Can't start MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Doser_86

Portal Member
March 31, 2010
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hello.

Can anybody help me? I just can`t get in to MediaPortal with StreamedMP as the skin. If I open with default skin and then change to streamedmp within MediaPortal it works, but then i cant restart MediaPortal again

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: Streamed MP v1.7.5 Stable [20 Dec 2011] [Supports MP 1.2]

Hello.

Can anybody help me? I just can`t get in to MediaPortal with StreamedMP as the skin. If I open with default skin and then change to streamedmp within MediaPortal it works, but then i cant restart MediaPortal again

Will need to check you logs that are generated after a failed startup - how to generate and post for these skin/plugin developers can be found here

Log Files - MediaPortal Wiki

thx

Doser_86

Portal Member
March 31, 2010
Home Country
Norway Norway
Merry christmas!

I tried a system recovery that failed. The problems just kept on coming.
If I get my computer to start again i can post a new log file.

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    i have the exact problem as doser. precisely the same to the dot

i even unistalled mediaportal and streamedmp and still nothing. :(

im attaching 2 sets of logs dont know if this will help

cheers everyone even tho for this little setback merry xmas and god bless everyone and your families.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i have the exact problem as doser. precisely the same to the dot

i even unistalled mediaportal and streamedmp and still nothing. :(

im attaching 2 sets of logs dont know if this will help

cheers everyone even tho for this little setback merry xmas and god bless everyone and your families.

Hi,

Both these logs show issues with GFX card, out of memory on one and loss of the whoile device on the 2nd, you using a laptop?

thx

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    nope its a desktop pc i noticed as well the errors regarding the 3d

weird thing is until the update i was using 1.2.1 and streamedmp just fine o.o

i mean if it was a 3d problem wouldn't the previous version not be working as well?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Only thing I can suggest is upgrade video card drivers and ensure you have DirectX installed (perhaps re-install for good measure).

Also try a reboot before the above.

papas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Nicosia
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    yeah i updates the gfx drivers and it works now

bummer tho my tvseries and moving pictures database got al f*#&$#&$&#*@( up

oh well at least it works those can be fixed heheh

thx for the help