MDAPI: Pros and Cons (1 Viewer)

draktheas

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2005
    Hey Agarwal, would it be possible for you to share the source code with me? I am almost to a point with the MPSA re-write, that I could test and debug this stuff.

Drak

cleao

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2005
    Évora, Portugal
    ..yes it was the best thing of MP! Almost all the other's suport it, but they are not so good as MP with all the bug's it already have, it may be the best off all when supporting MDxxxxxx. Many of the first users like me are waiting for MD suport to return to use and help developing it...

:roll:

Tibrisch

April 27, 2006
    I just want to join in on this thread. IMHO a solution for this MD*** "Problem" will be needed sooner or later for MP to keep up/ahead with other HTPC projects.

I dont know about other ppl but if i have a HTPC i want to be able to see the channels i Legaly have right to watch with my sub.card. Since im a paying customer to my Sat.Provider.

/Tibrisch

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i too would like to be able to legally watch the channels i subscribe to on DVB-T.

this is the only reason why i don't use MP 100% on my system. at the moment i have to use another app to watch LiveTV.

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Hi Agarwal,

where are you? :)
    Any news here?

I am really looking forward to the MD-API.

Eggert

cleao

Portal Pro
    March 2, 2005
    Évora, Portugal
    I'm using ALT-DVB because it have an built-in feature (software dec*ypt) like almost all the best DVB apps have, it's one of many features and if the user want's to use it, just have to join the softcam software of it's own responcability.
    The integration of this feature in MP i'ts not ilegal, because it's not what MP is for!!! The only thing that's not legal it's the software just for decript or the act itself of using!!
    So, let's compile MP with this feature (it will duplicate the users, without doubt), it even't need support; to make it the best peace of Home Theater Software.

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    TVE 3,5 as you noticed in my other Thread.
    Hello Folks, Although the New MediaPortal Version 2.5 looks great so far, it seems that it still has major Bugs? I created a...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Decided to try installing x64 v1.33 after seeing this post. I had x86 1.32 installed. Installed x64 first without deleting the x86 version to check it was working. Then deleted x86 version. Then reinstalled x64 as it didn't like it. Anyway streamedMP is working perfectly for me.
    Decided to try installing x64 v1.33 after seeing this post. I had x86 1.32 installed. Installed x64 first without deleting the x86...
    Not for me... So, I've uninstalled MP (full cleanup), then I've installed MP x64 1.33 only. But, when I've tried to install...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom