aMPed update for MediaPortal 1.2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Chuck, thanks for the feedback. First, please add the request for Rockstar to aMPed Issue Tracker. I took a look, but to be honest I think it has a ways to go. Does not seem to support any playback controls (like pause!) and many skin controls are hardcoded (hidden menu not supported, no proper facadeview control, image is hardcoded, etc) I am still trying to find a way to make it work for aMPed layout but it's not easy. There is no default skin for 4x3 ofc, so it might take a while to get anything decent looking in amped as I will have to come up with several workarounds.

TV Series
    1. most times... cast textbox overprints episode thumb in episode list view details.
      Oops, that was 'intended' sort of, it was an idea I had to display them like 'credits' and forgot that was still in there.
    2. when in series list view it shows no series cover when showing series details.
      Yep typo, fixed.
    3. if I go to episode list view and show episode details (shows season cover) and back out to Series list view, then there is duplicated description textbox overprint in series details. If current show is "Bones". for example, When I highlight a different show then go back to "Bones", and show details, the description is overprinted still. If I go to a different show and show details (which is correctly shown) and then back to "Bones", then the description is reset to only one copy in series details. I saw no problem in season list view.

Hmm for sure that sounds like a visibility issue but I have not been able to reproduce it yet. Could you give me the exact keystrokes? I assume you are in List Posters layout, in Series view. You don't have seasons for Bones? So you press enter on Series Bones and go to list of episodes. Then you press right arrow for Details of the Episode. Then you press Esc to go back to Series view. Have I got that right? When I do that I get the Series details overlaying the list (because TVSeries does not return focus to the facade/list) and I am trying to find a way to fix that. But I don't get your issue.

Once you get the overprint, if you press right arrow does that clear it up? When are you are in Episode view and you press left arrow to exit the Details view, then Esc to go back to Series, do you still get the issue?Can you post a screenshot for me? Might help me to identify the source of the issue since I can't reproduce it here yet. Thanks.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In Series List Poster layout. using keyboard.
    Using "Bones" as an example.

- right arrow to reveal details.
    - right (or left) arrow to return to list.
    - Enter to go to Season List Poster layout (no issues here)
    - Enter to go to Episode List layout
    - right arrow to reveal details
    - right (or left) button to return to list
    - Esc to return to Season List Poster layout (there was no issue with the details view here)
    - Esc to return to Series List Poster layout
    - right arroe to reveal details ... double-printed description
    - right (or left) arrow to return to list
    - right arrow to reveal details ... double-printed description, still
    - right arrow to return to list
    - down arrow to next series
    - right arrow to reveal details (normal)
    - right arrow to return to list
    - up arrow to "Bones"
    - right arrow to reveal details (normal)

can be reproduced over and again.

screen cap attached below.

Chuck

Attachments

• 22-28-20.png
      22-28-20.png
      492.4 KB

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    I had to redo my tester PC and now the aMPed SVN crashes on launch... i ignore and try and then it locks up on "Caching Graphics" =(

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    many thanks Chuck, that was perfect. I think I managed to fix all three issues. In SVN now. Can you confirm?

The one issue I cannot seem to fix is if you don't press left/right arrow to exit Details View and just press Esc to return to Series view the details overlay the list :confused: It is not an issue in Season view, but there is something odd about the visibility/focus for Series lists. I know Damien is already working on some fixes for visibility in TVSeries so maybe that will clear up. If not I will ask him about it.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I had to redo my tester PC and now the aMPed SVN crashes on launch... i ignore and try and then it locks up on "Caching Graphics" =(
    OUCH, when you check the Cache (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache on Vista/7) does it cache anything? If so, can you tell me what gets cached? I mean how many files are in Cache and what is the size of the cache folder and the fonts subfolder?

Can you clear the cache and try again and post MediaPortal.log?

You can always catch me on IRC #amped channel as this one might need some back and forth!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    many thanks Chuck, that was perfect. I think I managed to fix all three issues. In SVN now. Can you confirm?

The one issue I cannot seem to fix is if you don't press left/right arrow to exit Details View and just press Esc to return to Series view the details overlay the list :confused: It is not an issue in Season view, but there is something odd about the visibility/focus for Series lists. I know Damien is already working on some fixes for visibility in TVSeries so maybe that will clear up. If not I will ask him about it.

The issues I reported are fixed ... :D

I did get the Esc from details view problem overlaying the prev. list... it happens to me in _both_ season and series screen if you Esc from the season screen while the overlay is visible on the list... it corrects in either screen if you right/left arrow.

Chuck

btw... did you check out my Default skin for Rockstar?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for testing and confirming Chuck.

About TV Series, yes I get the same issue if I Esc from Season view back to Series view, but not if I Esc from Episode view to Season view. Do you?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    I am on IRC... dont see u atm... Says u have not been on in three weeks. Too bad u dont have Skype =(

But no... it is NOT cachin anything... i did install StreamedMP and it is caching it just fine =(

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Thanks for testing and confirming Chuck.

About TV Series, yes I get the same issue if I Esc from Season view back to Series view, but not if I Esc from Episode view to Season view. Do you?

Yes.. it did for me. both Esc from details in Episode view, and from Season view

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Oh DUH! I clear out all my seasons as I watch them so I currently only have one Series with more than one season and it only has two seasons in it. So of course I did not notice the details overlaying the list because it was too short for anything to overlay it. I think I need a break :)

I am on IRC... dont see u atm... Says u have not been on in three weeks. Too bad u dont have Skype =(
    But no... it is NOT cachin anything... i did install StreamedMP and it is caching it just fine =(
    in #amped channel? :confused: I was there tonight, not on MP channel or I would never get anything done.

Are you running amped SVN as the skin? Or did you install the skin by creating a ampedxxxx.exe using build_installer.bat? Can you post the Mediaportal.log as soon as you try to load amped? Strange that it was working before. Did you update only the skin from SVN or the whole 3.3. branch because Migue made changes to aMPed Config as well and the new version will need to be installed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread