Android: What is your experience? (2 Viewers)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hm ok, but couldn't one work around this with a dedicated Silverlight app, or will such an app need a webkit-browser to work?

cronqvist

Portal Member
    September 22, 2008
    Denmark
    I think iPimp is a briliant piece of work, but when it comes to remote control Mediaportal client I think it is way too slow. When turning the volume up ordown it does not always react instantly and sometimes it doesnt at all. Or when changing to the next song sometimes there is a long delay before the next song starts. I guess its because it has to go through a webserver instead of communicating directly with Mediaportal.

Also when beeing idle or away from the phone for some time, it is as if the "remote session" has expired, because I have to go back to iPimp homepage and then again enter the MediaPortal client and remote to get MediaPortal to respond to remote commands.

Buttomline is that the constant delays on commands beeing send to MediaPortal from iPimp remote makes me look for alternative remote apps for my Android phone (HTC Legend).

paulwillfixi

Portal Member
    June 15, 2009
    Home Country
    When I try to play a recorded program I get the error "Sorry this video can't be played."

I have just upgraded to the HTC Desire.

Is there something I am supposed to do to make it work?

(my missus is still on the iPhone and is loving iPimp!)

BeLLe

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2008
    I'm trying to get LiveTv to work but I get this error after I press the play button:

#EXTM3U
    #EXT-X-VERSION:1
    ## Created with mod_smooth_streaming(version=1.4.0)
    #EXT-X-STREAM-INF:pROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=320000,CODECS="mp4a.40.2,avc1.66.30",RESOLUTION=420x272
    SmoothStream-320k.m3u8

I tried both on my HTP Desire and with firefox. It's the same error in both. I'm completely new to iPimp but it looks great so I would love to get it to work

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Live TV does not work with Android as Android does not support live HTTP streaming yet.

It should work with Firefox (although Chrome is better). You need the iPiMP 5.0.1 patch, this adds an additional button which launches a Silverlight stream in your browser.

stenmark

June 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It shouldnt be a problem to repack the live TV stream into rtsp stream with VLC.
    I tried it on my setup, and if i start timeshifting with e.g. iPimp or use manual control in the TV server setup, i can transcode with the following line:
    Code:
    vlc rtsp://stenmark.homeip.net/stream2.0 :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=260,scale=0.25,acodec=mp4a,ab=64,channels=1}:rtp{dst=192.168.0.10,port=1234,sdp=rtsp://stenmark.homeip.net:8080/test.sdp}

rtsp://stenmark.homeip.net/stream2.0 will fetch the MP rtsp stream
    transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=260,scale=0.25,acodec=mp4a,ab=64,channels=1} transcode to a format that works for android. This setting works on my Xperia X10 mini.
    rtp{dst=192.168.0.10,port=1234,sdp=rtsp://stenmark.homeip.net:8080/test.sdp} Put the transcoded stream in a RTSP stream that is now acceible via rtsp://stenmark.homeip.net:8080/test.sdp in my android

Unfortunatelly i am rather useless in web programming so i cant incoroprate this into iPimp. But it would be nice if there was a 4th button on the watchstream page that starts the VLC process and links to the output RTSP stream. It shoudlnt be that difficult.

hegu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The Nexus one present does not work with my htc hero. Does anyone know what settings I should use?

dubbeld

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    I also wanted TV on my android, so I fixed it using VLC.

Index of /port/MP you can see the result here, it has a webinterface to select a channel, then VLC has to stream for 10 secs (which is faster then iPimp ;)).

There is only one problem. It uses the RTSP protocol, but VLC won't allow me to choose the ports on which audio and video will be streamed. You can only give a startport (like above: 1234) but each time you start a stream, this port will be upped by three. So you have to open NAT ports 1234 to 5000 or more... or use VPN or use it only local (Wifi).

If someone knows an answer to this problem, I can fix it and release MP HTTP-Stream. It can also stream your movies and music :).

device3.png

device2.png

Users who are viewing this thread