How to make MovingPictures download more than one backdrop per movie? (1 Viewer)

zubovsergei

Portal Member
January 26, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
themoviedb.org usually has many backdrops per movie. How do you make the plugin download several backdrops per movie?

Thanks

Zubov

z3us

Portal Pro
December 4, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
how will you do that? The api of themoviedb only returns one backdrop picture

FoxForceFive

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Wow, I was coming on to suggest just this modification.

I love this plug-in, this & Tv-Series are absolutely excellent & set it apart from any other similar application.

Are there any plans to be able to 'cycle' covers & change fanart when in the MP GUI itself, in a similar fashion to TVseries? It's ok selecting them in the plug-in config, but sometimes hard to envisage what a certain cover & fanart will look like together.

BTW, just in case people dont know, you can manually download fanart & change the path in the plug-in config to change the default download to the fanart you want. It's a bit 'clunky' but if you're not happy with a particular backdrop right now then it's a solution.

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
i think you should now be able to just drop the fanart into the movie folder (if that is okay for you...) because of the new options since mp 0.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the media portal). I have now contacted the Sofabaton hotline. It should also work here like with the Harmony. Unfortunately, not all of the IR codes are correct. You can also learn commands here. But that doesn't...
Many thanks for the answer. So far I've used Logitech's Harmony hub. This allows you to control all components (including the...
I don't have a complicated A/V system - a Sony A8H TV, Yamaha receiver, and a HTPC on which I run most media through MediaPortal. I...
Replies
Views
I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of MakMKV on my HTPC. However I tried doing the same with the latest beta evaluation version of MakMKV on my Desktop PC, also MP 1.34 x64, but have not been able to get it working, "Unable to play copy...
I am still unable to get the 3D playback of inserted disks but otherwise eveything seems to be working well using a paid version of...
I don't know how many of you are aware of this, however, it may be that AnyDVD HD has finally come to an end. Their web site can no...
Replies
Views
Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all data including poster. Also the import speed is much faster + the local data are kept forever, even MP2 is removed. To overwrite only some movies you need to remove them once from the share, place an...
Please check the wiki. I never take online sources but perform offline imports. You can use external tools for that and change all...
Hi, I'm new here but have been gradually getting my head around setting everything up but one simple task is throwing me off - how...
Replies
Views
So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom