MediaPortal 1 Talk (54 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
crap. Should've done my homework and gone for the cheaper 150MCE unit
crap. Should've done my homework and gone for the cheaper 150MCE unit
Hi I have a Hauppauge 350 card on my mediaportal pc. It has svid/composite output. Has anyone been able to use this output to...
Replies
Views
jensemanden: Why not pop on over to the plugin's sub-forum, here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce_replacement_plugin-f165.html Any questions you have would can be addressed there. ktjensen: May I ask what functionality it was lacking that you need? Maybe I can help you out? Cheers,
jensemanden: Why not pop on over to the plugin's sub-forum, here...
I have just got myself a microsoft remote control but have trouble making my own buttons. Is it possible to make a button that...
Replies
Views
I used mydvd to import movies from collector into my videos/movies, and eventually everything worked great. However, only the front coverart is available in MP. 1. It appears that the Coverart is just .jpg files in the thumb/videos/title/ titlename.jpg titlenameL.jpg This doesn't not appear to be referenced in the...
I used mydvd to import movies from collector into my videos/movies, and eventually everything worked great. However, only the...
I used mydvd to import movies from collector into my videos/movies, and eventually everything worked great. However, only the...
Replies
Views
thx for the replies!!
thx for the replies!!
Hi, When I play (ripped) DVD's from HD there is still that menu to choose you language, then the intro (you somtimes can't even...
Replies
Views
Thanks sim1964, I think my question was also addressed in the following thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/no_stream_scheduled_recording-t18854.html Cheers.
Thanks sim1964, I think my question was also addressed in the following thread...
Firstly, great application. Really well put together. I know it's a little rough around the edges when it comes to reliability...
Replies
Views
Ashtefere you should better get used to the fact that applications require an up to date Windows installation and drivers. even if you do not like it. Its not only the "evil" MediaPortal which demands .net1, 2 and Windows Installer. i.e. If you have an ATI card, then you allready have to install .net2 to be able to use the...
Ashtefere you should better get used to the fact that applications require an up to date Windows installation and drivers. even if...
I used to run mediaportal 1.3 ages ago. Some of you may remember me, when the software card support was dropped and my card stopped...
Replies
Views
Same probleme I read everywhere I can. I didn't find any solution. Did you ? where ? Can you tell me what to do ? I try to check X10 in Mediaportal but it says X10 driver not installed
Same probleme I read everywhere I can. I didn't find any solution. Did you ? where ? Can you tell me what to do ? I try to...
Well first of all hi all..i'm new here... i have a question... will i be able to use the remote bundled in asus p5w dh deluxe...
Replies
Views
can i ask if anybody know on how to display thumbnails in the plugin?:thx:
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP merchandise DE
Thanks reagan+carter. I know about the 3 vector limit, but we have to set up a free account - or maybe two accounts in different names, if it's allowed? Hopefully there will be a lot of files uploaded, downloaded and edited, so I'm not sure the MP download section is the right place. Maybe use free filehosting???
Thanks reagan+carter. I know about the 3 vector limit, but we have to set up a free account - or maybe two accounts in different...
If I want to make or sell MediaPortal merchandise (like caps, streamers, t-shirts, ect.) what are the rules/law? Can I use the MP...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Power Scheduler and engine 0.3 (1 Viewer) DE
Only scheduling within windows a wakeup command. No easy way around this, the idea is server related at the moment, which of course run 24\7. This will change in the future, but may actually have to be incorporated into TVE3 itself.
Only scheduling within windows a wakeup command. No easy way around this, the idea is server related at the moment, which of...
Hi! Thanks for a great product! Keep up the good work with the new engine! I don't know if this is the right place to ask but is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 pls pls pls hlp DE
I had to read that about five times. And the subject doesn't really help. From what you've written, it's possible that you've installed XP on more than one partition?!? If so you'll need to sort out the windows boot loader. I can't remember which file you have to edit, but you'll find it with a quick google. James
I had to read that about five times. And the subject doesn't really help. From what you've written, it's possible that you've...
just installed vista want to put new mediaportal back on but its is picking up an old install of it but i can not remove the old...
Replies
Views
both tuners are assigned the same set of channels, so that either tuner should be able to view or record on the same channels as each other. I told it to ignore a conflict last night, and none of my shows recorded. Now, this could be from the comskip setup I was trying last night, so I'll have to force another conflict like that with...
both tuners are assigned the same set of channels, so that either tuner should be able to view or record on the same channels as...
Ok, I have a Hauppage PVR500MCE dual-tuner card, which shows up as 2 tuners in TV server as it should. Now, they both have the same...
Replies
Views
D
thx jayrock post like these is what keeps us going Frodo
thx jayrock post like these is what keeps us going Frodo
Over the weekend I checked out the new TV Server/Client 3. Just followed the Wiki to set up a single seat system, took me maybe 20...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I've recently installed MP v0.2.2.0. When playing a movie i see BLACK instead the movie while the sound is playing good. My PC is connected to TV through composite on nVidia Geforce 4 128mb. Any ideas? Tanx.
Hello everyone! I've recently installed MP v0.2.2.0. When playing a movie i see BLACK instead the movie while the sound is playing...
Hello everyone! I've recently installed MP v0.2.2.0. When playing a movie i see BLACK instead the movie while the sound is playing...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Commercial removal DE
Default settings seem to be quite good. I didn't change anything and it works for me. I'm on cable as well, but in Canada.
Default settings seem to be quite good. I didn't change anything and it works for me. I'm on cable as well, but in Canada.
Will the final release of the tv server feature in built commercial removal? I have been having wet dreams of recording films...
Replies
Views
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce_remote_keyboard_xp_home-t4589.html?t=4589 Keyboard info at above post
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce_remote_keyboard_xp_home-t4589.html?t=4589 Keyboard info at above post
Hi I have some troubles gettin my microsoft mce remote keyboard to work on windows xp. Only a few shortcut keys are working...
Replies
Views
First go to Device manager\sounds video and games controllers, look for your device name, then check "driver details" you are looking for the letters BDA within the first few names, This confirms they are BDA drivers not WDM. if not you may have to go to the manufacturers website, to see if they have updated\alternative drivers...
First go to Device manager\sounds video and games controllers, look for your device name, then check "driver details" you are...
Hiya folks, I have just purchased a cheap AFA Tech 9005 USB DVB stick from eBay. The Blaze software which comes with it works fine...
Replies
Views
Sorry but the power scheduler does not support tvserver3 yet. We have to wait the final release. :(
Sorry but the power scheduler does not support tvserver3 yet. We have to wait the final release. :(
Here is my setup: Server PC: tvserver + client with configured power scheduler (standby time is 5 mins) On server PC is running...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 need some hlp DE
can some pls tell me how to remove install of medportal both TVEngineV3 and MediaPortal SVN...... tryed to uninsall them from control pannal but it lets me upto about 90 % then comes up with a code number ..... there must be some old insall some ware on my commputer .........:S
can some pls tell me how to remove install of medportal both TVEngineV3 and MediaPortal SVN...... tryed to uninsall them from...
can some pls tell me how to remove install of medportal both TVEngineV3 and MediaPortal SVN...... tryed to uninsall them from...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Server 3 DE
Not quite sure, but sounds like the same problem i'm having. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/no_video_no_audio-t18938.html Everything installs well, firedtv scans channels in tv server setup. In manual control, when scanning, i can see the channel id (eg. if it scrambled or not etc). But after the scan in "manual control''...
Not quite sure, but sounds like the same problem i'm having. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/no_video_no_audio-t18938.html...
hello, can anybody tell me,in german,how i must instal and configure tv server? auf deutsch:ich würde gern den neuen tv server...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 mp3 organisation DE
i would say MeGUI to convert to some kind of h.264 format. Check out the doom 9 forums.
i would say MeGUI to convert to some kind of h.264 format. Check out the doom 9 forums.
just wondering what you guys use for organising and tagging all your mp3's So far i have been doing it manually, but renaming my...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Amazing job guys!!! DE
To echo this sentiment, TVEngine3 is coming on leaps and bounds, and will make mediaportal the best software for the job (it already is anyway, but this will seal it!). Don't think that those of us who post problems don't appreciate what you are doing. I'm sure we all wish we could do more to help. Mark
To echo this sentiment, TVEngine3 is coming on leaps and bounds, and will make mediaportal the best software for the job (it...
I´ll found MediaPortal last summer (2006). Sens that my evenings had pretty mutch gone with it... (I´m glad my wife don´t...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Uk Sky Dvb-s ?? DE
I use a DVB-S card pointing at the Astra 2 cluster and I get all the unecrypted channels [which suites me]. The advantage to me going the MP route rather than STB was I could have all my media in one box -- MP3, DVDs, recorded TV -- the works. Once the TV server comes out of beta I plan to get an S2 card for BBC HD [which is also...
I use a DVB-S card pointing at the Astra 2 cluster and I get all the unecrypted channels [which suites me]. The advantage to me...
has anyone managed to get Sky Digital (UK DVB-S) to work on mediaportal? i assume a satellite tv card and some sort of CI/CAM...
Replies
Views
See this discussion https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/do_you_get_h_264_mov_files-t11164.html
See this discussion https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/do_you_get_h_264_mov_files-t11164.html
I can't play mkv-files, which codec do I need? Thanks in advance..
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TT- T3000 Hybrid DE
Please, can someone tell me if the analog part of a t3000 Hybird card works??? I've try but when a try to scan, the pc work (I hear the HD) but after a few seconds there's a "dling" (without any popup) and the server crash!!! Must I post a bug report ???
Please, can someone tell me if the analog part of a t3000 Hybird card works??? I've try but when a try to scan, the pc work (I...
Please, can someone tell me if the analog part of a t3000 Hybird card works??? I've try but when a try to scan, the pc work (I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Remove file info DE
Hello... Please see attached file, I would like to remove the file size information (XX MB), marked with a red cross in attachment. Reason; more space for text....
Hello... Please see attached file, I would like to remove the file size information (XX MB), marked with a red cross in...
Hello... Is there a way you can remove the file (size) information displayed after e.g. a mpeg movie?
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Xbox 360 DE
To be fair there's a few guys selling media portal on the BAY labelled media center so all the xboxers are buying it thinking they can connect there xbox 360 sadly it wont work shame cus i prefer portal to center but needs must
To be fair there's a few guys selling media portal on the BAY labelled media center so all the xboxers are buying it thinking...
I'm trying to get media portal onto my Xbox 360, how do I do this? if It can't then I think it's pretty crap because thats what I...
Replies
Views
Already suggested, see existing 'feature request' thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=1037 Also see other related topics: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=1745 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=14950 https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=12466
Already suggested, see existing 'feature request' thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=1037 Also see...
If MP had UPnP capabilities does that mean it would work with other htpc software, Mythtv for example?? That way users could...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just seen a video on YouTube for Gigabyte I-Ram. It has really blown me away for its very fast loading times of windows. I am considering buying one for my HTPC to run Windows XP and MP on it. Has anyone thought of this before or know any more info? Would i find that i would get allot of problems by doing so, it acts just...
Hi, I just seen a video on YouTube for Gigabyte I-Ram. It has really blown me away for its very fast loading times of windows...
Hi, I just seen a video on YouTube for Gigabyte I-Ram. It has really blown me away for its very fast loading times of windows...
Replies
Views
I miss a feature in MediaPortal... I want to know wich type of sound-format the current soundtrack is... Ex Dolby Digital, regular stereo or DTS... I saw mediacenter had this in their 2005 version... Anyone have a tip how to get it, or is isn´t it possible??
I miss a feature in MediaPortal... I want to know wich type of sound-format the current soundtrack is... Ex Dolby Digital, regular...
I miss a feature in MediaPortal... I want to know wich type of sound-format the current soundtrack is... Ex Dolby Digital, regular...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom