new version? (1 Viewer)

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Was wondering what versions of MP, 0.8 will be compatible with when it is released? I am currently on 1.0.1 and may downgrade to 1.0.0 as my onboard GPU struggles with 1080i content in versions 1.0.1 and beyond. However, Moving pictures is an essential app and 0.8 sounds to good to miss out on.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
We have not discussed it much internally, but most likely we will be supporting 1.0.2 and 1.1. I would be surprised if things didn't work on early versions but I think we will probably not review any bugs unless the bug reporter is on the latest stable of MediaPortal or The 1.1 Alpha.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
When there will be a new version?

Looking like a few weeks away right now. But our entire development team does this in our free time so it depends on how much free time we have.

Meridius

Portal Member
July 25, 2009
Hi there new to media portal and Mp and love it , the only problem so far after using it for 1 day is that you have to have all your films in 1 placea which i dont like as i have loads of fims and can take abit of time to find the one i want.

are you going to add a new feature to let you go by

Folders
ALL

as all would show the whole libary and folders would let you pick what folders to view eg I have all my movies in A to Z so if i wanted to watch a film say batman i would go to folder B and it would view all my B movies and if i wanted to view them all i can and it would add them all together like it does now.

will there besomthing like this in the next update as with normal video mode in blue skin you can view my own folders

thanks

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
snip.. my movies in A to Z so if i wanted to watch a film say batman i would go to folder B and it would view all my B movies and if i wanted to view them all i can and it would add them all together like it does now.

you could start using the remote filtering function. Enable it in the configuration. You can then use the numpad on your remote and or keyboard to start using it.
Look here to find more answers: Remote Control Filter - Moving Pictures
And, as far as different locations go for your collection, you can also specify multiple watched folder locations.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
There are a few threads about it but filtering and categories will be available in 0.8 Meridius.

Patric73

May 28, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
I very much wait the new version. Especially a filtration on genres. On how many percent the program is ready?

Users who are viewing this thread