximise issue and being unable to watch through 2nd...
Replies
Views
put all the streaming files into your radio folder and use the radio plugin. use "x" on your keyboard to switch to fullscreen.
put all the streaming files into your radio folder and use the radio plugin. use "x" on your keyboard to switch to fullscreen.
Hi, I browsed and searched but i didn't find any way to view or record streaming tv broadcasts from the internet in MP. What i'm...
Replies
Views
is is possible if you use the basichome screen. but you have to make the xml yourself. there is currently no other way.
is is possible if you use the basichome screen. but you have to make the xml yourself. there is currently no other way.
I'm sure the answer is "yes", but I wonder if it is as customizable in all the same ways. I was a huge Meedio entusiast, and...
Replies
Views
Finally got it going :-) I've had the Client running on the server computer for a while but haven't been able to get the remote client working. Finally after searching the forum I found the problem was related to FIREWALLS and ROUTERS. I didn't spent enough time reading the available documentation. My experience must...
Finally got it going :-) I've had the Client running on the server computer for a while but haven't been able to get the remote...
Finally got it going :-) I've had the Client running on the server computer for a while but haven't been able to get the remote...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Remove "My Plugins" DE
I don't think I moan. I didn't ask about a release date either. I just asked the best way I can if there is anything on this since it was about a month before we heard something about it (not much back then either). So, thank you anyway.
I don't think I moan. I didn't ask about a release date either. I just asked the best way I can if there is anything on this since...
Is it possible to remove this menu item? All the plugins I use are activated through other modules such as My Lyrics being...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm slowly getting TVServer working now, I'd love to see any advice, tips & tricks in the setup & optimisation of TVServer that people have. This can be in the setup of TVServer/SQLServer etc, or in your O/S, BIOS, Windows Services, etc. I'm ready to try everything! :thx:
Hi I'm slowly getting TVServer working now, I'd love to see any advice, tips & tricks in the setup & optimisation of TVServer...
Hi I'm slowly getting TVServer working now, I'd love to see any advice, tips & tricks in the setup & optimisation of TVServer...
Replies
Views
I have the DVICIO DVB-T Plus, the only issue with the card is that it loses signal if you use the pass through. I've had it working DVB-T and Composite in MythTV, GBPVR, and now MediaPortal. I deleted everything and installed the 18-02-07 svn. I've only just staed testing it, but it tunes channels, plays noise (AC3 aswell, but I...
I have the DVICIO DVB-T Plus, the only issue with the card is that it loses signal if you use the pass through. I've had it...
Hello... I´m thinking about to use a P4 1,7 GHz with 1 GB ram for a TV-server... Is the tv-server stable enough to use every...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom