[Rejected] Avoid psisdecd.dll message error (1 Viewer)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I don't know if it's intended.
    Caused by IPTV, on TV-Server Configuration start, I have this MessageBox.
    Even if the PC is with analog TVcard only.
    This patch fix it.
    Bye.

Attachments

• dll missing.JPG
      dll missing.JPG
      15.5 KB
    • SettingsForm.patch
      30.6 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Not sure if IP-TV is using those same libraries as DVB is. mikeyko, something that you should be able to tell us. I would guess that the same libraries are used (i.e. IP-TV is pretty similar to DVB broadcast on the stream level).

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Well, we can verify if IPTV use same libraries as DVB but maybe, faster could be mikeyko answer for that.
    If it's case then, it implies that because of IPTV, DVB patch will be required all the time, isn't it ?
    Then, why not integrate the DVB patch on standard MP install, finally. ;)
    Regards.

tontsa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    The problem with that DVB-patch is that MS doesn't allow us to distribute the hotfix files and it's not offered via windowsupdate or in service packs for XP.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi tontsa,

Happy to read you too.
    I thought MP run on MS OS because of .net, dx9 and so on.
    Therefore, I thought MP devs could do what they want, without MS grant but, may be am I wrong ?
    And the DVB patch doesn't destroy MS files, it propose to register files copied on C: root HDD.
    In fact, for having developped with lopez.tuparles a streaming IP solution (client side), I dont't see why DVB patch should be necessary.
    To integrate MP TV-Server treat, I suppose mickeyko emulate a new logical TV card type but, why should it be a DVB type ?
    By the way, this post was made only for alert MP devs of the problem, because MP 1.1 is alpha and, a test version only, that's all ;)
    Feel free to fix it.... or not....
    Have a good night.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    MS fixed the DVB issues for Windows MCE with their RU2 update
    They never released the fix for Windows XP
    and with ServicePack 3 they even revert the fix on WIndows MCE.

Thats why the message is there, and this is why the manual says that this fix is required on any OS older than Vista.

So removing that message is nothing we want to do. ;)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    MS fixed the DVB issues for Windows MCE with their RU2 update
    They never released the fix for Windows XP
    and with ServicePack 3 they even revert the fix on WIndows MCE.
    Yep, I read the post you made in the related thread. :)
    May be they found others problems with this fix, that's why they decided to finally remove it ? Don't know.

Thats why the message is there, and this is why the manual says that this fix is required on any OS older than Vista.
    Well, wiki said it was for DVB card only and, I found weird having this messagebox with analog card only.
    Of course, the message continued to be displayed, with DVB card.
    And, it seems my analog dual tuner PVR-500 works fine on MP 1.1 without the DVB fix too. :)

So removing that message is nothing we want to do. ;)
    OK, no problem, it's up to you.
    Btw, Thanks for explanation.

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Hi guys,

sorry for the delay, but our new born baby has little higher priority :D

IPTV should work without this DVB fix, I have no problem with applying framug's patch. If someone will create mantis for this, I will do it

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    sorry for the delay, but our new born baby has little higher priority :D
    Oooh FELICITATIONS !!! ==> I mean Wonderful, Marvellous, Congratulations to you and your wife.
    What a good news !! :)

Users who are viewing this thread