FanartHandler as MusicInfoHandler replacement (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    It seems that the key I used has been removed, my account too (can not log in). Create a new account asks for money. Therefore, and does not work. :whistle:
    @zag2me Can you help with key?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Return individual Artist info using a known MusicBrainz_Artist_ID
    artist-mb.php?i={mb_artist_id} Patreon ONLY

Return individual Album info using a known MusicBrainz_Release-Group_ID
    album-mb.php?i={mb_release-group_id} Patreon ONLY

Patreon - TheDataDB is creating Open MetaData For All | Patreon - from 2$ to 100$ :cry:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    IMHO language specific (Music)Artist/Album Information should be an essential feature in HTPC-Software. Even my Handy-App Music Player does this very well...
    I agree, but where do you get a source of information that doesn't want money. :coffee:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    is there a chance to get this working with Media-Buddy (write Informations into Musicdatabase)
    As the music database is an ordinary SQLite DB (at least it was last time I've used MP1 long, long ago) it sure would be possible. But I don't see much sense in adding this to Media-Buddy. It would be much, much better to add a general ".nfo scrapper" to the music plugin (similar to the .nfo support in MyVideos and MovingPictures) so one can use the same metadata as Kodi, MP2,... This can be a "stand alone" tool or an addon for the music plugin. But better not as a module inside Media-Buddy as Media-Buddy is no MP- Addon but a helpful tool for every HTPC user, no matter which system (s)he is using. Those .nfo are "standardized" widely and they can be generated with Media-Buddy and other tools right now. Something similar would help TVSeries too to overcome the upcoming paywall for TVDB...

because Media-Buddy is able to scrape Artist/Album Information in different languages...
    Yes, it is able to do so. You can add your own API key to Media-Buddy or you can live with the limitations of the demo API key you can find on the TheAudioDB website...
    I think it could be possible to get a free not limited API key for the MediaPortal project, Especially if asked by some "Officials". Then MP should be transferred to mainly use TheAudioDB as music data source. Also TADB is not as filed as Musicbrainz it is rapidly growing and is easy to handle (opposite to Musicbrainz or Discogs). This easy handling is the main reason why Media-Buddy uses TADB as data source...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Also TADB is not as filed as Musicbrainz it is rapidly growing and is easy to handle (opposite to Musicbrainz or Discogs)
    To get information on an artist or album by its MBID, you need payment, and by name, not always accurately. :coffee:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    To get information on an artist or album by its MBID, you need payment
    Yes, this is one of the limitations of the Demo API key. For me it mostly works with the Demo key. The very few Artist/Album that did not work I could fix inside Media-Buddy's "Metadata Correction" module easily...

If the Media-Portal project talks to the folks on TABD it really could be possible to get a full API Key for MediaPortal. Then there are no longer any limitations. Maybe we could add a back link and/or TADB Logo to the Program and website as a "payment" for the API key... But this has to be done by the team (-leaders) with "official" mission and email, I think.

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    YES YES YES!!!!
    (y)(y)(y)
    @ajs you are the champ:D:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
    Thanks a lot!!!

Scraping artist/album when playing music (now playing) works!!!

Code:
    05-Jan-2021 18:02:28 Debug [  FanartHandlerSetup]: OnPlayBackStarted: Window: 510 MediaType: Music LastFM: False - \\HTPC-KARO\Musiksammlung\20_Gruppen\Radiohead\Pablo Honey\02 - Radiohead - Creep.mp3
    05-Jan-2021 18:02:40 Debug [     DatabaseManager]: --- Now Playing ---------------------
    05-Jan-2021 18:02:40  Info [     DatabaseManager]: --- NowPlaying --- Scrape for Artist(s): Radiohead Album: Pablo Honey Year: 2004 Genre: 00s|Alt. Rock
    05-Jan-2021 18:02:41 Debug [     DatabaseManager]: --- NowPlaying: Scrape starting for Artist: Radiohead Album: Pablo Honey
    05-Jan-2021 18:03:12 Debug [     DatabaseManager]: Artist: Radiohead images: 9 from: 3
    05-Jan-2021 18:03:12 Debug [     DatabaseManager]: Artist: Radiohead has already maximum number of images. Will not download anymore images for this artist.
    05-Jan-2021 18:03:12 Debug [             Scraper]: TheAudioDB: Trying to find Info for Artist (Info): Radiohead - a74b1b7f-71a5-4011-9441-d0b5e4122711.
    05-Jan-2021 18:03:13 Debug [             Scraper]: TheAudioDB: Info for Artist (Info): Radiohead - a74b1b7f-71a5-4011-9441-d0b5e4122711 found.
    05-Jan-2021 18:03:15 Debug [             Scraper]: TheAudioDB: Trying to find Info for Artist/Album (Info): Radiohead - Pablo Honey - cd76f76b-ff15-3784-a71d-4da3078a6851.
    05-Jan-2021 18:03:15 Debug [             Scraper]: TheAudioDB: Info for Artist/Album (Info): Radiohead - Pablo Honey - cd76f76b-ff15-3784-a71d-4da3078a6851 found.
    05-Jan-2021 18:03:16  Info [     DatabaseManager]: --- NowPlaying --- Scrape is done. Found. Artist(s): Radiohead|Radiohead|Radiohead| Album: Pablo Honey

Curious if and when it will start a fullscan as it is defined in FanartHandler setting :):coffee:

Code:
     <section name="MusicInfo">
        <entry name="GetArtistInfo">yes</entry>
        <entry name="GetAlbumInfo">yes</entry>
        <entry name="InfoLanguage">DE</entry>
        <entry name="FullScanInfo">yes</entry>

Users who are viewing this thread