aMPed update for MediaPortal 1.2 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I would have answered those questions if I knew LOL! First, I don't seem to have a 'back burner', my limitation seems to be fuel! (why do I need food and sleep?) :p Actually Wiki is kinda on back burner atm. I have to help Guzzi get My Films 5.0 released because it is utterly awesome!

It is much easier for me to add those skin features now while I am in 'skinning mode'. With skinning it is always hard to say how long something will take, because until you get in there you don't always know what MP will and won't let you do! Especially with aMPed with its multiple options. However, I have already laid the groundwork and done some tests, so I think only a few days. BUT I don't want to try each of the options as they can be a lot of work, so I wanted some idea which option(s) y'all might prefer and then work on that.

As for testing, well every screen in each font size and screen size and layout - that's often 36 tests per screen. LOL! Seriously though, Radio and TV are not something I use much so those screens likely need the most testing. The new Music database properties need testing, although I already found bugs in 1.2.0 beta which I reported and are now fixed for 1.2.0 RC.

Several of the plugins, like Media Slayer, File Explorer, Alarm I never use. And I am never sure of the more advanced features of many plugins. I can rarely playback online content with my internet connection, though I try to test Online Videos playback (I usually download and playback later). So basically just use the stuff you normally use a lot, especially the plugins where you use 'advanced' features, and let me know if there are any issues.

EDIT: As I said, anyone using MyEmulators - it needs testing as well, and I am not sure about all the Browse the Web features yet. Anime2 is still in process as I only just got the latest skin updates, but it is mostly working, just some changes on the admin screens for now.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have updated all of the currently available 1.2.0 beta versions of plugins supported by aMPed now. See the aMPed Wiki: Supported Plugins - I added a column for 3.3 / 1.2.0 versions.

As you will see, most are supported, although there is no 1.2.0 beta versions yet for the following:
    • MyFilms 5.0.1 - not yet released but hopefully soon will be (skin files are already done)
    • Streamradio
    • DailyComics
    • For The Record
    • Outlook Mail - might check out MyeMailManager instead?
    • Programs - seems neither Programs nor Programs Alt are in development anymore - should I remove it?
    • Games - none seem to have a 1.2.0 beta version yet although there is an unofficial version of MyEmulators - It seems to be working in aMPed, but I don't really use it, so need someone to test! (Migue? ;))
    I have added support for Browse The Web plugin. Are there any new plugins you wish to see supported? On the tracker already for consideration:
    • HTPC Info
    • SubCentral
    • VideoNews
    Now that the grunt work is done, I hope to add a couple new features for 3.3.

NEW DETAILS VIEW
    It is getting harder and harder to display all data on a 4x3 screen. Menus are longer, more data is available and there are several cases where I cannot fit both the Menu and data on the screen at the same time. This means that plots and other long description fields end up quite short in List Layouts. So, I am considering adding a Info Button for Details View. This means that in List Layouts you will press the right arrow key for any screen that has an aMPed Details view and as before the left arrow for Menu. Then you can have a much larger display for all the details.

What's your opinion? Should I do it?

WideScreen - WIDER LISTS
    The design of the current widescreen layout does not really support wider lists very nicely. So I am working on an alternative layout for those who wish to have those wide lists. There are a few options:
    1. Leave fanart as is but just add an overlay behind the wide lists, so part of the fanart will be obscured.
    2. Only support wide lists in non fanart (i.e. Big Covers and no backdrops) layouts. This would be similar to the current Icons/Filmstrip/Coverflow layouts where fanart would only be visible when you access the Menu or Details view.
    3. Make fanart full screen so lists overlap it, like in 4x3 version. However, the top and bottom bars of aMPed will obscure part of the fanart, and need to or text will not be visible.
    What's your preference?

Finally, if those who have tested latest SVN could let me know if they think a beta release is 'ready', I will post an installer version here in the forum for everyone to test. Or should I wait until the above new features are added?

In particular I really need someone to test the new Recorded Radio and Radio Search features, as I cannot use Radio here.
    (Reg?)

Thanks for any input/feedback.

Dadeo

Yes I think the right arrow for more info is good as I dont like a page to be too cluttered.

I would wait until the new features are done before releasing a beta.

I just ran through all the radio menus and options (NOT the Plugins like radio time etc) just the standard ones that my tuners detect and all seem fine.

The only thing I noticed is that MP bug that has been there for years where the timer gets all screwed if you jump from one station to another without pressing stop is still there, but that is an MP problem & nothing to do with aMPed. Maybe you could let some of your developer buddies know about that one as last time I tried to report it I got totally lost as to where to report it etc and no one responded anyway LOL :)

I have not go many plugins installed yet as I am waiting until FTR 1.6 is released, before I go making too many modifications to my system.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    [*]Outlook Mail - might check out MyeMailManager instead?
    [*]Programs - seems neither Programs nor Programs Alt are in development anymore - should I remove it?
    Dadeo

If it's not in development anymore then i would remove it.

I have added support for Browse The Web plugin. Are there any new plugins you wish to see supported? On the tracker already for consideration:
    Dadeo

I'm using Browse The Web plugin now for infoservice plugin and it works fine for opening the page infoservice points to but i'm having problems when entering the numbers for other links, the number shows on my screen but the # button on my remote doesn't seem to register and so it doesn't take me to the link. I need to update my SVN for aMPed as i haven't in 2 weeks and both infoservice and Browse The Web are new betas so this probably isn't a skin problem.

EDIT: Got Browse The Web plugin working by changing "Confirm ULR" to the "OK" button on my remote. All is working as expected now.

I would like to see HTPC Info and netflicks plugin supported.

NEW DETAILS VIEW
    It is getting harder and harder to display all data on a 4x3 screen. Menus are longer, more data is available and there are several cases where I cannot fit both the Menu and data on the screen at the same time. This means that plots and other long description fields end up quite short in List Layouts. So, I am considering adding a Info Button for Details View. This means that in List Layouts you will press the right arrow key for any screen that has an aMPed Details view and as before the left arrow for Menu. Then you can have a much larger display for all the details.

What's your opinion? Should I do it?
    Dadeo

Adding a Info Button for Details View is a good idea i think.

Finally, if those who have tested latest SVN could let me know if they think a beta release is 'ready', I will post an installer version here in the forum for everyone to test. Or should I wait until the above new features are added?

Thanks for any input/feedback.
    Dadeo

Wait until the new features are added

Thanks for all your hard work Dadeo.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    RadioTime plugin works as expected haven't tried all font sizes though.

EDIT: Worldmap shows as incompatible in MP 1.2 beta. Also i noticed Burner & video editor are still in the system menu in basic home and are no longer supported in MP.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just discovered that when playing back recorded TV and using the info button on remote the total length of the program is not displayed, just the elapsed time. Tested it in default skin and it shows up fine. Problem is only on recorded TV playback and not videos.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It works fine here Reg :confused: - ah you said on IRC it works now after updating from SVN. Good!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    RadioTime plugin works as expected haven't tried all font sizes though.

EDIT: Worldmap shows as incompatible in MP 1.2 beta. Also i noticed Burner & video editor are still in the system menu in basic home and are no longer supported in MP.
    Hey TLD:
    There is a compatible version of Worldmap - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...map-plugin-v2-0-0-7rc-07-12-2010-worldmap.rar
    It does not have an installer yet.

You can find all the 1.2.0 compatible plugins listed in the Wiki: Plugin/Skin List for MP 1.2.0.0 Beta - MediaPortal Wiki

As for Buner and Video Editor - are you using a previous mod? Are you using Classic or revaMPed BH layout? In any case, I removed them both already from Classic and revaMped, but that will not update your mods for you. Migue keeps planning to figure out a way to do that. ;). I always forget to do my own and start wondering what is going on!

EDIT: I also removed Trailers as it has 'moved' to OnlineVideos - armandp has integrated the IMDB Trailers now with an auto search from other plugins. NICE!

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Thanks I have Worldmap working now, not quite sure what to do with "MyWorldMap.XmlSerializers.dll" file but it seems to work without replacing it, since i can't find the old one.

I'm using revaMPed BH layout, I uninstalled aMPed and did a search for aMPed files and folders with show all files and folders turned on and didn't find anything except the SVN did an update on the SVN and built a new installer file reinstalled aMPed and the Burner & video editor menu items are gone so there must have been something left over from a previous install. I do however still have a "Trailers" menu item in the video menu.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks I have Worldmap working now, not quite sure what to do with "MyWorldMap.XmlSerializers.dll" file but it seems to work without replacing it, since i can't find the old one.
    Mine is in \plugins\Windows along with MyWorldMap.dll and MyWorldMap.dll.config and seems to be happy there ;) I think it is a new addition for 1.2.0 beta and latest release because I did not have it before in 1.1.x
    I'm using revaMPed BH layout, I uninstalled aMPed and did a search for aMPed files and folders with show all files and folders turned on and didn't find anything except the SVN did an update on the SVN and built a new installer file reinstalled aMPed and the Burner & video editor menu items are gone so there must have been something left over from a previous install. I do however still have a "Trailers" menu item in the video menu.
    Oops you're right, I had not committed the version with Trailers removed yet. Thanks for catching that, I did that now. I got distracted adding the new features, which is going well BTW.

aMPed Config keeps backup copies of everything in C:\ProgramData\aMPed (on Vista/7). That is why if you ever reinstall it you can choose to keep your previous settings, or restore defaults while in Config. Restoring Basic Home mods is normally a good thing, except when I make changes to it :p, which seems to happen every release.

What I usually do is use the Editor to recreate my mods and save them under the same name so they overwrite. Or, you can always use the delete option (on Layouts tab below the preview of the Basic Home Layout you have selected). Just select the layout/mod, and press delete and that mod will be removed from the backup in C:\ProgramData\aMPed. Then you can recreate it using Editor.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Question about the Moving Pictures Trailers button, is that something that has to be added to the skin so there is a button. I'm not seeing the button in aMPed or the default skin but i guess it's there if you have StreamedMP skin?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread