nz sites (1 Viewer)

bttmnz

Portal Member
February 26, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
the logs i promised after downloading but only playing part of the whole program

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    They both suffer from "No URL" syndrome.
    Log has a few that don't work from both TVNZ and TV3nz.
    Pretty sure the problems are with their sites, nothing you can do about it.
    Overall most stuff works, just an occasional "No URL".

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I mentioned a program missing the last minute after downloading. This is not a problem with these sites but an overall problem with ONLINE VIDEOS.
    It happens quite often to files from all sites.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    They both suffer from "No URL" syndrome.
    Log has a few that don't work from both TVNZ and TV3nz.
    Pretty sure the problems are with their sites, nothing you can do about it.
    Overall most stuff works, just an occasional "No URL".
    In this case you have wrong url. It's mixed HTTP and RTMP url and filter doesn't what to do. You should use HttpUrl class for HTTP url and RtmpUrl class for RTMP url.

I mentioned a program missing the last minute after downloading. This is not a problem with these sites but an overall problem with ONLINE VIDEOS.
    It happens quite often to files from all sites.
    It's known and fixed problem. Download new version of MP Url Source Filter or wait for new OV version.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, I updated TV3NZ a bit, but I can't promise anything... I wasn't able to play any videos in my browser either (even with digidog's vpn), so I'm not sure what to do next.

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It plays in the browser just fine using the URL from the log file.
    There doesn't seem to be a logical reason or solution for this, so people will just have to use a browser on the odd files that refuse to play.

markhoney

July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I'm having. I'm the author of the XBMC plugin for New Zealand OnDemand services, and I'm having problems with TVNZ's new BrightCove RTMP URLs. Does anyone know which values to use for PlayerID, PublisherID, etc when making amf requests to brightcove?

Any help would be much appreciated, and I'd be more than happy to help you guys if any of my work can be used in MediaPortal. My plugin currently works for TV3, TVNZ (only HTTP URLs at the moment), Ziln and NZOnScreen - as well as Shine and Parliament TV live streams.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    At last, someone from NewZealand! You're more than welcome to join in!
    Currently, I'm the developer for some newzealand sites, but it is very hard to maintain, because of the geo-restrictions, and a lack of a good VPN.
    Also I'm responsible for the brightcove util.

Most of the time, those id's are found in the html, and if not, they are hardcoded in the flashplayer.

If you check your traffic with fiddler2, those values are easily found, and if you're having trouble, you can PM me with a .saz (fiddler archive) so I can take a look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread