mediaportal fail me in windows vista (1 Viewer)

javie

Portal Member
December 30, 2008
thank you paranoid, but i change the host with:
127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

and in a days return to
::1 localhost

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you manually do a windows update and then run windows defender scan, see what happens then.

Check the host file is correct once done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 1.32 MP randomly crash DE
    @Pablik Thank you very much, I proceeded as described and will watch it again. I briefly tried the x64 version, but nothing was copied from my x86 installation. That was too much work for me in the short term. It would be great if the x64 setup took over the plugins including settings, skins and also TV server settings. Otherwise...
    @Pablik Thank you very much, I proceeded as described and will watch it again. I briefly tried the x64 version, but nothing was...
    Hi. Does anyone have a tip why MP keeps crashing? I found the following in the log:
    Replies
    Views
    hi team, this error seemed to literally start overnight - not as a result of any windows update or related. tried all the usual things TVGuide shows no data available in MP2 and after running TVSetup and telling WebEPG to grab now I am presented with the attached error screen - TvSetup then crashes out. I have run a repair on...
    hi team, this error seemed to literally start overnight - not as a result of any windows update or related. tried all the usual...
    hi team, this error seemed to literally start overnight - not as a result of any windows update or related. tried all the usual...
    Replies
    Views
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
    This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
    Replies
    Views
    It took a while but loading the three updates and waiting, (I wandered off doing other things), while the Win 7 searched for updates eventually brought about 170 available updates. I picked the latest, largest and Cumulative ones and everything burst into action enough to re-install MediaPortal 1.33 which is running very well. I let...
    It took a while but loading the three updates and waiting, (I wandered off doing other things), while the Win 7 searched for...
    Hi Running MP1 - 1.39 for long while, no issues. 10th April [same time as 2024-KB5037036 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework...
    Replies
    Views
    Concerning the HDHomerun Expand. This has 4 tuners, and is DVB-C It has, of course, latest software from Silicondust already installed, version name 20230713. BDA compatibility mode is set to MediaPortal. Advanced --- BDA driver set to InjectCVCT plus automatically select from tuners recommended.
    Concerning the HDHomerun Expand. This has 4 tuners, and is DVB-C It has, of course, latest software from Silicondust already...
    I have set up MP1 .34 on Win 11 Pro. I have a HDHomerun Expand DVB-C tuner, which I have used for about 10 years. Until about 2021...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom