Change default "view" from shares to defined view? (1 Viewer)

timofcourse

Portal Pro
March 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there anyway to change My Music to load one of my views by default (i.e. Artists) vs loading the Shares "view" as it does by default now?

Thanks!

timofcourse

Portal Pro
March 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Did you have to change a setting to enable that behavior? I always use Artist view and every time I go back into My Music, it always defaults to Shares.

Thanks.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, I never changed anything. Hmm, this info is written to the Installed dir in the MediaPortal.xml (I think, just the result of a quick scan.) I have an entry called <entry name="startview">133</entry>
    which I think is the starting view (it is in the section <section name="music">). Maybe try that (the 133 is a localized string for the view you want to use. 133 is Artist, so it should be OK for you).

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    indeed also when switching to plugins and back like my lyrics, very annoying

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I would also like music to start in "Artists" instead of "Shares". I don't want "as last viewed", I want the "root" view of the "Artists" list. how can I get this?

P.S.
    Actually, right now I would prefer to start in the root of "Shares", but since SVN 16263, it starts in last view, even when I have deselected all save and resume options in Music (see attached).
    What I would really like is an option to specify which view to start in, if the save & resume options are disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Can anyone help with this?
    Can anyone help with this?
    Hi, How do I create a music view in the MP1 configuration tool music views section to list all my song tracks under a heading of...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    Good you solved it. It’s indeed really strange as xaml always uses „.“ as decimal separator. There are also several other code lines in same file and other files, where the dot seems to make no trouble. It’s unclear why only this line causes issues. I tried again as in your video and no issue here :confused:
    Good you solved it. It’s indeed really strange as xaml always uses „.“ as decimal separator. There are also several other code...
    Description: Nereus skin does not show new/reworked view mode selection screen, instead it falls back to old/default screen. As a...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom