EPG No Data (1 Viewer)

Dave Bootsma

June 22, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I did the quick setup and everything works fine except the guide shows no program data next to each channel what did I do wrong

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I did the quick setup and everything works fine except the guide shows no program data next to each channel
    In other parts of the world, the TV datastream contains within it a 7-day EPG that MP can decode and display. Unfortunately, the USA is backward, and its broadcast TV does not contain an EPG. This means that you need to do extra work to obtain an EPG. This will be an EPG that you download from the internet.

You need to obtain the EPG in the form of an XML file that has a structure that MP can understand. There is a plugin for "TV Server" called "XmlTv" that will load the EPG into MP. But you will have to set up some other process to do the downloading. XmlTv is described here in the Wiki.

Some users use the "Schedules Direct" EPG, but this is not free (around $25 per year, I think). If you want a free EPG, you will need to hunt around for one. There is another plugin for "Schedules Direct", which you can download from this post.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    EPG-Buddy offers a good, fast and rich EPG for free. It's based on TVGuide.com where you can register for free...
    The first time it is a bit of work to have the EPG configured but once done it's "fire and forget"...
    A link can be found in my signature.
    By the way, EPG-Buddy also has a really fast and rich EPG for the UK and Ireland too. ;) Indeed there is a fast EPG for most European countries, the whole of northern America (USA, Canada, Mexico), the Caribbean and a basis set for Africa. Mainly Asia and southern America still is missing and needs to be served by WebGrab (very slow but available nearly worldwide, nevertheless included in EPG-Buddy to have a complete package)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a single setup that will suit everyone. This page in the Wiki explains some of the factors involved. The timeshift and idle grabbers can both be enabled if you wish, but the optimum settings for the timeshift...
    The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a...
    Since the BBC integrated their regional programs into their BBC One HD channel in the last couple of weeks my MP2 shows "No program...
    Replies
    Views
    Here is the URL for BBC Radio 4 provided via TuneIn Desktop app. where it plays without problem and was found using the search function (bbc radio) but from the MP plugin "Search" it is not found, furthmore the remove from favourites option does not work for exisiting favourites although if deleted in the desktop app it is also no...
    Here is the URL for BBC Radio 4 provided via TuneIn Desktop app. where it plays without problem and was found using the search...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
    And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
    I just updated from 2.4. Update did not conserve my channels or epg plug-in or anything, looks like, which of course was a...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 MP2 Stopped powering down DE
    Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the screenshot below. Failing that you should check in Windows "Power Options" itself that everything is as it should be.
    Make sure the "Configure Windows Energy Saving" settings in MP2 have not changed >Settings/General/System, they should be as in the...
    Hi, MP2 (V:2.41.1) has been working fine for ages. I have the PowerScheduler set to power off after 10min, but now it doesn't...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom