Storage (7 Viewers)

Discussions about HDD, SSD, DVD, BluRay, etc., go in here
If you haven't found a solution I have it here: NeroDriveSpeed (http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Rip-Other-Tools/Nero-DriveSpeed.shtml). For setting this up, put a dvd in the drive and if you have multiple drives remember to select the correct one. Choose options and add the lowest speed and delete the rest. Also set...
If you haven't found a solution I have it here: NeroDriveSpeed...
I need to slow a DVD/Blu Ray drive to make it acceptable for use in a media centre. All the utilities I can find seem to be...
Replies
Views
How about this board for a NAS idea.. VIA Launches First Ever Dual Core Pico-ITX Motherboard The CPU at 1ghz should be enough for mp tv server and some hdds
How about this board for a NAS idea.. VIA Launches First Ever Dual Core Pico-ITX Motherboard The CPU at 1ghz should be...
Hi Guys, I have been doing some clearing out of 'junk' (this is what the GF calls it; I say it is useful stuff just set aside...
Replies
Views
i would recommend an extra fan like a sharkoon silent eagle 1000. those things are almost inaudiable even at 12v. i had to experince what happens when a hdd gets too hot and its not funny loosing all your data. in my case i dint loose everything but datablocks have been cross referenced which for example means that some parts game...
i would recommend an extra fan like a sharkoon silent eagle 1000. those things are almost inaudiable even at 12v. i had to...
Hi I have Antec fusion V2 case and I have used elastic cords (http://www.silentpcreview.com/article8-page2.html ) to make the...
Replies
Views
The latter, due to spinning up and down. During spin up/down access to other drives seems to be blocked. So, if you are timeshifting with the recording HDD spun down, then a recording starts (which causes the recording HDD to spin up)... you might expect to see a pause and/or glitch while timeshifting. The former - different...
The latter, due to spinning up and down. During spin up/down access to other drives seems to be blocked. So, if you are...
Hi folks, i would like to hear your recommendations for a new HDD for my MP Server. Im running a multi-seat environment. The...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HDD Prices DE
Thank you for the reply, however, do note that this thread is nearly two years old.
Thank you for the reply, however, do note that this thread is nearly two years old.
I have just been looking at HDD's with a thought to get a couple of 2Tb ones for back up purposes. Is it me, or have HDD prices...
Replies
Views
Remember that recorded digital TV is only in megabits, whereas your hard drive should be able to read and write many megabytes a second. I can easily record 10+ channels at once and play back at the same time.
Remember that recorded digital TV is only in megabits, whereas your hard drive should be able to read and write many megabytes a...
Hey everybody. I am planning to by a new Hard Drive for my recordings and would like to know if a Hard Drive with 5400 U/Min is...
Replies
Views
OK, there are various faster non-hard-drive methods (SSD, RAMdisk, other kinds of flash memory) that should theoretically be better than cheap USB sticks, but what I'm saying is that a cheap USB stick is working perfectly for me (and has been for over a year) and cost hardly anything. And I'm using both DVB-S and DVB-T, SD and HD...
OK, there are various faster non-hard-drive methods (SSD, RAMdisk, other kinds of flash memory) that should theoretically be better...
i have tried a few USB Flash drives, with limited success - stuttering etc. My reserach indicates that some flash drives are...
Replies
Views
I am having the same problem. I have two usb hard dirives and am only having this problem with the WD My Book drive. It shows to set them up in MP config but when I open MP they aren't there. The other drive is a WD Elements and it works fine. Drives me crazy.
I am having the same problem. I have two usb hard dirives and am only having this problem with the WD My Book drive. It shows to...
I am having a problem with Media portal recognizing my external HDD. Media Portal won't read or play or show any files on my...
Replies
Views
The transfer speed with FW and USB2 are about the same (especially with HDDs, since the drive is the limiting factor). However, FW has lower CPU usage than USB2 according to a few hardware reviews I've read (no link handy).
The transfer speed with FW and USB2 are about the same (especially with HDDs, since the drive is the limiting factor). However...
I would like to hear your thoughts as I think many people have the same "problem" Problem: Need extra HDD space Idea: Add an...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
Hello, I want to conect 2 external HDDs via eSata and if possible some internal HDD via Sata. The HDD are only for storing data and not for Operating System and not RAID mode! Just simple storage! I have free PCI slot's and looking for an extension card that don't load's during booting. Does anyone know a PCI card with at...
Hello, I want to conect 2 external HDDs via eSata and if possible some internal HDD via Sata. The HDD are only for storing...
Hello, I want to conect 2 external HDDs via eSata and if possible some internal HDD via Sata. The HDD are only for storing...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 DVD player lockups DE
Its one of those intermittant faults, hard to tie down. The PC is only used as a mediacentre, and I prefer Mediaportal as the playback; but you're right, I have another I could try. I wasn't sure what drivers mediaportal used to access a DVD, so assumed it was within Mediaportal.... Where are the crash logs maintained in windows...
Its one of those intermittant faults, hard to tie down. The PC is only used as a mediacentre, and I prefer Mediaportal as the...
Mediacentre running XP, Mediaportal 1.1.2. All playbacks of video from the hard drives is fine, but using the SATA DVD player it...
Replies
Views
Might it not be cheaper to get two seperate CF > SATA cards and then set the RAID1 through the motherboard? Here they sell'm for 15 dollars with free shipping.
Might it not be cheaper to get two seperate CF > SATA cards and then set the RAID1 through the motherboard? Here they sell'm for 15...
This smart DIY SSD adaptor looks flash to me. Excuse pun. Couple of cheap 4GB CF cards, and you're away with silent, low...
Replies
Views
Hi Karmi, yes I did this. The thing to remember is Microsoft tools typically only allow you to migrate a drive to another of equal or greater size regardless of wether the actual amount of data on the HDD would fit on the SSD or not. What I did was download a trial version of Acronis True Image...
Hi Karmi, yes I did this. The thing to remember is Microsoft tools typically only allow you to migrate a drive to another of equal...
As the title says.
Replies
Views
Mine's not fixed unfortunately (or I have a different problem as well). I might try flashing again to see if that helps -some people report that the problem goes away after flashing twice...
Mine's not fixed unfortunately (or I have a different problem as well). I might try flashing again to see if that helps -some...
In case this is happening to anyone else, if you have a Crucial M4 and have found your system freezing recently at random (usually...
Replies
Views
Thanks Aitor! Yes I use Win7 - I'll try it tomorrow M
Thanks Aitor! Yes I use Win7 - I'll try it tomorrow M
Hi, I have a 64Gb SSD coming tomorrow for my bedroom client. I have just got it working well and all plugins working properly...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the input. I'll look into getting some higher quality power supplies, these seem pretty cheap. In fact, I bought the disks in the US and now live in Kazakhstan, so I wonder if the different power coming in might have an impact on these. Maybe if I can find some Euro/Asian standard supplies that will work with these...
Thanks for the input. I'll look into getting some higher quality power supplies, these seem pretty cheap. In fact, I bought the...
I recently moved my MP setup to a new laptop. As with my previous setup, media is stored on two external HDDs. Unlike with my...
Replies
Views
Thanks very much Eeyore, but I already went ahead and made a 50gig partition. All went wrong and mediaportal was installed all over the shop , so I ended up removing the partition, uninstalling mediaportal and reinstalling and all is well. Have encountered other small problems that I need help fixing but need to be posted in another...
Thanks very much Eeyore, but I already went ahead and made a 50gig partition. All went wrong and mediaportal was installed all...
Iwas going to use a small ide drive for windows xp and mediaportal, and a large sata drive for storage but I cant get them to read...
Replies
Views
try using Anydvd to limit read speed alternatively, nero drivespeed or cdbremse "CD-Brakes" may also work Also, some drives offer a firmware option for adjusting read speed.
try using Anydvd to limit read speed alternatively, nero drivespeed or cdbremse "CD-Brakes" may also work Also, some drives offer...
I have the following problem: I use a Sony BC-5600S BlueRay drive in my HTPC. Works good so far, but sometimes on playing DVD or...
Replies
Views
Me too, nice easy software to use and of course free, their Partition Master beats the M$ utility hands down as well :D
Me too, nice easy software to use and of course free, their Partition Master beats the M$ utility hands down as well :D
As per topic.. whats the best way to convert from HDD to SSD without reinstalling. Are there downsides to doing this over a fresh...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 BD drive issues DE
These LG drives are a a little tricky to use with drive speed limiting apps like nero, it works but takes some time to configure. Slysoft's drive speed doesn't work with the LG drive when inserting a burned DVD.
These LG drives are a a little tricky to use with drive speed limiting apps like nero, it works but takes some time to configure...
Hello! I am thinking of upgrading my HTPC and installing a BD reader (and/or writer), and I was thinking about the LG ones. The...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 8 Port sata? DE
Sorry I have only just seen this thread. I have two of these cards in a server that I have just built. They do come with the full height brackets. They had the half height ones fitted and i just had to swap them over. Just make sure you get the right cables to connect your drives. I got 2 cables for each card. Mine required mini sas...
Sorry I have only just seen this thread. I have two of these cards in a server that I have just built. They do come with the full...
Does anyone know of any 8 or 16 port Sata II cards for pci-e? Not raid, just a sata controller. I can find lots for pci-x, but...
Replies
Views
As the title says my 3TB USB HDD doesn't work after MePo went to sleep and stayed this way for a while. It's connected to a USB 2.0 port and has only one partition. It is recognized and files play fine after a restart, but when i send the PC to sleep for a while (doesn't happen when the time is to short), the disk is still there and...
As the title says my 3TB USB HDD doesn't work after MePo went to sleep and stayed this way for a while. It's connected to a USB...
As the title says my 3TB USB HDD doesn't work after MePo went to sleep and stayed this way for a while. It's connected to a USB...
Replies
Views
Yeah actually the i3-3225 is fine, it's worth it over the i3-3220... for some reason I thought the CPU you listed wasn't the cheapest 3rd gen i3. You can also consider AMD Trinity A4-5300 A6-5400 both are also good HTPC CPUs (Don't get the AMD Llano eg. A4-3XXX or A6-3XXX) The AMD CPUs generally have slightly faster graphics and...
Yeah actually the i3-3225 is fine, it's worth it over the i3-3220... for some reason I thought the CPU you listed wasn't the...
My current HTPC uses a 2tb WD green drive for everything. I plan to keep this drive for the new rig. I'm about to order parts for...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 20TB fileserver DE
Ofcourse! it was a Adaptec 5805ZQ ink BBU. New from eBay, really cheap! Other spec of the pc: Fractal design chassi ("mini tower") Corsair 500w psu modular Z87 gigabyte m-atx i5 Haswell 3,2ghz 16 (2x8) GB RAM Adaptec 5805ZQ Samsung 840 120GB SSD (sys) 6x4 Seagate 4TB 5900rpm RAID5 5,25 to 4x hot swap 2,5" in front (dont know what to...
Ofcourse! it was a Adaptec 5805ZQ ink BBU. New from eBay, really cheap! Other spec of the pc: Fractal design chassi ("mini...
My HTPC streams its content from the file-server in my flat (multi-seat setup). I have made a video of the file server; this thread...
Replies
Views
I used to use 2.5" SATA HDDs in my 2 client PCs, but I got fed up of the constant clicking noise coming from one of them. I think it was a Western Digital drive. I found out it was the over aggressive power saving feature on the drive trying to park the heads every 20 seconds or so. Since I use a server for everything and the only...
I used to use 2.5" SATA HDDs in my 2 client PCs, but I got fed up of the constant clicking noise coming from one of them. I think...
Is anyone using normal laptop drives in their HTPC. I currently have a Western Digital 500GB GP drive in my HTPC but I use...
Replies
Views
Hi. I like to introduce you the next step in the evolution of my PC- infrastructure. Maybe you remember the first step: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/my-powerful-htpc-in-a-drawer.127432/ You may noticed that I like and prefer unusual computer cases there already. This project takes this to the next level. More about it...
Hi. I like to introduce you the next step in the evolution of my PC- infrastructure. Maybe you remember the first step...
Hi. I like to introduce you the next step in the evolution of my PC- infrastructure. Maybe you remember the first step...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom