MediaPortal 1 Talk (62 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
If your filenames follow certain rules, I can recommend this tagger. I have defined 7-8 templates for differently named tracks. but files in one folder need to follow the same naming scheme, otherwise this won´t work out for you in a fast way. The progam will do a filename -> tag transition. (It does a lot more, too)...
If your filenames follow certain rules, I can recommend this tagger. I have defined 7-8 templates for differently named tracks...
Hi there, I use MP mostly for listing my mp3 and m4a music files. I figured out when I use a fully completed music database, this...
Replies
Views
Yes since some times (weeks) the blue button while whatching TV is by default used to activate the auto-zap feature (called also "lazy fingers" :D) But you can always remap the button yourself in configuration.exe
Yes since some times (weeks) the blue button while whatching TV is by default used to activate the auto-zap feature (called also...
Hi, Has the function of the blue button (on an MCE remote) changed when watching full screen TV? I thought it used to step through...
Replies
Views
Welcome....
Welcome....
hours of fun with MP. Im new to media portal just thought I would say Hi So Err Hi, By the way well cool piece of...
Replies
Views
very good. thx for the super fast response
very good. thx for the super fast response
Just wondering, can I download the new SVN and still use the old TV Engine?
Replies
Views
I belive that STB in the USA (or some states only?) has FW-out for MPEG2 - due to a law that says thay have to give the user accses to raw data....
I belive that STB in the USA (or some states only?) has FW-out for MPEG2 - due to a law that says thay have to give the user accses...
Everyone here from europe probably know what I'm talking about: STB w/SCART out - to tv-card with s-video in --> ok picture, but...
Replies
Views
garry, that sound nice. Could you create a patch or something like that so other users can test and devs could incorporate this in newer builds? Julio
garry, that sound nice. Could you create a patch or something like that so other users can test and devs could incorporate this...
I was able to modify ChangeChannelNr() and OnKeyCode() in TvGuideBase.cs (latest SVN) to allow me to enter a 1-3 digit channel...
Replies
Views
Hi, Firstly MP is great, i think the devs are doing a good job. I know this may have been asked for in the past but is there a way to switch off the screen from the hauppauge remote (not the mce one)? I ask because i need the computer on all the time and use an lcd monitor for output so the monitor doesnt have a remote anyway...
Hi, Firstly MP is great, i think the devs are doing a good job. I know this may have been asked for in the past but is there a...
Hi, Firstly MP is great, i think the devs are doing a good job. I know this may have been asked for in the past but is there a...
Replies
Views
I've currently got a Dual Fusion installed working fine and want to add another so I can record 4 stations at once! Is there any reason to think this won't work before I buy it?
I've currently got a Dual Fusion installed working fine and want to add another so I can record 4 stations at once! Is there any...
I've currently got a Dual Fusion installed working fine and want to add another so I can record 4 stations at once! Is there any...
Replies
Views
Hi, is it possible to automatically start MyTV in fullscreen ? (mp 0.2.1) thanks
Hi, is it possible to automatically start MyTV in fullscreen ? (mp 0.2.1) thanks
Replies
Views
run cyberlink and use graphedit to see what filters it uses run MP NOT in fullscreen mode to see what filters MP uses compare both graphs and try to get MP to use the same graphs
run cyberlink and use graphedit to see what filters it uses run MP NOT in fullscreen mode to see what filters MP uses compare both...
hi, maybe someone can help. i use cyberlink power dvd to play movies from my drives when i play a movie outside MP -- the...
Replies
Views
Do you have power scheduler enabled?
Do you have power scheduler enabled?
Ive finally got my htpc working ok... One problem i have is that the computer wont switch on to record tv show automaticaly from...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 remote help DE
I heard you can even use your Xbox remote with the receiver that comes with the MCE remote. Unfortunately that receiver is not sold seperately, so you have to buy the bundle to get your remote working. Good thing: One remote for the girl, one for the man. Choose what is what. :D
I heard you can even use your Xbox remote with the receiver that comes with the MCE remote. Unfortunately that receiver is not sold...
hi i have the Winfast Xp tvcard i dont have the remote(cant find it) but would the remote be able to work MP home page and the...
Replies
Views
Here is a nice run down about nVidia's PureVideo http://www.pcper.com/article.php?type=expert&aid=328 Greetings X
Here is a nice run down about nVidia's PureVideo http://www.pcper.com/article.php?type=expert&aid=328 Greetings X
Replies
Views
Sorry, I should have explained myself more clearly. 1) We watch MyTV (fullscreen), 2) A recording starts on any channel and fullscreen TV drops back to the TV Guide screen (with minimised TV playing), 3) We then find the remote and make the TV fullscreen again. 4) Later. the recording finishes and fullscreen TV drops back to the TV...
Sorry, I should have explained myself more clearly. 1) We watch MyTV (fullscreen), 2) A recording starts on any channel and...
Hi all, There appears to be 'built-in' functionality that when a scheduled recording starts, the fullscreen TV drops back to the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Future MP user DE
Ok, thanks! I was a little worried there, it seemed very tricky to get it right. :)
Ok, thanks! I was a little worried there, it seemed very tricky to get it right. :)
Hi, I'm new to the htpc world and been gathering information alot the last week. My hfx mini arrives next week and I want to be...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 BBC HD trial DE
There is some more information on it here http://www.nebula-electronics.com/news/hdtvuktrials.asp I'm not able to receive these channels in Norwich but would also be interested to hear if anyone has had any success viewing them in MP.
There is some more information on it here http://www.nebula-electronics.com/news/hdtvuktrials.asp I'm not able to receive these...
Hi all, Just wondered if any other UK peeps near Crystal Palace have notice that the HD channels have started to appear; belive...
Replies
Views
okay cool, just thought the plans were for XAML for the skin engine so i thought it might be planned soon, thanks for the replies
okay cool, just thought the plans were for XAML for the skin engine so i thought it might be planned soon, thanks for the replies
I was just wondering if any of the devs might shed some light as to whether there are any plans to go to .net 3 ? Thanks
Replies
Views
I'm not sure if i should stick with my 24" Widescreen CRT or go down to only 17" 4:3, but High Definition :S
I'm not sure if i should stick with my 24" Widescreen CRT or go down to only 17" 4:3, but High Definition :S
Replies
Views
I had a problem with analog video playback after going to a Dual Core AMD from an Athlon 64 single core and I fixed it by installing a patch from AMD called a dual core optimizer. Video playback is great now, what is funny is that HD digital TV played fine but analog would stall after a few minutes and become unwatchable.
I had a problem with analog video playback after going to a Dual Core AMD from an Athlon 64 single core and I fixed it by...
Hi, can somebody tell me if MediaPortal supports dual core CPUs? Especially Core Duo T2400? Thanks, reyf
Replies
Views
Does anyone care to guess when the TV server might be looking at leaving beta? I'm very interested to know, but please don't take this as hassling you guys. Does it look like it'll be weeks, months or years? Christmas? Easter? Just an idea would be cool. I'm a mythtv user at the moment, and I get on with it ok, but will likely...
Does anyone care to guess when the TV server might be looking at leaving beta? I'm very interested to know, but please don't take...
Does anyone care to guess when the TV server might be looking at leaving beta? I'm very interested to know, but please don't take...
Replies
Views
MediaPortal Version: server03 svn rev 12090 Windows Version: xp sp2 DVB-T card: Kworld DVBT 100 Hi there I seem to have a problem scanning DVB-T channels, It was all working fine in client version i just cant seem to add in any channels now.I have uninstalled both the client and server versions and re-installed the sever but...
MediaPortal Version: server03 svn rev 12090 Windows Version: xp sp2 DVB-T card: Kworld DVBT 100 Hi there I seem to have a...
MediaPortal Version: server03 svn rev 12090 Windows Version: xp sp2 DVB-T card: Kworld DVBT 100 Hi there I seem to have a...
Replies
Views
It's a legal and money issue, once again. If people could use XP Pro, with multiple sessions, Microsoft loses money, and it also violates the "I'll only use this license on one computer" agreement.
It's a legal and money issue, once again. If people could use XP Pro, with multiple sessions, Microsoft loses money, and it also...
Hello: I'd like to know if anyone has come with a solution to watch videos, pictures, etc, in the main display with MP and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 PVR Scheduler DE
If you run your PVR PC with mediaportal always running, There is a power scheduler plugin built in in mp. Just go to configurations and enable the plugin. No need to download it seperately. If you dont run mp all the time, then you might need something like the real pvr scheduler. /Bosso
If you run your PVR PC with mediaportal always running, There is a power scheduler plugin built in in mp. Just go to configurations...
Is there no older FREE version of the PVR Scheduler?? I have no possibility to donate, therefore i can´t download it... it...
Replies
Views
Infinity. in my experience it integrates even less than a standard app. Try moving your halo directory and see if it still runs lol
Infinity. in my experience it integrates even less than a standard app. Try moving your halo directory and see if it still runs lol
Ive read the wiki, and faq's but didnt really get an answer to my question. Ive never used MCE or even seen it going. Just how does...
Replies
Views
Hi Spunk You need to give a bit more information on your specific problem. There are a lot of things you can do with MediaPortal and it depends on what your requirement are. Start by posting your system configuration, without it nobody will be able to answer your question. Also have you read the Wiki documentation on how to set up...
Hi Spunk You need to give a bit more information on your specific problem. There are a lot of things you can do with MediaPortal...
Hi, im new to mediaportal and wanted to know if there's any good advice about what version to install and how to do it the easiest...
Replies
Views
Thanx for your reply, think I have to wait for the fix ;-) :thx:
Thanx for your reply, think I have to wait for the fix ;-) :thx:
Hi there, Because my wife and I have spent our vacations on different continents we like to spot the weather at these locations. I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 migrate from sagetv DE
Please don't double post - I have removed your other post on this same topic ...
Please don't double post - I have removed your other post on this same topic ...
I've been a SageTV user for a year now but would like to give MP a try again. Sage records in mpeg and writes an XML file for...
Replies
Views
Is there anyway to start multiple streams and them connect to them at the "live" position. Not at the start of the buffer file? I asked this somewhere before but got no answer. Could someone help out?
Is there anyway to start multiple streams and them connect to them at the "live" position. Not at the start of the buffer file...
Is there anyway to start multiple streams and them connect to them at the "live" position. Not at the start of the buffer file...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 system requirements DE
hmm wouldnt have though t so, quite suprised it worked with haupage sw TBHs
hmm wouldnt have though t so, quite suprised it worked with haupage sw TBHs
Hello, i was wondering what kind of Hardware the TV-Server (TV over DVB-T) would need. Would a 600Mhz P3 with 256mbram do it...
Replies
Views
This sounds interesting. Is there any way to find out what type of menu a DVD uses? Maybe does the mediaportal log file tell sth about it? Also if it is a problem with different menu types I would call this a bug. The built in dvd navigator should at least fully work when using the provided mpeg codecs.
This sounds interesting. Is there any way to find out what type of menu a DVD uses? Maybe does the mediaportal log file tell sth...
Hi all, I am still (0.2.1.0) not able to play DVD's with MP's inbuild player (MP stalls completely oder the navigation does not...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom