MediaPortal 1 Talk (47 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
this is dreambox -> http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/
this is dreambox -> http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/
I saw that there is a dreambox plugin, and it is something with streaming videos. But what really is dreambox??? And how can...
Replies
Views
I'm using F9 to bring up the menu on movie indexes, not sure if this works on all menus though. Cheers Neal
I'm using F9 to bring up the menu on movie indexes, not sure if this works on all menus though. Cheers Neal
How can I use the right clicking funcitons using only the keyboard??? I searched on the keyboard shortcuts but there is no...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 ATSC cards DE
It ATSC working? If so, is the ATI HDTV Wonder a good card? Thanks.
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Channellist DE
Hi, Ralph That was the button i mean rtv o.k. i will wait thanks for your awnsers Erbsenkopp
Hi, Ralph That was the button i mean rtv o.k. i will wait thanks for your awnsers Erbsenkopp
Hi, can anyone tell me how i can get a "normal" channellist. Problem: If i press the Channel Button in my TV, i get a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TT-budget S2-3200 DE
for me is the same: client and server on the same PC... Moorhuhn Move your server on the client PC and remember that to code H.264 needs a lot of CPU power (with ffdshow), if you don't use cyberlinks with nVidia 6-7-8 series VGA, because only this configuration can make some works on the VGA hardware... Bye
for me is the same: client and server on the same PC... Moorhuhn Move your server on the client PC and remember that to code H.264...
Hi all I have troubles with TT-budget S2-3200 and encrypted channels (I have CI module Aston 1.08) When I am watching...
Replies
Views
Yes, there are two skin attributes available in the SVN release: <mouseScrollTime>400<\mouseScrollTime> <mouseScrollTimeMin>160<\mouseScrollTimeMin> Give the last SVN a try :) Bavarian
Yes, there are two skin attributes available in the SVN release: <mouseScrollTime>400<\mouseScrollTime>...
Is there a scroll speed control on the main menu. I am having trouble selecting with a mouse.:thx:
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 PMT Folder DE
Hi Tourettes, no, Technotrend Budget S2-3200
Hi Tourettes, no, Technotrend Budget S2-3200
Hi, why there is a "PMT" Folder in the "MediaPortal TV Server" Folder with nothing inside ? Thanks, Erbsenkopp
Replies
Views
How big is TS buffer? In MP it can be set.
How big is TS buffer? In MP it can be set.
Hi, I noticed that TV-server ALWAYS does timeshift no matter what settings I made on the client. Is there any way to disable...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Channel Editor DE
There is a channel editor for mediaportal tvserver, or better a way to import Dreambox setting into mediaportal format?
There is a channel editor for mediaportal tvserver, or better a way to import Dreambox setting into mediaportal format?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Yay! It works! DE
One client in my bedroom at the mo. When it's more stable I'll change my frontend in the louge from linux/mythtv to MediaPortal. The server is a 1.2ghz Celeron tulatin. 512mb ram. Nothing special. Low power consumption, and cost naff all from ebay. It's also my DNS/DHCP/file server. I'm not sure if recording works yet, as all...
One client in my bedroom at the mo. When it's more stable I'll change my frontend in the louge from linux/mythtv to MediaPortal...
Just got the TV server up and running for the first time! The first couple of attempts had stalled where the client plugin just...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 hello newbie here DE
Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of MediaPortal. A good place to start and get acquainted with MediaPortal is in the wiki. Please browse through the wiki and read the manual before asking questions in the forum. Thank you. Wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/ Wiki section on downloadable plugins...
Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of MediaPortal. A good place to start and get acquainted with MediaPortal is in the wiki...
hi swindons16 here wow what a eye opener just set media portal up down loading skins and other plug ins having a few probs...
Replies
Views
I guess everything is already said here. 1. Both DBs are equally "good" for MediaPortal 2. The test says not much about reality but generally proves 1. 3. The Team currently tries to make sure you'll not see any disadvantage when choosing a specific DB.
I guess everything is already said here. 1. Both DBs are equally "good" for MediaPortal 2. The test says not much about reality...
Which one is better? I know nothing about data base so is a hard decision!
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MySQL ? DE
i tried to connect but it failed.. even though root user/pass was correct. don't know if the tvsetup.exe created a database itself for mysql... or if you had to manually create one first.
i tried to connect but it failed.. even though root user/pass was correct. don't know if the tvsetup.exe created a database...
does it have to be MySQL5 ? or will it also work with MySQL4? it's v4 i have on my server already... and don't want to migrate...
Replies
Views
this is still happening in my setup when watching xvids. It often skips ahead a few minute
this is still happening in my setup when watching xvids. It often skips ahead a few minute
Hello all, hope you can help me, every time i watch a dvd through mp it seem to skip forward a chapther on its own, has any body...
Replies
Views
UPDATE: I changed from using a MCE Remote setup in the logitech wizard to using the Media Portal 0.2.0 PC. Now it works even if I had to teach a few commands myself. (SkipFF & SkipRWD for example) Still odd that it's actually possible to crash Configuration.exe by sending invalid IR-codes.
UPDATE: I changed from using a MCE Remote setup in the logitech wizard to using the Media Portal 0.2.0 PC. Now it works even if I...
I decided to try out the Media Portal, but I must admitt that my first impression isn't too good. The reason for this is that...
Replies
Views
Personally, I would like to see MP ship with NO plugins. not a single one - so when I load up MP, all I will be presented with is a blank home screen. It's better to have a base program, and add the plugins that you need (TV, music, movies, etc...), then to install an overbloated program with many plugins that you'll never use...
Personally, I would like to see MP ship with NO plugins. not a single one - so when I load up MP, all I will be presented with is a...
When do PLUGINS ever (if ever) get integrated into the full distribution of MP? Given that the code is all open, I would think...
Replies
Views
For me it is a 6/10. Iam running a multi-seat installation with TVServer and MP-SVN from today. My points currently are: 1. EPG-grabbing doesnt work for all channels and there are special characters in some descriptions. 2. HDTV-streaming in multi-seat doesnt work at all. 3. I would like to be able to enable/disable the mandatory...
For me it is a 6/10. Iam running a multi-seat installation with TVServer and MP-SVN from today. My points currently are: 1...
Just trying to get a feel how people feel TVServer3 is progressing now. I last tried about 2 months ago and had alot of problems...
Replies
Views
Hi, For information, my card is the nova-t stick SE and this card work after standby. I have a simple solution : In the mp setup >plugins> powerscheduler > the box "Re-init tuners on resume..." should be actived . I noticed that after an update of svn that does not work any more . I solved this problem while desactived the...
Hi, For information, my card is the nova-t stick SE and this card work after standby. I have a simple solution : In the mp...
Guys, Just to let you know that a new supported version of the Hauppauge DVB-T drivers have been released - CD-Digital-33b. The...
Replies
Views
hello, Do you have to connect your TV card to your soundcard using a cable (either from outside or inside your box)? Try to remove this cable and see if your TV card can output sound by itself (through its PCI slot). Have you tried to mute every recording device you don't use (via sndvol32.exe)? EDIT: well, paranoid delusion has...
hello, Do you have to connect your TV card to your soundcard using a cable (either from outside or inside your box)? Try to remove...
Hi Is there anyone who knows how i can make my tv-card (Asus TV7133) to work in Mediaportal??? I just get this massage...
Replies
Views
I've had the same experience with Windows MCE. I upgraded my HTPC to Vista and began to have nothing but problems with MCE. Constant crashing, slow UI response, etc. The transition to Media Portal wasn't easy at first but now I appreciate all the extra features it offers. It was worth the time and effort to get Media Portal running...
I've had the same experience with Windows MCE. I upgraded my HTPC to Vista and began to have nothing but problems with MCE...
When I first built my HTPC, I started with Media Portal. It was a bit laggy back then but did an OK job. Then I wanted to access...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, hope that somebody can help me with this. I'm using an external set-top-box and i use usb-uirt to to control the set-top-box. This works fine when i enter det channels with my remote. It also works fine by when i press ok to view the current programs. However, it doesn't work when i select a program through the...
Hello everyone, hope that somebody can help me with this. I'm using an external set-top-box and i use usb-uirt to to control the...
Hello everyone, hope that somebody can help me with this. I'm using an external set-top-box and i use usb-uirt to to control the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Best codecpack DE
I dont even use FFDshow anymore as it caused too many issues on my machines to justify keeping it on a finalized HTPC. I only have two codecs installed for my needs right now - Xvid and 3ivx when you have multiple codecs installed, especially codecs that can decode the same stream type, they tend to 'fight' for priority, or one codec...
I dont even use FFDshow anymore as it caused too many issues on my machines to justify keeping it on a finalized HTPC. I only have...
What codecpack should i use for viewing mpeg/avi/divx/mp4 movies etc? I want to be able to see everything, specially MP4 from...
Replies
Views
Agreed. I would however recommend that Media Portal put more emphasis on the importance of DOING THINGS IN THE RIGHT ORDER in the guide and tutorial.
Agreed. I would however recommend that Media Portal put more emphasis on the importance of DOING THINGS IN THE RIGHT ORDER in...
First off, I'd like to say a big thank you to the developers of Media Portal for making such excellent software (Media Portal and...
Replies
Views
display picture in media portal can anybody help me in coding on how to display diffent images in media portal,, :thx:
display picture in media portal can anybody help me in coding on how to display diffent images in media portal,, :thx:
wala na!!!! walay nireply dre oie.....
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Multiple grabbers DE
MP setup\TV\Program Guide, usually there is a box ticked GRAB EPG FROM DVB STREAM. May take a hour to fully populate, depending on your provider and you may have to specify your chosen language. You may have to remove the old program guide info (button same page of setup). Recommend doing above at a moment you are not using...
MP setup\TV\Program Guide, usually there is a box ticked GRAB EPG FROM DVB STREAM. May take a hour to fully populate, depending...
Hello I wonder if there's any possibility to get XMLTV-data from multiple grabbers to the same file or if it´s possible to...
Replies
Views
cool thanks for that so Phillips chip set is the one to go for with PCI, can you recommend any particular brand or is there not much difference ?
cool thanks for that so Phillips chip set is the one to go for with PCI, can you recommend any particular brand or is there not...
Hi, Can anyone recommend a usb preferably or pci uk freeview card for use with MediaPortal on an XP PC. There seems to be many...
Replies
Views
look at this one; https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/cant_play_ts_recordings_network_client-t19075.html or https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv_server_select_video_codec-t19138p2.html
look at this one; https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/cant_play_ts_recordings_network_client-t19075.html or...
Hi Folks, Just wanted to ask a few stupid questions regarding the choice between recording in MPEG or TS format. If I record in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 1366x768-skin DE
Check the MCE wide skin thread If you're getting an error message stating that the skin is out of date you can try editing references.xml in the skin folder as described here.
Check the MCE wide skin thread If you're getting an error message stating that the skin is out of date you can try editing...
Hello.. Is there any nice 1280x768 or 1366x768-skin to get today? I got a LCD-tv and want a nicer skin for it, with not so...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would like to know if the above can be used for analog viewing because i can only manage to see DVB-t.I cannot add capture card for analog viewing.I know that the card is unsupported for analog but is there something that i can do. Regards Yannis:thx:
Hello, I would like to know if the above can be used for analog viewing because i can only manage to see DVB-t.I cannot add...
Hello, I would like to know if the above can be used for analog viewing because i can only manage to see DVB-t.I cannot add...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Tv Tuner Cards DE
I think we answered all of your, sorry i mean his, questions, you, i mean he, just didn't listen. ;)
I think we answered all of your, sorry i mean his, questions, you, i mean he, just didn't listen. ;)
To the media portal staff who just decided to close the thread from Ashtefere. Ash posed a really good question and wonted awsners...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom