Detecting one season but not another (1 Viewer)

Darrin2101

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Tampa
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can anyone explain why it will detect
Doctor Who s10e01 The Three Doctors.avi but not
Doctor Who s21e06 The Caves of Androzani.avi
both of which are in the same folder
:D

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hi, sorry to take so long, I must have missed your message.

The problem lies in the default regex expressions, which assume season numbers don't go that high.

If you change the following expression:
    Code:
    ^.*?\\?(?<series>[^\\$]+?)(?:s(?<season>[0-1]?\d)e(?<episode>\d\d)|(?<season>(?:[0-1]\d|(?<!\d)\d))x?(?<episode>\d\d))(?!\d)(?:[ .-]?(?:(?<episode2>\d\d(?!\d))|E(?<episode2>\d\d)|(?:\d\d|(?<!\d)\d)x?(?<episode2>\d{2}(?!\d)))|)[ -.]*(?<title>[^\\]*?(?<HR>HR\.)?[^\\]*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

to

Code:
    ^.*?\\?(?<series>[^\\$]+?)(?:s(?<season>[0-3]?\d)e(?<episode>\d\d)|(?<season>(?:[0-1]\d|(?<!\d)\d))x?(?<episode>\d\d))(?!\d)(?:[ .-]?(?:(?<episode2>\d\d(?!\d))|E(?<episode2>\d\d)|(?:\d\d|(?<!\d)\d)x?(?<episode2>\d{2}(?!\d)))|)[ -.]*(?<title>[^\\]*?(?<HR>HR\.)?[^\\]*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

Let me explain the change. The default expression assumes only season numbers from 0 - 19 are valid, as most shows do not have more seasons. This helps a bit to limit false positives. However with the above change, you tell it that season numbers from 0 - 39 are ok.

"[0-1]?\d" means look for a single or double digit number, where (if double digit) the first number can have values between 0 and 1. (note the \d is the same as writing [0-9] and the ? after [0-1] means it doesnt have to exist, but if it does, limit to the before mentioned). If you change that to 3, it will accept numbers between 0 and 3 (in your case 2 would also work).

Note I do not recommend changing the second season capture group in this regex (the one that looks for eg. 1101 as season 11 episode 01) because alot of things will have a year in its name, such as specials (2006, etc) so you might get a high number of false positives.

Hope this helps.
    Inker

Edit: there is another regex in by default which has this limit, but you can change it if needed in the exact same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Dropping Episodes DE
    Hello everyone, I have the same problem on some series, the last one I found is Law and Order (New York Police judiciaire in French), season 20 only displays the first 3 episodes, I couldn't find any difference in the file names between these first 3 episodes and the following ones except for the episode number of course. By going...
    Hello everyone, I have the same problem on some series, the last one I found is Law and Order (New York Police judiciaire in...
    Hi all, this seems to be a bit of a follow up on an issue I was having a couple of years ago. That issue just seemed to resolve...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 IPTV in New Zealand DE
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url. I have one like that and it works pretty ok
    I would love to get IPTV working on my Mediaportal. I have the TV server and three clients working great, but a recent power supply...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom