MediaPortal 1 Talk (39 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
MP1 MP2 Recording SKY DE
There are two ways of getting Sky on a mediaportal PC. The most common way is to connect it using analogue and control the set top box with IR blasters (or something similar). I *think* there is a way to pull the EPG off the internet. The other and more expensive way is to get a supported DVB-S card, like the Twinhan or FloppyDTV...
There are two ways of getting Sky on a mediaportal PC. The most common way is to connect it using analogue and control the set top...
Hey all, Just bought a brand new pc. It has all the features in including Scart, and all the Yellow and Red and White things. I...
Replies
Views
sounds like you are in the file name view (shares) and not the title view?
sounds like you are in the file name view (shares) and not the title view?
Hey folks. I'm trying to figure out how to have my songs come up only with the song title and not the full file info. I don't want...
Replies
Views
netto speed is declared as 80MBit/sec ~ 10MByte/sec -> at best! Probably the speed in the last room is can be halved -> 5MByte/sec. Number of TV clients are two plus two audio clients
netto speed is declared as 80MBit/sec ~ 10MByte/sec -> at best! Probably the speed in the last room is can be halved ->...
Hello, I probably go for Ethernet over power (homeplug), which has about 7MByte/sec at most. How much bandwidth does one...
Replies
Views
Modified TPL's for DP-500 and sat 129 110degreesWest.tpl Echostar 8,10 (110) 12224,V,20000 13361,V,20000 12253,V,20000 13332,V,20000 12282,V,20000 13303,V,20000 12311,V,20000 13274,V,20000 12341,V,20000 13245,V,20000 12370,V,20000 13216,V,20000 12399,V,20000 13186,V,20000 12428,V,20000 13157,V,20000 12457,V,20000...
Modified TPL's for DP-500 and sat 129 110degreesWest.tpl Echostar 8,10 (110) 12224,V,20000 13361,V,20000 12253,V,20000...
Here are the edited Transponder files from Joshyfuns Transponders list website located HERE I have edited them all to work with...
Replies
Views
Greetings, Maybe this is in another post somewhere but I didn't find it. I've managed to get 0.2.1.0 to recognize my Technotrend S2-3200 DVB 2 card but I can not get MP to output an AC3 stream. This works fine in MCE2005, DVBviewer and even the Technotrend software, but not in MP. I'm using the Cyberlink codecs for...
Greetings, Maybe this is in another post somewhere but I didn't find it. I've managed to get 0.2.1.0 to recognize my Technotrend...
Greetings, Maybe this is in another post somewhere but I didn't find it. I've managed to get 0.2.1.0 to recognize my Technotrend...
Replies
Views
Hi, 2) You may edit the TVDatabaseVXXX.db3 with the SQLight Browser to add your MCE recordings. But this could be very tricky. I do not know, if there is an import utility (would be nice though :)). 3) They are listed in Timer. If a recording is running you can select it there and start the playback from beginning. They are...
Hi, 2) You may edit the TVDatabaseVXXX.db3 with the SQLight Browser to add your MCE recordings. But this could be very tricky. I...
Hi all, We have been using mce in our household for some time, and it has been serving its purpose well, particularly in recent...
Replies
Views
Thank you
Thank you
Is there a SVN RSS feed ?
Replies
Views
I think that's not in mantins, but it should be fixed in current SVN builds.
I think that's not in mantins, but it should be fixed in current SVN builds.
I'm just wondering what affects the speeds for channel changes? I have a dvb-t card and i'm just wondering what seems to be slowing...
Replies
Views
would love to see this, too nought like doing a full scan, then correcting the films that imdb got wrong only to "re-scan" a few weeks later for half-a-dozen additions, and have your corrections overwritten as well ;-)
would love to see this, too nought like doing a full scan, then correcting the films that imdb got wrong only to "re-scan" a...
Has there been any talk about creating a plugin similar to the new music share watcher that would watch for new videos in your...
Replies
Views
I'm also using a Hauppauge Nova T stick (DVBT) as my second tuner. I had some problems with the USB tuner not getting recognized after resume from S3 - but changing some of the USB power settings (not allowing windows to turn off this device to save power ) seems to have fixed that. Quality of the signal seems to be identical to my...
I'm also using a Hauppauge Nova T stick (DVBT) as my second tuner. I had some problems with the USB tuner not getting recognized...
hi all, i really want to use 2 digital tuners on my htpc, but i only have 2 pci slots(damn sli board). One slot is already taken...
Replies
Views
Ermm. in that case, is anyone just using a Sky input & MCE blaster and could post their config file so that i could have a look and disect it please??? Thx again Paul
Ermm. in that case, is anyone just using a Sky input & MCE blaster and could post their config file so that i could have a look and...
Guys, New to MediaPortal, and after a little assistance. Could someone tell me, in a sort of basic step-by-step format, how to...
Replies
Views
Yes thanks ;-) I feel like an idiot now ;-)
Yes thanks ;-) I feel like an idiot now ;-)
Hi, Am I blind or something but I can't find where to download MediaPortal Client Plugin... Or just stupid ;-)
Replies
Views
Hey m8... I dont have an answer for you, but I have a similar question... I am building a distributed audio/video system for my use, and I plan on having 2 - 5 TV tuners in a server. I would like to know what TV card is the "best supported" or "recommeneded" or whatever for the new TV Server... I'd like to get something which will...
Hey m8... I dont have an answer for you, but I have a similar question... I am building a distributed audio/video system for my...
Hi, I've try the TVEngine3 but my TV card (TT T-3000 Hybrid) don't work. In the menu panel the card is correctly recognized, but...
Replies
Views
Thank you, that solved the issue for me. I used nonafo on my LCD widescreen and when moving to a 4:3 monitor, I changed skin and it was unable to draw it (void StartScene() directx error or something like that, and no screen showed up). Just had to disable the WeatherOverlay, I half figured it out myself when the log said that the...
Thank you, that solved the issue for me. I used nonafo on my LCD widescreen and when moving to a 4:3 monitor, I changed skin and it...
first of all, sorry for my english ı setup the program, everything is ok. but when ı run it, it is no working. it is opening...
Replies
Views
Did you Download the 29Mb update (RU2) for MCE 2005 ?.. You can't install that on a regular XP SP2, you need to unpack it and install the KBs one by one. I believe it'll fail in one of them as that is MCE only.. Cheers, Steff
Did you Download the 29Mb update (RU2) for MCE 2005 ?.. You can't install that on a regular XP SP2, you need to unpack it and...
I just bought MCE Remote and keyboard. It works great in MP but the keyboard wont work in WinXP SP2.
Replies
Views
nope...just one switch, non routed network... i am using tvengine3-11-30-2006--01-12h--Rev11980.zip and latest snapshop of mediaportal... when I started mediaportal after I installed client plugin for tvserver, I got part when I entered an IP address, and I got messaged that computer is connected...but no channels, no streams... maybe...
nope...just one switch, non routed network... i am using tvengine3-11-30-2006--01-12h--Rev11980.zip and latest snapshop of...
Hi to all... I was wondering is it possible to have tvserver on one computer and mediaportal and client (plugin) on other...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to add this plugin directly into the MP release via SVN? Perhaps the authors can get the ball rolling... This plugin is essential for anyone in the US or Canada!
Is it possible to add this plugin directly into the MP release via SVN? Perhaps the authors can get the ball rolling... This...
Greetings and salutations to all, I am happily running a MP 0.2 box with a Hauppauge PVR500-MCE card. Unfortunatley, I live in...
Replies
Views
FYI - I never actually resolved this. I ended up converting all the .BIN files to .AVI using VCD Gear. it took me about 2 hours of minimal interaction with my media centre so it may be the best way to get these to work. Ghaz
FYI - I never actually resolved this. I ended up converting all the .BIN files to .AVI using VCD Gear. it took me about 2 hours...
The "My Videos" directory does not display .bin VCD files. I can play them in VLC, but cannot see them in MP. Can anyone tell me...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Win XP Embedded DE
Morten - I'm trying to figure out if I should try TinyXP Beast edition as it sounds just about right for an XP64 3000+ with 1gig of RAM :-) Thing is, do you know if it'll support custom drivers during install ?.. I'm using the nForce raid controller and I'm not going back to solo drives so supporting custom drivers is a must...
Morten - I'm trying to figure out if I should try TinyXP Beast edition as it sounds just about right for an XP64 3000+ with 1gig of...
Has anyone tried, or even considered trying, run media portal as a dedicated set top box type device running XPEmbedded as the O/S...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Internet Sky TV DE
Just wondered if anyone has ever found any of the sky channels being streamed? Just before i go on a massive search for em, if anyone does know of the link, please feel free to pm me
Just wondered if anyone has ever found any of the sky channels being streamed? Just before i go on a massive search for em, if...
Just wondered if anyone has ever found any of the sky channels being streamed? Just before i go on a massive search for em, if...
Replies
Views
That is true, but then I won't get to use DScalers amazing upscale features - which kinda was the plan.. - And I'll manually have to switch to another audio source on the receiver as well :-) Cheers, /S
That is true, but then I won't get to use DScalers amazing upscale features - which kinda was the plan.. - And I'll manually have...
As we're currently in the process of (finally) buying a new TV to replace the old CRT (will be min. 1366x768 in resolution), I've...
Replies
Views
I tried a Media MVP that's now sitting on a shelf. I liked it, but wanted to go the PC route and I really like MP. Anyway, you asked about compatibility. I think the Media MVP box can play many of the file formats that MP does. That would be about as far as it goes, though. Media MVP is it's own environment.
I tried a Media MVP that's now sitting on a shelf. I liked it, but wanted to go the PC route and I really like MP. Anyway, you...
Hi, Could anyone advise what the recommended minimum specification is for running MediaPortal?. Tried and failed dismally to get...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 OTA from the Fringe DE
So, has anyone tried to receive digital stations from 60 miles?
So, has anyone tried to receive digital stations from 60 miles?
I'm definitely on the fringe for off-the-air reception of digital channels from the nearest city. We have DirecTV, but they don't...
Replies
Views
1080p/60 signals can be transmitted with: - DVI-I, DVI-D or HDMI (digital) - component (3 RCA connectors, analogue) - VGA (standard monitor connection, analogue) Digital is not necessarily better (IMHO) - use whatever looks best, consider the length you need and the $$$s for a good cable. Analog RGB cannot be distinquished...
1080p/60 signals can be transmitted with: - DVI-I, DVI-D or HDMI (digital) - component (3 RCA connectors, analogue) - VGA...
Hello, i am new here. I've been a long time Xbox Media Center user, and been following Media Portal on and off since it launched. I...
Replies
Views
Just came across this and thought it might be of interest. http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?threadID=4814&start=0&&&edition=1&ttl=20061127171109
Just came across this and thought it might be of interest...
Just came across this and thought it might be of interest...
Replies
Views
Use the attached files... execute them before and after MP ;) EDIT: You can also create a BAT file for executing these files and also MP itself
Use the attached files... execute them before and after MP ;) EDIT: You can also create a BAT file for executing these files and...
Is there an option to deactivate the windows screensaver while mediaportal is running? Thanks in advance, backslash
Replies
Views
ok i've tried checking and unchecking Scan albums for various artists and treat tracks in an individual folder, example this is the folder Mr_Dibbs-Mini_Mash-Ups_Vol_1-Jay-Z_Vs_RSE these are the tracks 01-atmosphere-interlude_vs_balance.mp3 02-micranots-99_problems_vs_illegal_business.mp3...
ok i've tried checking and unchecking Scan albums for various artists and treat tracks in an individual folder, example this...
ok i've tried checking and unchecking Scan albums for various artists and treat tracks in an individual folder, example this...
Replies
Views
Hello First of all i want to tel that Mp and the server program are fantastic, but most of all i find the speed of development WARP. I have a small problem, now i use TVServer if i record programs they have the name of the program that was broadcasted before. I think it hapens mostly if the program in front of the recorded show is...
Hello First of all i want to tel that Mp and the server program are fantastic, but most of all i find the speed of development...
Hello First of all i want to tel that Mp and the server program are fantastic, but most of all i find the speed of development...
Replies
Views
Hi... Been around the houses so many times with hardware & software i almost contacted NTL to pipe in some TV for me... Right, well i have a USB stick which came with blaze HDTV soft...great but all channels are named 'unknown' which you cannot edit... so i needed new software i thought and found Media Portal which seems great...
Hi... Been around the houses so many times with hardware & software i almost contacted NTL to pipe in some TV for me...
Hi... Been around the houses so many times with hardware & software i almost contacted NTL to pipe in some TV for me...
Replies
Views
Is their an option to set screen resolution for mediaportal independent from windows desktop resolution? Thanks, backslash
Is their an option to set screen resolution for mediaportal independent from windows desktop resolution? Thanks, backslash
Replies
Views
Top Bottom