Feature wishlist for MediaStream (1 Viewer)

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
May 28, 2006
Den Bosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
- I'd like to see the artist name and info clearly shown in the various music menu's.
I use the filmstrip view with the album art to browse my music, and in this view the artist name and album title are not displayed..

- Also the radio menu looks 'wrong' someway, the icons stay on the left and there is alot of free space everywhere.
I'd like to see a large radio logo and the name of the station bigger.

- Personally for me, I think the details view of the Moving Pictures plugin has too little of the fanart shown, are there mods for this screen to make the info more down and move the dark gradient down a bit?

I love the skin, great work!

RobinE

Portal Member
December 30, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Is it possible to make a 12 row TV guide? I like this option in the monochrome/indigo skin where you can choose between 8 or 12 rows.

Thanks for this great skin.

Yes, but I don't think the overlay of now playing can fit in the screen...personally I don't have more than 4 channels right now, so isn't really a big issue, but it should be relatively simple to change, you need to make the channel-container higher and move it up to make room on the screen.

I have changed the tvguide to 12 rows. I'm not a skinner so no guaranty! For my it works well. See attachments.

Attachments

• 12row_guide.jpg
    12row_guide.jpg
    83.5 KB

tebba

Portal Pro
November 8, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
A small thing, yet usefull feature.

But, i'd like to see a "Number of movies: XXX" in the top when you browse the Moving Picture window. Just to see how many movies you've got in the database. :) I guess it's pretty easy to implement:)

Edit: Loving it Raytestrak, thx ;)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'd like to see a modification in the mediastream.dll, making it possible to select custom backgrounds. My idea: place all the wallpapers the skin uses in \Media\Wallpapers and if you place a new .jpg or .png there, you can select it in the config applet with the drop down list. Don't know if it's possible though.

tebba, I've added the movie count for you. Hope it's to your liking.

Attachments

• movingpictures.xml
      30.6 KB

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'd like to see a modification in the mediastream.dll, making it possible to select custom backgrounds. My idea: place all the wallpapers the skin uses in \Media\Wallpapers and if you place a new .jpg or .png there, you can select it in the config applet with the drop down list. Don't know if it's possible though.

I changed the plugin to do this, will have to wait to compile until tonight. I'll release a new version with an explanation later :)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I changed the plugin to do this, will have to wait to compile until tonight. I'll release a new version with an explanation later :)

Thanks! Is there a skin update as well? Just asking, cause then I have to make a backup first. I've editted quite some xml files since v17.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Thanks! Is there a skin update as well? Just asking, cause then I have to make a backup first. I've editted quite some xml files since v17.

Not really, just the dll :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

A bit late at night, but would you be kind enough to test this new DLL out? You need to create a folder called "Wallpapers" in the "Media" folder as you suggested yourself :)

In this, you have to put your background-images that used to be directly in the "Media" folder. It shouldn't be neccesary to edit menu-items to keep your current configuration running as usual.

(fingers crossed!)

Attachments

• MediaStream.zip
      30.6 KB

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

A bit late at night, but would you be kind enough to test this new DLL out? You need to create a folder called "Wallpapers" in the "Media" folder as you suggested yourself :)

In this, you have to put your background-images that used to be directly in the "Media" folder. It shouldn't be neccesary to edit menu-items to keep your current configuration running as usual.

(fingers crossed!)

It's never too late to be fiddling with your htpc ;)
    It kinda works, and kinda doesn't.

It probably needs a skin update now, or users have to manually move the current wallpapers to the new wallpapers folder, since it only let's you select files from that folder. I placed a new .jpg in the folder and I can select that file. When I update and save, only the updated menu item shows a background, the rest stay black even if I don't update them. Moving the background images from the media folder to the wallpapers folder makes them appear again.

Edit: going to bed now, guess it is too late to be fiddling with my htpc ... will do some more testing again tomorrow of you need me to.

Edit2: With all the backgrounds moved to the wallpapers folder, it works like a charm. Didn't have to update my other menu items, guess it just looks in the wallpapers folder and ignores the media folder. I think this is fine actually, now you have a clear view of what's what. The only downside is that the plugin xml files look for the backgrounds in the media folder, so either you copy them to wallpapers folder, resulting in a double set of wallpapers, or edit the xml files to point to wallpapers/background.png.

Users who are viewing this thread