MediaPortal 1 Talk (58 Viewers)

General talk regarding our HTPC-software MediaPortal 1 takes place here.
Read this thread, please: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=12336
Read this thread, please: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=12336
I just a have a small request for the new TV plugin. Can you change the name that shows up when you install it? I use the...
Replies
Views
To make this even stranger, I got home, ran the updater again, and now my Guide data is correct. I also noticed that my tvguide.xml is much, much bigger, and my program data goes on for more days. I guess tv.yahoo.com was having some technical problems, and the updater pulled down bad data.
To make this even stranger, I got home, ran the updater again, and now my Guide data is correct. I also noticed that my tvguide.xml...
I just setup WebEPG for the first time. It's pulling in all the correct channels and shows, but with one problem. It is moving...
Replies
Views
Thx:-)
Thx:-)
Hello! Is it possible to run tvserver with mp 0.2.1 or will it be? My MP 0.2.1 is anyhow running better then ever. Regards
Replies
Views
I guess I should assume either (1) there is no plan (2) it can not be revealed.
I guess I should assume either (1) there is no plan (2) it can not be revealed.
I really appreciate work of all people connected with MP develompment. (If it was so simply possible I would send you any money...
Replies
Views
I use A169 dual analog H/W card that works with my own xml file: <?xml version="1.0"?> <capturecards> <capturecard commercialname="AVerMedia A169 Tuner 1" capturename="AVerMedia Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_622a1461&amp;rev_10"> <capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="true" sw="false"...
I use A169 dual analog H/W card that works with my own xml file: <?xml version="1.0"?> <capturecards> <capturecard...
I use A169 dual analog H/W card that works with my own xml file: <?xml version="1.0"?> <capturecards> <capturecard...
Replies
Views
Where do I find more information about this new distributed architecture? I am definitely interested in seeing if the MediaMVP can support MP as a thin client via the mvpmc project but being new to MP and I have spent some time navigating the forums and web site and I can't find anything about that would help me determine if this...
Where do I find more information about this new distributed architecture? I am definitely interested in seeing if the MediaMVP can...
I have been using (testing) MP for a couple of weeks to see if it suits my needs. First of all I like to express my admiration for...
Replies
Views
Thanks FlipGer, I'll post some feedback as soon as I setup the whole thing. thl
Thanks FlipGer, I'll post some feedback as soon as I setup the whole thing. thl
i, I'm a current tvedia user. I'm planning to move to mediaportal because of the lack of a tv/pvr engine. I'm waiting for my new...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Adding Client??? DE
you installed the plugin on each client this changes the "My TV" option to connect to a server rather than local TV engine. the client plugin is included with the tvserver download. it's all in the WIKI. http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Engine_0.3
you installed the plugin on each client this changes the "My TV" option to connect to a server rather than local TV engine. the...
I've been seaching the site, forums, etc for hours now. I *think* I have the TV server installed and working. How or where in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've been using GB-PVR for some time now, but it doesn't support encrypted channels , so now I've started to use MediaPortal for my FireDTV DVB-C and I still use GB-PVR with my Hauppauge PVR500, PVR350 and MediaMPV. I've noticed that after running MediaPortal Setup, the entries in the registry under...
Hi, I've been using GB-PVR for some time now, but it doesn't support encrypted channels , so now I've started to use MediaPortal...
Hi, I've been using GB-PVR for some time now, but it doesn't support encrypted channels , so now I've started to use MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
I use Hibernate because I have no UPS and a rather unpredictable electrical grid. Would probably switch to Standby otherwise. I use Powerscheduler to wake up from Hibernate and record, although this has been problematic lately. I'm not sure what I did, but for about a month I've had wake-up errors that crash MediaPortal about 75%...
I use Hibernate because I have no UPS and a rather unpredictable electrical grid. Would probably switch to Standby otherwise. I...
Ideally it would be good to see a survey on this. Ive been fiddling with standby modes with MP -- and I wanted to see what was...
Replies
Views
switching on my system is even faster compared to the (very very good) 0.2.1. was about 2 seconds, now <=1 second! ys, LX
switching on my system is even faster compared to the (very very good) 0.2.1. was about 2 seconds, now <=1 second! ys, LX
I installed the TV-server and MP on a HTPC a few days ago. Everything worked fine (after I found out I had to manually enter the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP Client on PPC DE
intermediate report: after a weekend (!) of setting up 0.2.0, the latest svn, tvengine server and client i´m having an almost stable system which is not going to s3 automatically ;-( yet and no epg functioning (why isn´t there any chance to import channel settings and webepg config from "before" - the very good 0.2.1 release??) i...
intermediate report: after a weekend (!) of setting up 0.2.0, the latest svn, tvengine server and client i´m having an almost...
Hi there, for a long time i´m having the dream to use my pocket pc (ipaq) as mp client for streamed audio/video. if i understand...
Replies
Views
you know this? -> http://update.microsoft.com ? well this one maybe is required :D :S surely NOT SVN builds are ONLY THERE FOR TESTING ah, and you do not need that to your play videofiles in i.e. Windows MediaPlayer or others :S erm. dvb-EPG grabbing works out of the box. XMLTV and WebEPG are included in the MediaPortal...
you know this? -> http://update.microsoft.com ? well this one maybe is required :D :S surely NOT SVN builds are ONLY THERE FOR...
Hi, In these MP changing times, I was just wondering if there is a official MP roadmap, or if the developers have it hidden...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 wireless defender DE
Just an idea for those interested. I have my media center pc in the living room and my boss at work was showing me this http://www.wirelessdefender.net/ then I got the idea maybe it would work great for the media pc. This way when you walk in the door after work the tv starts or even music starts in media portal and if you want to...
Just an idea for those interested. I have my media center pc in the living room and my boss at work was showing me this...
Just an idea for those interested. I have my media center pc in the living room and my boss at work was showing me this...
Replies
Views
:( ouch, that's a problem... we'll see. If it becomes as popular as I hope it will, then someone will come up and write this. Sometimes I wish I had better dev abilities (and more time too). Also, if TV-Server does some multicast, I mean if it can multicast like 30 channels + (with enough tuners of course), then some of those...
:( ouch, that's a problem... we'll see. If it becomes as popular as I hope it will, then someone will come up and write this...
Good Morning, First of all, I just wanna say a big thanks to the devs working on MP as they do some awsome work, so, :thx: ...
Replies
Views
Again for historical reasons I have 3 types of rips on my hard drive. \Lossy\genre\album name \Lossless\verified\genre\album name \Lossless\unverified\genre\album name Mp3's go in the first, flac files go in the 2nd, then flac files with .log files go in the last. As time goes by the mp3 directory gets smaller and smaller as its...
Again for historical reasons I have 3 types of rips on my hard drive. \Lossy\genre\album name \Lossless\verified\genre\album name...
I´ve invested 100+ hours now to broaden my music collection and tag them properly. But I am unsure on how I should finally store...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the info guys. I guess it may all come down to the ease of install. For newbies and others not so hot on MP-type software, if the install is not much different to the current MP and more stuff is automated (for example setting up the epg or installing an stb outside the USA) then we probably wouldn't see too much...
Thanks for the info guys. I guess it may all come down to the ease of install. For newbies and others not so hot on MP-type...
[SOLVED] what is advantage of server/client setup if only have one dedicated PC ?? Naive question possibly but I'll ask it anyway...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Recommendation!! DE
Although the Media Portal docs are unsure I can Highly recommend The Pinnacle 310i DVB tuner card; This is my story; I used to have two windows media centre pcs, one in my living room and one in the bedroom they both played up, crashing, being slow and what not. I decided to move th bed room one on to MP. And all went well spec...
Although the Media Portal docs are unsure I can Highly recommend The Pinnacle 310i DVB tuner card; This is my story; I used to...
Although the Media Portal docs are unsure I can Highly recommend The Pinnacle 310i DVB tuner card; This is my story; I used to...
Replies
Views
i didn't use a lot of these features - but bookmarks was really handy and i'd love to see it return :)
i didn't use a lot of these features - but bookmarks was really handy and i'd love to see it return :)
Just got a quick question here - while i like the new look OSD in 0.2.1, where have all the options like bookmarks, etc, got to? is...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 My Music Videos DE
It's not possible with MediaPortal, right now. Furthermore it's not quite sure if it's allowed or not if it's legal or not. Regards Ralph
It's not possible with MediaPortal, right now. Furthermore it's not quite sure if it's allowed or not if it's legal or not...
Just wondering is there any way these can be captured to hard disc while streaming? Thanks.
Replies
Views
see here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=11481, already reported and not fixed in SVNs
see here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=11481, already reported and not fixed in SVNs
does anyone else three notification when you say insert a disc that you dont want to play or set a reminder in the epg?
Replies
Views
I was using the beta, and I use the final build now. No problems at all.
I was using the beta, and I use the final build now. No problems at all.
I have seen that the new Mediaplayer 11 is finished ( the german version :p ) . I just want to know if I can use it with MP, or if...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Play rar and images DE
Definitely something I would love to see added.
Definitely something I would love to see added.
Hello everybody Do someone now if it is posseble to play rar files. Like its done in xbox. Allmost everybody has a lot og rar...
Replies
Views
It's been done very well, to the point where if you try the TV server and have some issues, all you have to do us remove the TV server client plugin then add back in your TV cards in config (you have to remove these entries to use the TV server). Makes it very easy to try it out without having to commit to anything. Understanding...
It's been done very well, to the point where if you try the TV server and have some issues, all you have to do us remove the TV...
Alright, I am not sure if MP Server is for me or not. I currently run MP in my living room. I use network shares to gain access...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Pandora DE
Great stuff! I hope it won't change to much when it's opensource. The intellegence is amazing.
Great stuff! I hope it won't change to much when it's opensource. The intellegence is amazing.
I have contacted by mail the author of the excelent Openpandora app to ask him if he would want to help develloping a pandora...
Replies
Views
Just got another error when viewing the info on the the card under "Capture Cards" it said unable to create Graph on this card. EDIT: also these chanels work fine in the ATI MCC
Just got another error when viewing the info on the the card under "Capture Cards" it said unable to create Graph on this card...
Hi guys. I've been messing with this for a while and I've finally gotten my SD channels to show up when I auto scan but when I open...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Porting the TV server to Linux (1 Viewer) DE
Thread closed. I'm really regretting closing a thread since this goes against my beliefs But if people do nothing else then whining/ranting and insulting others then you guys leave me no other choice. You have been warned several times and still you continue about linux/windows wars etc etc. so I hope onkl & leo212 see they caused...
Thread closed. I'm really regretting closing a thread since this goes against my beliefs But if people do nothing else then...
As we all know the new TV Server will be 100% Microsoft Depended (.NET, SQL Server, etc...) service, and surely cannot run under...
Replies
Views
good to hear, head to develop it in the dark since i dont have the card Glad it works Frodo
good to hear, head to develop it in the dark since i dont have the card Glad it works Frodo
I thanx frodo and dman for the diseq c support for Hauppauge Nova SE2 / Plus its working fine i have testet with astra 19°...
Replies
Views
i searched at the atitool forum and found out that it was a problem with that specific version that i had DL'd, got the latest beta and it worked alright.
i searched at the atitool forum and found out that it was a problem with that specific version that i had DL'd, got the latest beta...
Hi This is my first post here. I currently don't have an HTPC but a normal PC with a ATI X850 graphics card. I recently...
Replies
Views
In fact... it's not just the thumbnails. It's all pics. Even those in My Pictures. They look fine when viewed through anything other than MP. I've tried with B2, MePo Green and Simplify. Same problem. Any ideas?
In fact... it's not just the thumbnails. It's all pics. Even those in My Pictures. They look fine when viewed through anything...
MediaPortal 0.2.10 B2 4:3 skin Since upgrading to 0.2.1.0, all my thumbnails look thin. It's almost as if they are anamorphic...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom