Amazon Prime Germany? (3 Viewers)

JSurf

Portal Pro
November 27, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Can you name the series/films that are not working ? I have jet to find a series/film that is not working. I think it is only a matter of finding the right parameters for rtmp

yes i think flash player performance is kind of bad. I can watch HD streams on my AMD E350 via MePo/rtmp with cpu load between 30-50%, when i use the flash player in the browser i can barely watch SD streams and the CPU usage is near 100%. I also noticed that watching hd streams at prime time (8pm) has some stuttering problems that are caused by amazon performance problems. If possible you could test hd streaming at day time to see if it makes a difference for you.

mansoniac

Portal Member
March 19, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
I will try
Can you name the series/films that are not working ? I have jet to find a series/film that is not working. I think it is only a matter of finding the right parameters for rtmp

yes i think flash player performance is kind of bad. I can watch HD streams on my AMD E350 via MePo/rtmp with cpu load between 30-50%, when i use the flash player in the browser i can barely watch SD streams and the CPU usage is near 100%. I also noticed that watching hd streams at prime time (8pm) has some stuttering problems that are caused by amazon performance problems. If possible you could test hd streaming at day time to see if it makes a difference for you.

I will try to find the series that´s not working tonight. Daytime testing is a little difficult, since working...

mansoniac

Portal Member
March 19, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Tested. When I try to watch Dexter, season one I get "Fehler beim Abrufen der Videos dieser Rubrik" . Don't know how this translates to English.
HTH .

... Io stupido ... I just saw dexter is 18. O. K. So why can I open other Dexter series?

Last edited:

babyschuh

Portal Member
October 12, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just tested for five minutes and found some things, that might help debugging:
First:
Series not playing with the Version from page 10 (rtmp?): Castle Season 2 and 6 (the german ones so you have to look for Castle Staffel x).
The first 1.10 version supporting Prime can play them. New version says something like "... can't find URL...". Can look for the logs if you like to.

Second (rtmp version):
If I browse through TV / krimi I can find some Seasons of Castle and some not. If I remember right Season 1-4 are avaliable - 5 and 6 are missing.
If I use the Search function - Season 5 and 6 are also found.

JSurf

Portal Pro
November 27, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Seems the problem with Castle playback is, when you do a search before browsing any other categories, there was a bug that you don't get logged in.

New Version:
- Fixed login when doing a search first without browsing
- Fixed parsing of 18+ videos
- Added config setting "Amazon Pin" where you can store your adult pin and watch 18+ stuff, Dexter is working now
- Fixed UK browsing URLs (Anyone who wants to test ? @Jason Pyke maybe ?

@babyschuh With the category browsing, they are sorted by popularity by Amazon, Season 1-4 seem to be more popular than season 5/6 so they are not on the same browsing page

Attachments

• OnlineVideos1.10.0.0.mpe1
    11.7 MB

Jason Pyke

Portal Pro
April 12, 2013
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
@JSurf, unfortunately I can't test the UK site, my trial has been cancelled early (for some reason). The only other person who I know has Prime UK is @TheBatfink, maybe he can try it.

By the way, well done on getting streams working via MePo. I didn't have a long enough trial to fully investigate all playback methods originally, but it definitely seems like a better way forward.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Updated!

Age verification for 18+ works like a charm. Thanks, great enhancement.
    Using Fast Forward still crashes MePo, is there something you can do about that (e.g. disabling/ignoring ff command?)

Is there a setting in OLV to always choose the highest resolution available or will I always be asked?

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the quality is automatically chosen depending on you bandwidth.

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, on start of a video I can choose (when using the RTSP version with flash player. You are right when using silverlight).
    Bandwith is not a problem here, there's plenty.

Users who are viewing this thread