Android remote? (2 Viewers)

dnlar

Portal Member
March 11, 2009
Kävlinge
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

Is anyone working on a Mediaportal equivalent to the existing XBMC Remote app for Android?

/Daniel

J

joostzilla

Hi,

Is anyone working on a Mediaportal equivalent to the existing XBMC Remote app for Android?

/Daniel

Both iphone/ipod touch and android remote control should be great to have. Especially for the music part. ()I hate to have my tv on just for playing music)
Installation should be as easy as on xbmc. The existing ipimp is way to complicated for average users imho.

I really hope someone will step up and take this task upon him :D

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I am working on that (a process plugin which takes commands via tcp and a matching iPhone app). I already had someone who was interested in doing an Android app with this.
    The current status: the basics are working here (connect to server, control the basic features) but I will need some more time to figure out how to make it work best for everyone.

Regards,
    Shukuyen.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i have read a post that there is also app for android phone that emulates IR MCE remote, great if you already have MCE remote.

dnlar

Portal Member
    March 11, 2009
    Kävlinge
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for good news. I am hoping very much for the possibility of 2-way communication, so that you can browse music tracks / radio stations on the phone without having to waste projector lamp life and warmup time for audio purposes. I already have a couple MCE remotes, so just 1-way comm wouldn't do it for me.

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wait a minute - great! That plugin would make it possible to use an iPod touch as a remote. Even better than the harmony 1100 since I won't need no IR receiver.
    Or do I misunderstand this plugins abilities?

@joost: Then I want a Maya skin for that app!

cedric

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2006
    Lausanne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Cool, can't wait to try it on my android phone (HTC Magic)

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Android remote?

tried this app called "myRemote" with my htc desire. works quite well so far, except the back button, which didn't react at all... so the navigation within the menus is kinda difficult once you make the wrong click^^

i dream of an easy to use app with an interface showing me the stored music with cover, an infoscreen showing the current playing song with additional infos like played time/total time...

i would use it mainly for the music part. recorded tv shows would be also nice to have, but why watch these on a little screen when sitting in front of your tv? ...

would be nice to just download via the android market and not to have to install any "complicated" things like you need for ipimp to work. this scarred me off a bit to try this one so far... need some more time on a future weekend...

edit: just saw pics and featurelist of the xbmc android app and it is just awesome. wish i had just any coding skills... :(

i have read a post that there is also app for android phone that emulates IR MCE remote, great if you already have MCE remote.

Users who are viewing this thread