[Help] First unwatched episode is not auto-selected (1 Viewer)

zpower

Portal Pro
November 27, 2007
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hi there,

Need help.
When i add a new episode dont sort correctly.
e.g. yesterday i saw episode 4 of something and when i add a new episode on list instead go to next episode go to the first.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Without debug-log files that capture the problem as you recreate it, it is all a guessing game.

So you have 3 watched episode, and 4th new one is added that shows unwatched and when you enter the series/season it does not auto highlight the 4th episode (as only unwatched one), but instead is stuck on episode 1?

zpower

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Without debug-log files that capture the problem as you recreate it, it is all a guessing game.

So you have 3 watched episode, and 4th new one is added that shows unwatched and when you enter the series/season it does not auto highlight the 4th episode (as only unwatched one), but instead is stuck on episode 1?

exactly!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    So what steps did you take to recreate the issue? Because I do not see in logs that you stepped into a series that has 3+ watched episodes and 1 unwatched and that focus remains on the 1st watched one.

zpower

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I didn´t resolve this problem yet :(
    The new episodes i add dont sort.
    For troubleshooting i delete database and create a new one but the problem persist.
    Add some screen shots and logs for somebody help me... i hope...

Attachments

• 1.png
      1.png
      1.6 MB
    • 2.png
      2.png
      1.7 MB
    • 3.png
      3.png
      1.6 MB
    • 4.png
      4.png
      292.5 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is not a sorting issue, its a selection issue ie. First unwatched episode is not auto-selected. The picture of configuration you added is only related on the behaviour when you press the play button from season/series view so changing that will have no affect.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    For what is worth this is a known issue, it happens on some systems for some reason, I have no idea why.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I run into it on rare occasions when the season covers more then 1 page of episodes (appears the OP has that same issue as I noticed "page 1/2").

It still works most of the time, and a simple exit back to season overview (or series on single season) and re-enter solves it. Most of the time I end up using the up-arrow to jump from first episode to last episode, as that is most of the time the unwatched one anyway and a quicker way then exit+re-enter.

@ltfearme, perhaps you can replicate it easier if you focus on shows with more then 1 page of episodes?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's how I have it most of the time ;)

The code that was written to handle this is overly complicated and needs to be re-written to make sense out of it. Unfortunately that won't happen anytime soon. Sorry :(

Users who are viewing this thread