Feedback on 1.2 music changes (1 Viewer)

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Feedback on 1.2 music changes

Tested your latest version and it works as you said. Thanks. The only thing that's not workin is queue item and queue all items. when i press one of them nothing happens.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Feedback on 1.2 music changes

Tested your latest version and it works as you said. Thanks. The only thing that's not workin is queue item and queue all items. when i press one of them nothing happens.

Ohhh I am sure that is something I tested quite a lot last night....

Can you let me know what combination of setting you were using and I will attempt to debug this later tonight.

That said.... what are you expecting to happen when you click the queue options? This will queue up the highlighted items to play (it will not add them to the playlist if you turn the playlist is current option off). An add to playlist option should appear as well as the queue options if you have this option set as above)

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: Feedback on 1.2 music changes

Can you let me know what combination of setting you were using and I will attempt to debug this later tonight.

I've set it exactly as you said in your previous post.

That said.... what are you expecting to happen when you click the queue options? This will queue up the highlighted items to play (it will not add them to the playlist if you turn the playlist is current option off). An add to playlist option should appear as well as the queue options if you have this option set as above)

ok, now I know what should happen (or not). Add to playlist is quite enough for me and works as expected.

Another thing I've seen is that when you empty the playlist the music stops.

And last but not least I think that the new checkbox should be unticked by default so that the behaviour of mp 1.2 is the same as in older versions which will not confuse people anymore.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Feedback on 1.2 music changes

ok, now I know what should happen (or not). Add to playlist is quite enough for me and works as expected.
    OK if you say press enter on a track then the whole album will be queued up in the background as expected. The queue options allow you to say go into another album and queue this up after the current one has finished. I guess it is what is called "play last" in many players.

I think the queue item and add to playlist option should actually do the same thing in your case as long as you are playing a playlist. I will see if I can make this simpler to understand... (as I am confused just thinking about it)

Yes I noticed this last night and then forgot :oops: Will fix this.

And last but not least I think that the new checkbox should be unticked by default so that the behaviour of mp 1.2 is the same as in older versions which will not confuse people anymore.
    Quite possibly ;)

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Dear all

I've got some behaviour since a long time.
    After I cleared the playlist I'd like to search a song to add into the new list. Mostly this need a longer time.. :D
    However, it would be a pleasure to listening the 'old' song continued while I'am searching a new one.

Playing Music from the Playlist
    Clear Playlist
    Playing stops
    Search for new Tracks​

The 'Clear Playlist' haven't to stop the Live Music. Is there any option to climb the Playlist experience?

:D to all to bring the music section forward!

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yes I noticed this last night and then forgot :oops: Will fix this.

Do you have a new patch file with this fix?

Think of compiling a fresh SVN and would like to take the chance and do testing the new changes...

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

hehe, I've got read every 100 posts to be safe does I'm not write the issue a second time..
    It was to late...

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Skipping genre throws exception

Jameson_UK, thanks a lot for your improvements, which - together with starting plugins with a parameter will allow me to access music genres comfortably.

Here's what I did and what the logs show:

- I started mp using the default wide theme, then deleted all log files.
    - I accessed the music section and then the Acid Jazz view --> animated loading icon is shown which does not stop.

Here's the Acid Jazz view:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And attached are the logs.

Thanks for your time

G.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Re: Skipping genre throws exception

And attached are the logs.

Thanks for your time
    Can you please rename the existing windowsplugins.dll file. Then copy the two attached files into the same place.

Then use the Mediaportal Debug Mode option on the start menu to gather logs doing exactly as you have done here.

Thanks.

Attachments

• WindowPlugins.zip
      896.7 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

Do you have a new patch file with this fix?
    This is as is but it is not tested very well. I am hoping to go get time later in the week

Attachments

• music_1.2_v3.patch
      96.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread