OnlineVideos playback really slow to buffer (1 Viewer)

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Buffering is so bad that I changed the value from 2% to 10% but then playback gets stuck and locks up computer.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    If you have not already done so try unchecking the setting shown in the screenshot below. For a long while I got stutter on several different Live TV urls until disabling the MPUrlSourceSplitter in favour of LAV became available with this setting.
    ov-1.jpg

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you have not already done so try unchecking the setting shown in the screenshot below. For a long while I got stutter on several different Live TV urls until disabling the MPUrlSourceSplitter in favour of LAV became available with this setting.
    View attachment 213908
    This has solved the buffer issue for YouTube but has the video stutter for TMDb in Trailers plugin.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This has solved the buffer issue for YouTube but has the video stutter for TMDb in Trailers plugin
    To the best of my knowledge that setting is only applied to the use of the MPUrlSourceSplitter when using the Online Videos plugin.
    Are you saying the problem with the Trailers plugin has happened since changing that setting or has it always been there, the Trailers problem that is?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    just did a small test and youtube's protection hasn't changed.
    And seeing that switching to LAV solved it, the issue should be something else...
    About IMDB, are you refering to the IMDB site in onlinevideos or indeed the Trailers plugin?

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    To the best of my knowledge that setting is only applied to the use of the MPUrlSourceSplitter when using the Online Videos plugin.
    Are you saying the problem with the Trailers plugin has happened since changing that setting or has it always been there, the Trailers problem that is?
    Trailers uses OnlineVideos to view YouTube trailers.
    The buffer issue is fixed for both YouTube and TMDb in Trailers when disabling MPUrlSourceSplitter in OnlineVideos.
    The video jitters only occurs for YouTube and TMDb in Trailers when I disable MPUrlSourceSplitter in OnlineVideos.

Last edited:

budinsky

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 12, 2009
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    just did a small test and youtube's protection hasn't changed.
    And seeing that switching to LAV solved it, the issue should be something else...
    About IMDB, are you refering to the IMDB site in onlinevideos or indeed the Trailers plugin?
    I agree.
    Buffer fixed with that change yes. It is something else to do with the playback as the buffer is 100%.
    I meant TMDb, not IMDB. Not sure but when I changed the MPUrlSourceSplitter setting in OnlineVideos the buffer for TBDb was fixed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread