aMPed update for MediaPortal 1.2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    TLD: Currently I can only find the button on the StreamedMP skin, but I believe it will be soon added to all skins that are being maintained.

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It works fine here Reg :confused: - ah you said on IRC it works now after updating from SVN. Good!

Hate to tell you this, but ten minutes after I logged out of IRC that problem came back LOL and it keeps comming back Intermittently.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    AFAIK the Trailers button in streamedMP (1.6.6.2799) still goes to the Trailers plugin which is now defunct and has moved to Online Videos - IMDB Trailers - can you confirm that Lyfesaver? I already added the new button for IMDB Trailers to Videos in SVN and have added it to MovingPictures as well, but that is not in SVN yet.

Reg - inconsistent issues are the worst! Can you try testing in Default Skin a few times to make sure it is not some setting in MP? I know you said it worked there, but if it is intermittent, I want to see if it occurs sometimes there as well. Is there anything you can observe about WHEN it occurs? Since I have not been able to reproduce that here any clues would be helpful. Thanks

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Trailers button should be in MovPics now too. In new MyFilms 5.0 you will be able to select either IMDB or ITunes trailers, or local trailers you may have downloaded.

Status Report
    The new features are all added to SVN now. Migue is just integrating them into aMPedConfig. I am using the time to try and slip in a few more new features :p but basically you will have separate options for:
    1. List Layouts - normal or wide, with or without fanart displaying (even in widescreen size)
    2. Cover Size - 'normal' with fanart/backdrops or Big Covers - can now be selected independent of which backdrop option you select. so if you want you can even have big covers on top of fanart (for the visual maniacs out there ;) )
    3. Details view - is already implemented in most screens that have long text fields - so you now press right arrow for details, and left for menus in list layouts (details already display in Icons and Filmstrip views, and on back of Coverflow cards.)
    4. More Menu options -now that Details view is separate from menus, I have started to add more options to menus, especially to 'hyperlink' to other related windows/plugins to make navigation much faster/easier.
    5. Navigation of Menus - when viewing a Menu you can press either left or right arrow to get back to the list or other layout you use. So you don't have to remember which key to press.
    I have already added new splashscreens, new image borders and a ton of other subtle improvements. You can see all the issues for 3.3 so far on the Issue Tracker.

TIP: Fanart Handler performance is much improved in ver 2.2.5.505. I highly recommend using fanart backdrops on Basic Home rather than the default mutliimage backdrops. I would change the default, but not all users have fanart or Fanart Handler installed. Besides, it is really easy to edit the backdrop options in the Basic Home Editor.

So what's next? Well I have already started working on more layout options for different layouts as well as in specific windows like Moving Pictures, TV Series etc. After that I will begin working on the Theme Editor.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    ...looking forward to seeing the new HYPERsupermega-aMPed !!!

- Chuck

Have you started on getting "Rockstar" skinned for 3.3?

I have an xml (with some screen snaps) posted that might be helpful, here. It is a Default skin mod with Maya graphics.

I don't know if I'm up to speed on aMped 3.3 to be able to skin it myself, but I'd like to see it supported.

:D

Chuck

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Sorry, I couldn't wait...... :D

3 small issues with TV Series. From todays SVN (if you haven't already fixed them)

- most times... cast textbox overprints episode thumb in episode list view details.

- when in series list view it shows no series cover when showing series details.

- if I go to episode list view and show episode details (shows season cover) and back out to Series list view, then there is duplicated description textbox overprint in series details. If current show is "Bones". for example, When I highlight a different show then go back to "Bones", and show details, the description is overprinted still. If I go to a different show and show details (which is correctly shown) and then back to "Bones", then the description is reset to only one copy in series details. I saw no problem in season list view.

Chuck

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I nearly forgot ... the rockstar xml for the default skin is here.

hope it is helpful. The default skin doesn't have the hidden NowPlaying screen like the other one does.

Chuck

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread