How to start Chrome or other programs (2 Viewers)

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
France France
Country flag
I also have the same needs, but no solution: I would like to launch molotov.tv from the TV menu of mediaportal. Is this possible? Thanks!

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Finally, is it possible to launch a program from MediaPortal?
    I'm a brandnew user of Spotify (I pay for it) and I think it would be interesting to launch it from inside MP.
    (multishortcut or addon...)
    The Multishortcut plugin (v 2.7) is working for me MP 1.24 and Win 10 Pro x64 (1909), I recently installed it and got it working.:)
    The only issue I found is that during the "install" you must run the DLLFix.exe program "as administrator" it is not sufficient to run it in an Admin account, failure to do so will result in any additional copies of the shortcut .xml you have made all appearing in the MP config progam with the same name etc.
    I also have the same needs, but no solution: I would like to launch molotov.tv from the TV menu of mediaportal. Is this possible? Thanks!
    I don't think the Multishortcut program will do that for you (i.e. add a shortcut to the TV menu) but it may be possible to add it via a skin editor if it supports the plugin.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    da3dsoul MP2 Plugin - Getting Started (Directory Tree and Player) Plugin Development 27
    BrownGhost Mepo/MediaInfo takes 59 secunds to open library and start play :o( General Support 26
    D Getting Started General Support 30
    horned_reaper [Music] 5012: Start current music track from the beginning Improvement Suggestions 37
    T [solved] Green Button start MP not working....but box ticked in config. General Support 1
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    vvulture UNKNOWN ERROR when starting live TV General Support 6
    ajs Trakt error when start with MP crash Trakt 1
    F Recording starts at second time only MediaPortal 1 Talk 6
    tano_grasa Movie cover not showing when starting a movie aMPed 0
    ajs [solved] 4982: Why this error hard stop when Mediaportal start? MediaPortal 1 3
    joecrow AMD Radeon Settings app. won't start after hibernation. General Support 0
    Icaro Close MP when the external player is started General Support 13
    M MP1 stops responding after Starting Plugins General Support 14
    joecool70 Fehlermeldung Error invoking action "Start Timeshift" Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 1
    P MP2 TV Server crashes when starting - throws error remoting exception General 2
    P [solved] MP2 fails to install: "Insufficient privileges to start services" General 11
    T MP bricht Videos und Serien beim Start ab. Allgemeines Supportforum 4
    D Enhance "wake on lan" feature (on demand, not on start) Feature Requests 6
    joecrow No Audio after MP Start/Resume from Sleep General Support 0
    R How to I get started with MP2? General 1
    squidina [solved] - MediaPortal 1.22 won't start even with new install General Support 4
    M App Icon starts Configuration Installation, configuration support 3
    O [solved] MP2.2.1 TV-Server Configuration wont start after initial installation General 10