How to play srt subtitles with mkv files. (1 Viewer)

x4t1c

December 4, 2007
Here
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
Ok guys, im new here but i think i have a good workaround for this.

I dont have installed any codec packs, just few major (AC3 filter, Matroska splitter, VSfilter..) and my workaround to get .srt subtitles working for the mkv files is following.

Open media portal configuration go to Movies>Movies Post Processing

In available filters find DirectVobSub and double click it. It will be visible in the upper window. Check the checkbox by its name if its not checked.
Now when you run media portal and mkv movie for which you have subtitle it will be able to load it (its not doing it automatically though). So far everything worked fine.

One note tho. When i used DirectVobSub (autoloading version) some movie files (microsoft wmv for example) didnt wanted to start anymore, but other version worked fine.

I hope this was usefull to someone, that is how i watch mkv with subtitles with Media Portal.

Keep it up guys, Awesome HTPC app :)

x4

Cruzer

Portal Pro
February 16, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I hope this was usefull to someone, that is how i watch mkv with subtitles with Media Portal.
x4

This was useful to me! I turned on the DirectVobSub (autoloading version) and all is well for me (except for the subtitle being listed as Undetermined instead of the language). I only have mkvs and isos.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Once I get back home, I'll try that. Thanks!
Once I get back home, I'll try that. Thanks!
My mini computer HTPC was doing a fine job running mediaportal, but the internal fan is starting to get very loud. I'd like to...
Replies
Views
@CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
@CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
Replies
Views
I spoke too soon. Still doing it. Get only a featureless grey screen until I reboot the machine, then the DVD plays, so still faulty
I spoke too soon. Still doing it. Get only a featureless grey screen until I reboot the machine, then the DVD plays, so still faulty
I'm running Mediaportal 1.33 on Windows 11 Home 23H2. If I try to play a DVD after watching TV or movies, all I get is a grey...
Replies
Views
Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the MePo configuration utility. I also downloaded the X86 BDReader plugin that you posted. Renamed the existing files in the MePo folder, and copied the updated files to the MePo folder. For the most part...
Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the...
I'm not sure that this works on 32-bit, but if I try to play a 4K UHD Blu-ray (Using makeMKV, modified firmware, and AnyDVD HD) the...
Replies
Views
I've done a few MP1 installs in the past and haven't had a problem, so I didn't expect one today. I just purchased a mini PC with Win11 installed. I downloaded and tried installing Mediaportal 1. I chose single click standard installation with no TV. It started working on things and I wasn't paying terribly close attention, but...
I've done a few MP1 installs in the past and haven't had a problem, so I didn't expect one today. I just purchased a mini PC with...
I've done a few MP1 installs in the past and haven't had a problem, so I didn't expect one today. I just purchased a mini PC with...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom