iPimp - Issues with New Zealand recordings... (1 Viewer)

Edwood

Portal Pro
September 16, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
...and don't forget to be a team player, and post your command line when you get it all working sweetly :)

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well I've been using the following manual settings for a little while now...

-i "{0}" -t 1 -c 1 -o "{1}" -f mp4 -w 720 --loose-anamorphic --detelecine --decomb -e x264 -b 500 -r 29.97 -a 1 -E faac -6 auto -R 48 -B 160 -D 0.0 -x b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50 -v 1

File sizes are a lot smaller now which is great! An episode of Home and Away (for the GF!) is about 190mb now which is perfect for transferring to the phone for watching later. This is down from the original 3.2gb TS file.

Only issue is now I'm pretty sure that it's taking longer to transcode than with the standard settings. I've got a core 2 quad Q8400 and it's taking about an hour and a half to transcode said episode of home and away.

I'll switch it back to the standard iphone preset and see how long that takes to transcode.

UPDATE.... Looks like my custom settings were quicker???

With my custom settings....
    Show = Home and Away 29/Jul
    Length = 40 minutes
    Avg Bitrate = 12000kbps
    Frame Size = 1920x1080
    Original Size = 3.15GB
    Encode Bitrate = 500kbps
    Encode Size = 720x416
    Resulting Size = 190MB
    Time to transcode = 1.50 hours

Standard iPhone settings
    Show = Home and Away 30/Jul
    Length = 40 minutes
    Avg Bitrate = 12000kbps
    Frame Size = 1920x1080
    Original Size = 3.15GB
    Encode Bitrate = 645kbps
    Encode Size = 480x272
    Resulting Size = 227MB
    Time to transcode = 40 minutes

So looks like standard iPimp iPhone settings give me a slightly bigger file but in about half the time which is good I suppose..... However the files sizes are much smaller than they used to be with the same iPhone settings so maybe a HandBrake update has changed this?

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just looking at some of my resulting transcodes and some of them are still above 1000kbps which is way high for the iPhone I think.....

Will have to keep playing to see if I can get this constant so it is always 500kbps....

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    @Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add application and add following application: Now go to settings/plugins/launcher/application menu and link sleep to the e.g. "Menu 1" Now map in settings/input devices/action shortcuts the configured...
    @Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add...
    Dear forum, I am having an issue with Flirc connected to MP2. Most keys are working fine, but when pressing the OK button, I am...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom