MediaPortal 1 Talk (68 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
In my home, I have what you might call a hybrid network. I have two 54g access points, 100Mb switches, 1Gb switches, and a firewall/router/switch that has eight 100Mb ports plus the uplink port. The access points and switches plug directly into the switch on the router. The down-stream switches are daisy-chained, so that the second Gb...
In my home, I have what you might call a hybrid network. I have two 54g access points, 100Mb switches, 1Gb switches, and a...
Hi there, I was wondering how MP reacts to backed up DVDs. I'm planing to copy all my DVDs to my fileserver, and I want to copy the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 tsbuffer files DE
in the instance i show above, i had 1 tuner active.. and it was simply watching live tv (no pause activated etc) why would new files keep appearing if they were recycling? how far will this go, if for example, i leave the client viewing the same channel for 24 hours ? in the space of 30 mins i had 1gb of files... so if this was...
in the instance i show above, i had 1 tuner active.. and it was simply watching live tv (no pause activated etc) why would new...
have had tvserver running for just over and hour and the have noticed tsbuffer files appearing. 2 tuners.. only 1 "active"...
Replies
Views
Regarding the different networks & programs in AU, some SD programs are supplied with mpeg and ac3 audio channels, some just supply a single mpeg audio channel. For HD they just supply an ac3 audio channel. Since the TVserver re-stripes the transport streams using the existing sub streams you can get a mix between mpeg, mpeg/ac3 and...
Regarding the different networks & programs in AU, some SD programs are supplied with mpeg and ac3 audio channels, some just supply...
Just wondering if there is a fix for the no audio on HD stations for aussies with dvb-t? Or is it working for other people?
Replies
Views
Try using the driver 3xHybrid.sys version 1.3.3.1 downloaded from Terratec site (PTV 380 WHQL Driver). Simply replace the file and reboot.
Try using the driver 3xHybrid.sys version 1.3.3.1 downloaded from Terratec site (PTV 380 WHQL Driver). Simply replace the file and...
While I had some problem with tuning my analog tv, I installed windvr3. Now I can see analog tv, but 1-2 frame every second. I...
Replies
Views
Location: Brisbane, AU Wish: add 2nd HDTV / FM card to my HTPC without breaking the bank :) [existing card: FusionHDTV Pro] Any recommendations for a 2nd card that works well with MP? Eivind
Location: Brisbane, AU Wish: add 2nd HDTV / FM card to my HTPC without breaking the bank :) [existing card: FusionHDTV Pro] Any...
Location: Brisbane, AU Wish: add 2nd HDTV / FM card to my HTPC without breaking the bank :) [existing card: FusionHDTV Pro] Any...
Replies
Views
Perhaps a of topic, but when is the "base" version for SVNs gonna change? For the time beeing its built for 0.2.0.0 (allthough 0.2.1.0 works fine).
Perhaps a of topic, but when is the "base" version for SVNs gonna change? For the time beeing its built for 0.2.0.0 (allthough...
Don't know why (threading, code cleaning or etc), but the latests SVNs are much faster than previous build in my machine...
Replies
Views
i would guess it is the SC101s being a pain. Real NAS boxes shouldn't have this problem, but these rely on windows drivers (which is just plain weird)
i would guess it is the SC101s being a pain. Real NAS boxes shouldn't have this problem, but these rely on windows drivers...
Hi I have a Media Portal system set up as a standalone PC connected to my TV and then in another room have a normal PC. I am...
Replies
Views
Lolita, why do you want to run MP on secondary display? I have a dual monitor setup and the only samll issue I have is that some windows opens on (and "behind") MP, but they are easily moved to secondary.
Lolita, why do you want to run MP on secondary display? I have a dual monitor setup and the only samll issue I have is that some...
Hello i was not in mediaportal for i while, i switched to meedio (which is not developed anymore) so can mediaportal now run on...
Replies
Views
Matt, Just read the link you provided for the snapstream forums. Thats a really interresting problem you guys are having. Im using a PVR-150MCE and was debating on getting a PVR-500MCE, but after looking at that, I may just hold off a bit. I have a PVR-150MCE and the picture quality is great. I still think Hauppauge is one of the...
Matt, Just read the link you provided for the snapstream forums. Thats a really interresting problem you guys are having. Im using...
Hi I unfortunately bought a happaugge 500 dual tuner card. It was the B version which has the crappy chipset. I tried using a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 How much diskspace? DE
DVB takes around 1Gb for 45minutes. Rough estimate from memory. Timeshift is stored in the recordings folder (in a sub folder). When not in use the buffer is deleted.
DVB takes around 1Gb for 45minutes. Rough estimate from memory. Timeshift is stored in the recordings folder (in a sub folder)...
How much diskspace does the DVB-recordings require per hour? Is the timeshift-buffer stored in the regular recordings-path?? Is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Anyone Using this? DE
http://www.adstech.com/products/RDX-155-EF/intro/RDX-155-EF_intro.asp?pid=RDX-155-EF Wondered if anyone had successfully used this with MP.
http://www.adstech.com/products/RDX-155-EF/intro/RDX-155-EF_intro.asp?pid=RDX-155-EF Wondered if anyone had successfully...
http://www.adstech.com/products/RDX-155-EF/intro/RDX-155-EF_intro.asp?pid=RDX-155-EF Wondered if anyone had successfully...
Replies
Views
cool. Good to know DRM is not totally taking over the world. Thanks for the link.
cool. Good to know DRM is not totally taking over the world. Thanks for the link.
Ive been going trough my recordings and compressing the want to keep and deleteing the ones i dont want, all together theres was...
Replies
Views
Thanks, mzemina! Very interesting indeed. But I'm not quite sure if this is exactly what we request. Bavarian's personal EPG is much more advanced than what I thought about. IMO it would be enough if MP would just check new EPG data for time changes of scheduled recordings. A real Tivo-like personal TV guide would sure be great...
Thanks, mzemina! Very interesting indeed. But I'm not quite sure if this is exactly what we request. Bavarian's personal EPG is...
hi, i want to record some shows weekly. the setting in EPG is "weekly at the same time" but sometimes the show-times change (one...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 marked slow down DE
yeah i have a feeling its not actual the tv engine but the skin animations slowing down screen changes, maybe there is a slight glitch in there that makes it loop a bit or something so it hangs for the 4-5 seconds. i'm sure the animations will be speed up or optimised so they are pretty quick and snappy
yeah i have a feeling its not actual the tv engine but the skin animations slowing down screen changes, maybe there is a slight...
Is anyone noticing a marked slow down in the new TVEngine3 when turning on the TV (from within the UI) or changing channels? Glenn
Replies
Views
I'm using BSPlayer as an extrenal player when watching movies in MP because then i always get a great picture. Without it some of my tvshows doesn't fill up the screen, and some of my movies won't show up in 16:9. But using this, the video sometimes starts up in the background and i have to alt+tab to it and when a file is ending...
I'm using BSPlayer as an extrenal player when watching movies in MP because then i always get a great picture. Without it some of...
I'm using BSPlayer as an extrenal player when watching movies in MP because then i always get a great picture. Without it some of...
Replies
Views
Whenever I install a new build of the TV Engine, it loses not only the channel listing but also my recorded tv shows (the files are still there, but the database is cleared), my epg, and my scheduled recordings. Is there a way to install the latest TV Engine SVN without having to add these things back in every time?
Whenever I install a new build of the TV Engine, it loses not only the channel listing but also my recorded tv shows (the files are...
Whenever I install a new build of the TV Engine, it loses not only the channel listing but also my recorded tv shows (the files are...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help with FM Radio DE
I have a Leadtek WinFast DTV2000 H card and have been able to get MP running on it quite well with the exception of FM radio. I have followed the instructions in the document at https://www.team-mediaportal.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,35/func,fileinfo/id,161/ but cannot get any reception through MP. FM radio works fine...
I have a Leadtek WinFast DTV2000 H card and have been able to get MP running on it quite well with the exception of FM radio. I...
I have a Leadtek WinFast DTV2000 H card and have been able to get MP running on it quite well with the exception of FM radio. I...
Replies
Views
Search for posting of me. I solved this problem. The WinTV PVR2 USB2 ist also included in the latest SVNs since a few days.
Search for posting of me. I solved this problem. The WinTV PVR2 USB2 ist also included in the latest SVNs since a few days.
OK...new guy here. Don't shoot me if I'm in the wrong group. And yes, I did try searching the forums, but I didn't see an answer...
Replies
Views
Lets hope that in future versions the movie and music database can search for local albumart. That would be great! As for music: MP can search for embedded albumart so i tried MP3tag to embed al my music albums with the coverart i downloaded from internet. Works good, but had to check some 160 albums..." For coverart i search in...
Lets hope that in future versions the movie and music database can search for local albumart. That would be great! As for music...
I am just getting back to MP from a loooonng absence. I haven't had a chance to play with it since the very first betas long ago. I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I want to stream georgefm here in NZ the link to the stream ends in www.georgefm.co.nz/george/stream.aspx oh thats the whole link for it. All its DJs are actually proper DJs and mix up their own shows but I cant figure out how to stream directly to MP from this site. My TV/FM card (HauppuagePVR150lp OEM) doesnt work well on FM...
Hi guys I want to stream georgefm here in NZ the link to the stream ends in www.georgefm.co.nz/george/stream.aspx oh thats the...
Hi guys I want to stream georgefm here in NZ the link to the stream ends in www.georgefm.co.nz/george/stream.aspx oh thats the...
Replies
Views
Hi Mark, Try changing the TV renderer (or whatever it is) to Dscaler - this fixes the problem for me. Cheers Matt.
Hi Mark, Try changing the TV renderer (or whatever it is) to Dscaler - this fixes the problem for me. Cheers Matt.
Hi Guys, Just wondering if there was anyway to change the Aspect Ratio options that are availble. I'd like to remove some...
Replies
Views
Thanx CHli, you had the answer to my question. Lower FPS does interfere scroll speed and makes the program slow (of course). For now I'm using MP with wireless mouse but I'm looking for a total solution to switch on my HTPC, amplifier and TV in the right AV-mode. Think I found it in the combination with VLSYSTEMS M-PLAY VFD BLAST...
Thanx CHli, you had the answer to my question. Lower FPS does interfere scroll speed and makes the program slow (of course). For...
Using the main menu, the scrolling speed is a bit too fast to click the desired option (...no, I'm not that slow myself ;) ) I have...
Replies
Views
Try other audio codecs like DSCaler Audio Codec. I get this problem with MPA, as well. So I use the MainConcept one's that my Hauppauge tuners install.
Try other audio codecs like DSCaler Audio Codec. I get this problem with MPA, as well. So I use the MainConcept one's that my...
Im using Mediaportal with FireDTV to watch DVB-S from Thor at 1 deg. west. After installing, MediaPortal automatically found all...
Replies
Views
Thanks man. There is so many options to this software. Good Stuff.
Thanks man. There is so many options to this software. Good Stuff.
Hey guys, I just got my new Sony Vaio XL2 DLS and I'm loving it. Windows MCE is nice and integrated, but I needed more. I found...
Replies
Views
it depends, why you need a 100% new install. If you suspect to have problems because of a corrupted database, then you should start from scratch. Otherwise you may copy the Database directory, or even only a single database, from the old installation.
it depends, why you need a 100% new install. If you suspect to have problems because of a corrupted database, then you should...
I need to do a 100% reinstallation of Mediaportal including the databas. Is there a scripts out there or must I clean it the hard way?
Replies
Views
If it is a dedicated HTPC why not look at standby or hibernate. I use neither and leave my HTPC on 24/7:D
If it is a dedicated HTPC why not look at standby or hibernate. I use neither and leave my HTPC on 24/7:D
I have a dedicated PC for my HTP now and am running MediaPortal almost exactly as I want. My biggest problem is the amount of time...
Replies
Views
I have seriously tried everything at this point. I will try what mpod has suggested, because I'm not sure that I have tried that combination. The blur only occurs when watching sports (especially hockey because the action is so fast). The problem is that I have purchased NHL Center Ice (HUGE hockey fan) and I can't even watch it...
I have seriously tried everything at this point. I will try what mpod has suggested, because I'm not sure that I have tried that...
Are all capture cards affected by this stupid motion blur sickness or just Hauppage cards? I have tried everything and I'm now to...
Replies
Views
yeah, just turn off the black screen option and enable the windows Screensaver you want. There used to be a bug where this was active all the time, but that was a very long time ago. Now I'm pretty sure the screen saver is disabled during full screen video and only enabled in other screens.
yeah, just turn off the black screen option and enable the windows Screensaver you want. There used to be a bug where this was...
Is there any way to have a screen saver in Media Portal that isnt the black screen? When looking at my TV, I am not sure if the TV...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New SVN slowdown? DE
Launch MP => Settings => Screen Calib => Scroll Speed => Adapt FPS...
Launch MP => Settings => Screen Calib => Scroll Speed => Adapt FPS...
Has anyone else found the latest SVN to have a VERY sluggish GUI? I have completely re-installed MP to check and all the animations...
Replies
Views
Yikeesssss.... Estimated total cost: $20,569,904, maybe I should donate a bit more than 20 bucks :-)
Yikeesssss.... Estimated total cost: $20,569,904, maybe I should donate a bit more than 20 bucks :-)
Devs: Does someone fancy signing mediaportal up to this site: http://ohloh.net ohloh.net is a service that analyses the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom