MDAPI: Pros and Cons (1 Viewer)

mbb

Portal Pro
November 20, 2004
Home Country
France France
I am looking now for a long time for this kind of support in MP
(my goal is to use my legal subscription with 2 DVB-C cards in my HTPC with a phoenix card reader)

I read all threads about the subject on this forum and start to collect a lot of material on other sites.

The concept of softcsa.dll was neither the easiest nor the fastest manner to handle MDAPI support, but It solved the outlaw issue by do it outside of MP.
The other problem of this plugin is obviously the communication policy on this forum for some "border line" points.

A solution for this last issue is maybe to create a subject on another forum like http://www.dvbnetwork.com/

I would be happy to share all sources, ideas and some time to code (C/C++/C#)

I am not able to handle for myself this kind of project because my skill in low level dev is too short by I can help.

draktheas, when you will be ready we can discuss it by PM for more info.

mbb

Agarwal

Portal Member
January 29, 2006
I've been in communication with the devs here, regarding a solution I've implemented for MDAPI support. I must say that's it working nicely here ;) MediaPortal won't be in such a delicate position, as it won't do any real work regarding MDAPI by itself.

Anyway, the solution won't be officially supported by MP, so you won't get answers to questions related to that here. Questions about it probably won't be tolerated, either. We'll have to see if we can setup a little forum just for that, I'll see what I can do.

The solution is not 100% complete yet, so don't hold your breath. But stay tuned ;)

Agarwal

Portal Member
January 29, 2006
Still have some testing to do and I have yet to decide *how* I will package/release the filters, but it should be within 10 days.

draktheas

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2005
    Haven't seen any progress reported on this, so I thought I would ask. How goes it Agarwal?

Drak

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    The DVBN would probably be the place to release a plugin like this. I know there are some guys over there just waiting for a plugin like this. I am also wondering about the progress of this.... as well as Draktheas patch to correct the problems with North american sats. :)

draktheas

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2005
    Hmmm, another week and no update Argarwal? Is anything happening with this at all?

Drak

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    Hello Folks, Although the New MediaPortal Version 2.5 looks great so far, it seems that it still has major Bugs? I created a...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Decided to try installing x64 v1.33 after seeing this post. I had x86 1.32 installed. Installed x64 first without deleting the x86 version to check it was working. Then deleted x86 version. Then reinstalled x64 as it didn't like it. Anyway streamedMP is working perfectly for me.
    Decided to try installing x64 v1.33 after seeing this post. I had x86 1.32 installed. Installed x64 first without deleting the x86...
    Not for me... So, I've uninstalled MP (full cleanup), then I've installed MP x64 1.33 only. But, when I've tried to install...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom