Android: What is your experience? (1 Viewer)

BeLLe

Portal Pro
August 13, 2008
Apologies for linking to a non-MP app or if this has been discussed elsewhere, but this Android Remote for XBMC looks very slick -
android-xbmcremote - Project Hosting on Google Code

Even shows incoming callers on the TV screen :)

Looks really really cool
And if live TV on the phone could be added in the future, it would be a killer MP plug-in

Control MP when you're home, Stream everything to your phone when you're away :eek:

montecristo

Portal Pro
May 29, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Apologies for linking to a non-MP app or if this has been discussed elsewhere, but this Android Remote for XBMC looks very slick -
android-xbmcremote - Project Hosting on Google Code

Even shows incoming callers on the TV screen :)

this app for XBMC looks very nice.
if we could have something similar for mp that works on one of those many android tablet pc's (ipad knock offs, see ebay) then that would be awesome. i really like the design of those tablets.
it would be nice if you can see the cd album covers and radio channels on the tablet, then i don't need to switch on the tv to listen some music. for me personally there is no need to be able to watch movies and tvshows on the tablet.

montecristo

Koenig

Portal Member
December 14, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
this app for XBMC looks very nice.
if we could have something similar for mp that works on one of those many android tablet pc's (ipad knock offs, see ebay) then that would be awesome. i really like the design of those tablets.
it would be nice if you can see the cd album covers and radio channels on the tablet, then i don't need to switch on the tv to listen some music. for me personally there is no need to be able to watch movies and tvshows on the tablet.

montecristo

+1

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    +1 tablet only needs to do music/radio and have a basic one way interface for navigating.... altho a tv guide might be usefull too.

stefan2009

Portal Member
    June 4, 2009

cry_wolf

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello

Any news on getting (better) android support regarding live streaming ?

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    I also wanted TV on my android, so I fixed it using VLC.

Index of /port/MP you can see the result here, it has a webinterface to select a channel, then VLC has to stream for 10 secs (which is faster then iPimp ;)).

There is only one problem. It uses the RTSP protocol, but VLC won't allow me to choose the ports on which audio and video will be streamed. You can only give a startport (like above: 1234) but each time you start a stream, this port will be upped by three. So you have to open NAT ports 1234 to 5000 or more... or use VPN or use it only local (Wifi).

If someone knows an answer to this problem, I can fix it and release MP HTTP-Stream. It can also stream your movies and music :).

device3.png

device2.png

did you find a solution to your problem or do you mind to share anyways? I did not find any way to properly stream tv to my samsung galaxy tab yet. . .

Users who are viewing this thread