1.3.x How to extend basic home menu? (1 Viewer)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    Is there a way to extend the menu in the basic home?
    I'd like to have a play disk item within the video menu

BR
    Megahorst

thoath

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's a pity, I too would be very happy if there is an Basic-Home-editor for the default skin, because i find the skin really great.
    It would be enough, if the editor is able to configure the menus- and submenus-Links.
    Is an editor planned for the future?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    It would be enough, if the editor is able to configure the menus- and submenus-Links.
    Just changing the hyperlinks and the labels is no big deal. Should be possible to nearly everyone with a little PC knowledge. Wiki is a good way to start. Grab yourself Notepad and a copy!!!!!! of basichome.xml and there you go.

thoath

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    I tried to edit the menus- and submenus-Links. But without success. There are some places where I may edit. But I don't know, which of them I may edit. Also are there methods, which I don't know.
    Is there an manual or a tutorial, how I can edit a basic-home-menu.
    Ciao
    Thomas

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Strange ...
    Strange ...
    Updated MP client from 1.29 to 1.32. Kept Titan skin same as previously; very standard no Extended etc (afaik). The TV menu item...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 TV Context menu? DE
    My bad; somehow I posted in the wrong section. Have reposted here (and deleted this one to not spam section! :- ). o_O
    My bad; somehow I posted in the wrong section. Have reposted here (and deleted this one to not spam section! :- ). o_O
    Replies
    Views
    Will try to do so ;)
    Will try to do so ;)
    I'm customizing DefaultWideHD with larger text for my old eyes. I find that the name for the plugin "Moving Pictures" is too long...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's exactly what I am trying to solve. An example is moving from mytvrecordedtv.xml to mytvRecordedInfo. The variable changes from a screen grab thumbnail from the video file to a channel logo during...
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's...
    Good evening, I have a basic understanding of using skin.setstring and am able to set a skin property when a control gets focus...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom