hebrew (1 Viewer)

fungis

Portal Member
April 18, 2006
Hi
I think MediaPortal is one of the best HTPC software
Y Hebrew is not working on the new Version?

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    fungis, I am sorry to disappoint you, but after trying to get a serious answer for this question for over a year, I simply gave up. Most of other media center software support Hebrew perfectly. They are not as good as media portal, and they might cost some money, but unlike media portal, they can be used!
    See one of my attempts here

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MP is an open source program which depend on the community for further development. If there are not active developers who need, or understand how this feature should work, its a bit hard to put in.

What is the current state of affairs? According to the linked post, the letters themselves are displayed correctly, just left-to-right instead of right-to-left?

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Read what ziphnor is saying and then think about it. If you can get a developer friend that wants to develop software for an opensource project and knows C# then have him come over - he might have to go onto the IRC chat to talk with the core developers but the work he performs can be done and then incorporated later into the SVN source.

So the big push will be for you to find a new developer that can work on this project, not trying to convince one of the existing developers who have their tasks already set before them due to time. This project is supported and made possible by people spending their freetime to make it happen and only can be made greater by getting more developers involved!

Mike

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thank you ziphnor & Mike. I was expecting a serious answer for a long time, and this is the first time I get one.
    I do not know if I'll be able to do anything with it. I can just hope there is a programmer with time to spare reading this now.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Doron - Maybe as MP picks up steam and gathers more programmers it could be that a programmer who also would also like to have a Hebrew version and who wouldn't mind spending time working out a solution for you guys. I wish I knew how to give you a suggestion as to how-to solicit help in finding such a person - but I don't. My best to you.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread