aMPed 3.0 - revaMPed (1 Viewer)

pk74

Portal Member
December 2, 2009
Actually - it did NOT. But, you can breathe easy - I'm not certain it's an issue with your skin.
After rolling back to the new drivers, setting the TV size and position options on the Nvidia control panel with just the desktop displaying on the TV, then going into MP and tweaking it - I've discovered other issues. After starting an episode, I hit pause to see how the OSD displayed. It didnt display at all, but the controls still worked. The volume display didnt show either, yet still worked. I exited, rebooted, still the same. Then on a lark I went into MovingPictures and hit pause on a movie - the OSD was back, but up at the top again! So I exited the movie, went back to the TV episode and the OSD was back THERE, too. I'm able to reproduce this sequence not only in your skin, but in the default skins also, sooo, I'm thinking it's still a 'me' problem, not a skin issue. :/ But since it's doing it with all of them, I'm still sticking with yours! :)

Care to see screenshots/logfiles/AVI file of it happening??

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Care to see screenshots/logfiles/AVI file of it happening??
    LOL! I believe you, and I am not sure I have the expertise to help! I am assuming a screenshot would look like what you posted previously?

What I would do, is pause MP during playback to get the OSD at the top. Then I would play with the nVidia settings to see if I could get it to display properly instead of using your desktop. That might at least give you a clue what is going on. If you can 'shrink' the screen until it works in MP, then compare it with the desktop and see how much difference that makes.

You can also check if MP has a screen calibration setting that is interfering with your display. Look in your user files folder (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal on Vista) for a file ScreenCalibration....xml. This file is created when you use the screen setting in MP GUI -> Settings -> Screen Set-up -> Screen Calib. You can try a couple of things - one is to move the file so you don't have any settings (but keep it in case you need to put it back). The other is to play with the settings in MP and see if that can correct your problem. You want to make sure the pixel ratio is 1 and the rectangle is perfectly square. However, as soon as you enter Screen Calibration MP will create a ScreenCalibration....xml and if it doesn't work, or screws up your display further, you have to delete it manually from the userdata folder (I refrain from commenting on this!)

Don't despair PK74, It took me a while to figure out how to get my screen resolution set up correctly. The good news is, once you get it, you rarely ever need to change it again. The worst part is my TV is in another room, so I got lots of exercise running back and forth LOL!

kmarkot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    TVMiniGuide,tvZAPOSD,TVOSD

my mod to tv

Attachments

• bg_desc.png
      bg_desc.png
      31.6 KB
    • context_background.png
      context_background.png
      38.7 KB
    • tvZAPOSD.xml
      30.6 KB
    • TVOSD.xml
      30.6 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: aMPed 3.0 (4:3) - revaMPed!

Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone! I was trying to get aMPed 3.1 ready for you to play with over the holidays, but didn't quite make it!!!

However, we are VERY close. What I need is five eager users to test the new version. At least one user should test in MP 1.1 - even though aMPed does not officially support it yet i want to make sure it works for our early bird MP 1.1 users.

The big changes are:
    • New Editor for both BasicHome styles - Classic (button style), and revaMPed (vertical submenu style)
    • New WineGlass theme
    • Support for several more plugins like Music Videos, Anime, StreamedRadio and Scorecenter
    • Support for the new, soon to be released version of MovingPictures 1.0
    • More Layout and Graphics Improvements
    • Bug fixes - like the Mini TV Guide
      And the BIGGEST CHANGE OF ALL!
    • New Fanart Handler Plugin - developed by cul8er for the x-factor skin. See Fanart Handling to get ready for this exciting new development in MP!
    With the fanart handler plugin YOU control what backdrops display. If you don't have fanart or don't like backdrops, and don't enable the fanart plugin, aMPed will display big covers for you instead. I hope you are reading this Latvian3Dman!

However, if you do have fanart and enable this plugin, it will fade between multiple backdrop images - just like the MovingPictures and TVSeries plugins do, in almost all Music and Video windows. Soon it will also provide download of Music Fanart from htbackdrops.com. It even allows you to display random fanart images from your fanart folders for TVSeries, Videos, Moving Pictures, Music, Games, Pictures and more, without the memory limitations of the multiimage controls that aMPed used previously.

Perhaps best of all, the Fanart Handler Plugin creates a 'central' folder for your fanart - in the new [userdata]\thumbs\skin fanart folder. This means you can use your fanart in any skin without copying it, or when you upgrade to a new version of a skin... like aMPed!!!

So anyone interested? I won't release the new version until it has been properly tested, so please sign up soon - either here in the forum, by PMing me, or join us in IRC channel #amped.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, with the fanart handler you can also select the resolution of images you wish to use as backdrops - so no more poor quality thumbs will display!

kmarkot - nice work on the OSD backgrounds! I am assuming those are for Monochrome theme? I also made some changes to them for 3.1 but maybe I will see if I can incorporate yours for the new release! :D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

OK that's two for MP 1.1! I don't mind if there are more than five testers since no one tests everything! But we need some 1.0.2 users.

Thanks for the quick reply guys, I was not expecting that! And nice to see you're still around EyePop. I'm sure if there is a bug you will find it :).

Automerged Doublepost:

In addition, Joz had done some skin files for 4TR (For the Record) and HTPC Info, before he retired from skinning. But I have not found anyone to test these. If someone is willing, I can include them in aMPed 3.1. If not, I guess they bite the dust!

kmarkot

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

@kmarkot - nice work on the OSD backgrounds! I am assuming those are for Monochrome theme? I also made some changes to them for 3.1 but maybe I will see if I can incorporate yours for the new release! :D

Osd backgrounds from Core.Everyone can use if you like them.Or my modifications

photopeter

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: aMPed 3.0 (4:3) - revaMPed!

Hi.
    I'm working on a Moving Pictures 1.0 Support, mainly for my personal use. It's not too simple to add all the new features of MovingPictures 1. Most of the Time i just copy and paste parts from Blue3wide Skin files to the related aMPed files and modify the position to fit the aMPed skin.

Up to now i've only modified the listview to work with 1.0. This means localized messages in the ticker, support for mediainfo (using the logos coming with MP1.0 for the b3W skin) and having a simple categories breadcrumb at the top. The tagline has gone to get enough room...
    Up to now I still have to deactivate "Organize movies by category", but that's the next part I start working on.

On my setup Moving Pictures looks like this right now:
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Attachments

• Zwischenablage-1.jpg
      Zwischenablage-1.jpg
      103.9 KB
    • Zwischenablage-2.jpg
      Zwischenablage-2.jpg
      97.5 KB
    • Zwischenablage-3.jpg
      Zwischenablage-3.jpg
      119.9 KB

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: aMPed 3.0 (4:3) - revaMPed!

Hi.
    I'm working on a Moving Pictures 1.0 Support, mainly for my personal use. It's not too simple to add all the new features of MovingPictures 1. Most of the Time i just copy and paste parts from Blue3wide Skin files to the related aMPed files and modify the position to fit the aMPed skin.

Up to now i've only modified the listview to work with 1.0. This means localized messages in the ticker, support for mediainfo (using the logos coming with MP1.0 for the b3W skin) and having a simple categories breadcrumb at the top. The tagline has gone to get enough room...
    Up to now I still have to deactivate "Organize movies by category", but that's the next part I start working on.

On my setup Moving Pictures looks like this right now:

:D for your effort
    Nevetheless MovingPictures support has already been added to aMPed.
    Take a look at the issue tracker: Issue 136 - amped - update skin for MovingPictures (v1.0.1 beta) - Project Hosting on Google Code

But If you want to, you still can help out, iirc there is no full localization support, yet. Take a look at movingpictures.xml - amped - Project Hosting on Google Code
    replace the related strings with moving pictures' skin properties and provide a patch, diff or the plain file.
    I am sure dadeo likes every help he gets ;)

Users who are viewing this thread