MediaPortal 1 Talk (46 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
MP1 MP2 Saving settings DE
Hmm... try right-clicking Mediaportal-folder and de-select "write protected"? Don't know if it solves anything... just a thought
Hmm... try right-clicking Mediaportal-folder and de-select "write protected"? Don't know if it solves anything... just a thought
Is there a patch yet to make it save the settings? I'm getting tired of having to go into the tv settings each time I restgart the...
Replies
Views
Paul - I haven't tried doing this for a while, but IIRC for getting to specific times, MP likes you to use hours first. So 14:37 should be entered as 01437, not 1437. Not the most intuitive the first time you do it, but after that you kind of just do it! This one should be no problem too - as samuel337 said, just go to...
Paul - I haven't tried doing this for a while, but IIRC for getting to specific times, MP likes you to use hours first. So 14:37...
Hi all, First off, and of course: MP is a seriously good package – free or not… To get to the point though, there are some...
Replies
Views
you don't need MP installed on the server - just the tvserver and SQL parts.
you don't need MP installed on the server - just the tvserver and SQL parts.
I'm a long time GB-PVR user and just found out MP, TVE3 now supports ATSC HDTV. I have several questions before converting to MP...
Replies
Views
Hi, MediaPortal installation shouldn't break your system @ all. Did you downloaded from the links on MP Homepage & which version did you install (MP also requires SP2, see this list)? Regards Roy
Hi, MediaPortal installation shouldn't break your system @ all. Did you downloaded from the links on MP Homepage & which...
Hello All Apologies if this is something obvious but I have installed Media Portal now on 3 machines but the latter 2 have crashed...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Output DE
Hi again, Status update: I bought myself an Nvidia GX5500 with TV out (a fairly low-end video card) - and everything is working like a dream! Thanks for the help on this one - I'm glad the solution was simple and effective! Cheers, Paul
Hi again, Status update: I bought myself an Nvidia GX5500 with TV out (a fairly low-end video card) - and everything is working...
Hi there, I wonder if someone could please let me know how on earth one outputs Mediaportal content to the TV? I'm using a...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 The "About" series DE
Gent's, I love the "About" series of stories/introductions. Finaly something that gives a face/personality to our super hero MP programmers. (OK, that might be a bit too much) Hope to see many more of these stories in the near future.
Gent's, I love the "About" series of stories/introductions. Finaly something that gives a face/personality to our super hero MP...
Gent's, I love the "About" series of stories/introductions. Finaly something that gives a face/personality to our super hero MP...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Install a plugin DE
Fantastic - works like a charm - just what I needed - thanks!
Fantastic - works like a charm - just what I needed - thanks!
Hey all, not to sound particularly obtuse, but I feel it's unavoidable: how does a plugin get installed in MediaPortal? I've...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 KVCD Plugin/Codec DE
***Off topic*** I left Cannon about three years ago. Not a bad place, not a good place either, but not a bad place.
***Off topic*** I left Cannon about three years ago. Not a bad place, not a good place either, but not a bad place.
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to view KVCD's directly in MP? It seems more and more videos' are being released...
Replies
Views
Urgh... had to try (used postcode E9 7JN - wherever that is)
Urgh... had to try (used postcode E9 7JN - wherever that is)
The mainstream british channel, BBC One, now streams online. I've got a feeling its only a test transmission because the TCR is at...
Replies
Views
Been thinking about installing TVe3 myself, because... well... no reason, actually... just beeing a geek, I belive... since there are very few (?) advantages with TVe3 when not using server->client, I'll wait for next release (at least I hope I can wait). My girlfriend (not married :D) has now accepted MediaPortal and its benefits...
Been thinking about installing TVe3 myself, because... well... no reason, actually... just beeing a geek, I belive... since there...
My wife loves MP. The way it is now (0.2.1.0) she can watch TV, schedule recordings, listen to radio/music etc. BUT what will...
Replies
Views
I'm interested in HDTV streaming over wireless network. Is there any guide that I can follow?
I'm interested in HDTV streaming over wireless network. Is there any guide that I can follow?
Wow, the TV Server is impressive. I was able to watch 720p and 1080i ATSC wirelessly on my laptop using Videolan. This marks the...
Replies
Views
Long time GB-PVR user here. I just installed MP and configured 2 ATSC cards and assign channels. Now the channel guide shows duplicate channels. How do I fix this?
Long time GB-PVR user here. I just installed MP and configured 2 ATSC cards and assign channels. Now the channel guide shows...
Long time GB-PVR user here. I just installed MP and configured 2 ATSC cards and assign channels. Now the channel guide shows...
Replies
Views
Scandinavian people are real Mediaportal freaks, almost exclusively using Google to find out news & info on their favourite HTPC software ;)
Scandinavian people are real Mediaportal freaks, almost exclusively using Google to find out news & info on their favourite HTPC...
I read something to day. its just a little unknowen thing you can do with google, weal i did not know about it. Gave Media...
Replies
Views
Hop Suisse ! :D
Hop Suisse ! :D
So I installed a TV card (Hauppauge wintv-hvr 1300) today, and mucked about with it for a few hours. Scanning for channels went...
Replies
Views
Go to the setup of Media Portal and enable Power Scheduler in the plug-ins. Power Scheduler will take care of waking up when needed, See the Wiki, all the information is there. Very important, test that after reactivation your TV tuners work normally.
Go to the setup of Media Portal and enable Power Scheduler in the plug-ins. Power Scheduler will take care of waking up when...
Area: Media Portal Program MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0 (2006-10-21) MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)...
Replies
Views
Just add my two cents. If you have small kids at home, it's really easier for them to have thumbnails, specially if they can't read. I have this on MCE for the family videos, and thats how they select the video. I have lots of problem with MCE on the recorded TV because in this case they dont provide the thumbnail. I also...
Just add my two cents. If you have small kids at home, it's really easier for them to have thumbnails, specially if they can't...
Hi all, I'm a new MP user and was a little disappointed to find that unlike MCE, MP doesn't seem to automatically generate...
Replies
Views
ok .. after a bit of mucking around with the screen calibration .. i managed to sort it out. thanks for all your input.
ok .. after a bit of mucking around with the screen calibration .. i managed to sort it out. thanks for all your input.
hi all, i have a weird problem ... I'm trialing MP on XP Sp2. I have audio but am unable to get video or live tv to display in...
Replies
Views
Hi, MP can handle both parts, if they are supported.... http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Supported_TVCard_DVBt/ComproVideoMateDVB-T300 Last entry shows, that the analogue part seems to be broken. Maybe because of a new driver. You could try this, to get it working again...
Hi, MP can handle both parts, if they are supported...
hi, i have a compro T300 hybrid (analogue/digital) card - I've setup the DVB tv side of things aok however I want get...
Replies
Views
Well, I have finally broken down and obtained, through two sites, all my DirecTV channel logos. You can download the ones I am using from HERE. Your channel numbers may be different, so you might just have to rename them to match your lineup. TV Channel logos: TV Channel logos can be placed in the MediaPortal\Thumbs\TV\Logos...
Well, I have finally broken down and obtained, through two sites, all my DirecTV channel logos. You can download the ones I am...
Well, I have finally broken down and obtained, through two sites, all my DirecTV channel logos. You can download the ones I am...
Replies
Views
This should probably be in the MCE Replacement Plugin thread. This is a known problem. As soon as the plugin accesses the MceIrApi it interferes with HIP (which is also using the MceIrApi). There can be only one process accessing the MceIrApi at a time. I'm working on ways to solve this, but it's not looking good in the short term...
This should probably be in the MCE Replacement Plugin thread. This is a known problem. As soon as the plugin accesses the...
I have a MCE remote installed with the replacement drivers and am using HIP. However, when I launch Media Portal, with or...
Replies
Views
XBMC uses code from MPlayer IIRC, that maybe where you got the idea from. There's a MP to linux porting effort going on, although they need more developers and its still in its infancy. do a search for a thread with the keywords: practical way port linux. Sam
XBMC uses code from MPlayer IIRC, that maybe where you got the idea from. There's a MP to linux porting effort going on, although...
It seems it is quite easy to get Linux running on the PS3 ( http://www.powerdeveloper.org/playstation.php ). Media Portal on a PC...
Replies
Views
Hi. Same problem for me. After instalation. Reboot your pc and open Mediaportal. It works for mee. I use XP-pro sp2 IE7.
Hi. Same problem for me. After instalation. Reboot your pc and open Mediaportal. It works for mee. I use XP-pro sp2 IE7.
Hey, I am a new user and has just read comments and reviews about Mediaportal, and decided to install the program since everyone...
Replies
Views
"Others": - Speed fan: make you computer shut up - AVG-free: low mem/cpu usage, and now "fuzz" (Norton - BITE ME!) - Tweak UI: tweak XP - EasyCleaner: Different usefull tools and reg. cleaner - Deamon Tools - MuiscBrainz Picard: Tag your mp3's PROPERLY - PureVideo (since you got 6200) - ($ NOT FREE $) - A DVD/CD-speed controller...
"Others": - Speed fan: make you computer shut up - AVG-free: low mem/cpu usage, and now "fuzz" (Norton - BITE ME!) - Tweak UI...
So after som trys whit diffrent software im about to make an completly blowout of the harddrive , install WinXP again and of course...
Replies
Views
Hi I have found that my MCE remote sometimes stops responding. Usually if I reboot everything works again. Also I think if you have installed the replacement driver the normal MCE function in MP wont work anymore, only the plug-in can be used. Try to install the original driver again, the documentation will tell you how...
Hi I have found that my MCE remote sometimes stops responding. Usually if I reboot everything works again. Also I think if...
Hi I just installed the feature relase of MP (2.1.0) and that seemed to go ok. I also installed the MCE replacment plugin and...
Replies
Views
Hi how can i search for a tv series with the t9 function in the search dialog for a tv programm? when i press any number i see the corressponding letter but nothing happens :O( cu mitze
Hi how can i search for a tv series with the t9 function in the search dialog for a tv programm? when i press any number i see...
Hi how can i search for a tv series with the t9 function in the search dialog for a tv programm? when i press any number i see...
Replies
Views
Sorry but it works as expected here. I've had a quick look at the Configuration tool code, the one which fills the movie database, and everything seems to be in order. There must be something seriously wrong with your data. Maybe retry from scratch (one last time) with the 0.2 vanilla version if you can. Then upgrade to 0.2.1 if...
Sorry but it works as expected here. I've had a quick look at the Configuration tool code, the one which fills the movie database...
I try to post my problem here with the hope that someone could help me....until now nobody consider me, in other forum area :( I...
Replies
Views
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortalDevelopment/MediaPortalSVN
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortalDevelopment/MediaPortalSVN
Can i download source code to compile myself? if "Yes", from where?
Replies
Views
Thanks - it worked perfectly.
Thanks - it worked perfectly.
Hi, I want to upgrade to t-he feature release 2.1.0, but e -installer says I hav to uninstall my existing version. Will this...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Raid Setup/Benefits DE
If you running multiple clients then RAID 1 can be useful since it should (subject to controller) offer load balanced reads, in addition to its obvious benefit. A RAID 10 array would be the ideal for me.
If you running multiple clients then RAID 1 can be useful since it should (subject to controller) offer load balanced reads, in...
Are any MP users running Raid groups on their system? Right now i have 2 drives, Drive1: OS, records everything from tuner1...
Replies
Views
Hi, no it is not and will not be supported. Its a nice idea, but it does not make much sense. Since this TV out can only process MPEG2 material. So it cannot diplay a GUI (like the MP GUI). Flip.
Hi, no it is not and will not be supported. Its a nice idea, but it does not make much sense. Since this TV out can only process...
Does anyone who has a Haupage 350 been able to get the Video Out connection working? If not do any of the developers here know if...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom