Home screen during recording. (1 Viewer)

W

WaveyUK

What would be a nice feature working be the home screen to show what MP is currently recording. When my PC wakes up to record a program I would like it to show me what's currently be recorded.

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
WaveyUK said:
What would be a nice feature working be the home screen to show what MP is currently recording. When my PC wakes up to record a program I would like it to show me what's currently be recorded.

Hmm... the home screen would get a bit crowded once you have 2 or more cards recording at the same time...

You can always go to My TV - Recordings to see I guess.

Sam

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

this was already possible in earlier version of MP. I do not know why it has gone. It is only some sort of a skinning implementation.
    But samuel could be right, that it may be to much information in a multituner environment.

I personal would like to see a red spot, when MP is recording. :)

Flip.

W

WaveyUK

I was thinking more along the lines of maybe a scrolling message at the bottom of the menu screen... that way it could read something like "Card 1 (or whatever the friendly name of the card is) - Recording 'EastEnders'... Card 2 - Recording 'blah blah'... " etc.
    Perhaps it could also be configurable to the type of information you as an individual wants to display. For example, perhaps the time the recording started and the time it end etc.
    My main reason for thinking this would be a nice feature was that over the weekend, I finally got my PC to go into and come out of standby to record. But I couldn't remember for the life of me what I had scheduled, so a quick reminder on the main screen would of been nice!

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2005
    London, UK
    That sounds like a good idea. I'll see if I can add it to my LCD plugin that I'm writing. Then when the PC wakes up the LCD would display this information. Not sure if it's possible, but I can try...

W

WaveyUK

I guess it must be possible as MP must know what it's recording (probably by looking in the TV guide and seeing if a stream is being recorded I am guessing). That would be good for people with LCDs (I don't currently have one on the PC I am using) - hopefully the guys/someone will also try to implement something similar to this for those of us who don't have LCDs on the main menu (optional plug-in maybe so those who don't want to see that information don't have to?).
    D.

lugiber

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2004
    Sweden
    AllenConquest said:
    That sounds like a good idea. I'll see if I can add it to my LCD plugin that I'm writing. Then when the PC wakes up the LCD would display this information. Not sure if it's possible, but I can try...

Sounds cool! Can't wait for your plugin!

/Peter

Users who are viewing this thread