Network folders (NAS) support? (1 Viewer)

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can not access my Music library on my NAS?! Ok, if I map the NAS-folder to a 'local' drive, but I would like native network support. Anyway, many thanks for developing this great tool :D

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well, there is support for it.
    The only problem is that i need Interop.Shell32.dll for it.

If i compile on Vista, which i do, it'll not work on XP.
    so i would need to build on XP to have it work on both systems.

i'll see what i can do. Maybe i'll do the release builds on a XP Virtual Machine.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    well, if i can build on XP, there's no need to have a second build.
    It's just a question of setting up a build environment now

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, i tried now.
    Works perfect on XP but doesn't on Vista.

It will take a while, before i find some time to debug the cod, so in the meantime, map your shares to a drive letter.

hanoota

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Instead of building too versions (for xp and vista) you could solve the problem with a plugin-system.
    so you can extend functions via plugins for different operating systems ;)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Well to have a plugin system just for handling this one different behaviour is a bit overhead.
    i'll try chasing down what happens on Vista, but haven't found time yet.

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I understand this will take some time, but just in support, I second the request to be able to access network drives.

VdR

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, now this really pisses me off, because I tried that yesterday and when I fired up MP and selected videos, it hung. I just tried it now and that appears to be working. (Networks. I hate networks.) Thanks.
    Ok, now this really pisses me off, because I tried that yesterday and when I fired up MP and selected videos, it hung. I just...
    I have an existing HTPC that I've been using for years. I'm replacing it with a new machine and I'm trying to get it configured...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 To NAS or not? DE
    What would the best alternative be if this doesn't work fluidly?
    What would the best alternative be if this doesn't work fluidly?
    Recently my main SSD on my HTPC died, taking away the main OS and MP along with it. How I was using it was to store the media...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4 New 2.4 install wont show video/tv DE
    Hi ge2301 I wasnt 100% clear above - when I said everything was now working other than displaying TV, I also meant that 'videos' still didnt play. But the client attached to the server OK and can do everything except play TV programs (and videos) - the screen with the player controls loads (and fade away as normal after 10s) just...
    Hi ge2301 I wasnt 100% clear above - when I said everything was now working other than displaying TV, I also meant that 'videos'...
    Hi i just upgraded my motherboard and drive and installed a replacement copy (server and client) of MP2.4. all works perfectly...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom