[Bug] Pictures Showing EXIF Details hangs MP [Mantis #4465] (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    By opening a pic in FullScreen and then show the EXIF details?
    MP hangs and lead to an exception.

Installer for testing the fix : http://tinyurl.com/ozzlfp7

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep thanks Mark,

We can test can in both mode (properties on a picture or when watching picture in fullscreen -> F9 -> properties) without the fix, it should failed.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep thanks Mark,

We can test can in both mode (properties on a picture or when watching picture in fullscreen -> F9 -> properties) without the fix, it should failed.

Tested with current master. Fails. Tested with Mike's version of the fix (this is the one in GIT, right?), works.

Really need @mbuzina on this one, since he is the only one reporting that Mike's fix doesn't work.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep this is the one in GIT :)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    So only @mbuzina has reported that this doesn't fix the issue. Please can you test again? I am 100% certain that this fixes the problem for me, and presumably @jameson_uk and @Sebastiii also see the problem fixed.

We proved what the issue was but there is potentially a bigger underlying issue in the way dialogs are now being shown (or not shown as the case may be...)

Still need @Scythe42 to comment as I think there are possibly more dialogs that could be broken and the way dialogs are called can dictate whether they work or not. The original (?) thread has the details but is is about allocating resources

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    So only @mbuzina has reported that this doesn't fix the issue. Please can you test again? I am 100% certain that this fixes the problem for me, and presumably @jameson_uk and @Sebastiii also see the problem fixed.

We proved what the issue was but there is potentially a bigger underlying issue in the way dialogs are now being shown (or not shown as the case may be...)

Still need @Scythe42 to comment as I think there are possibly more dialogs that could be broken and the way dialogs are called can dictate whether they work or not. The original (?) thread has the details but is is about allocating resources

I agree that we need to look into this a bit more. On the other hand, I haven't seen any other reports related to dialogs, and I haven't seen any issues in my own testing. Scythe doesn't seem to be around much at the moment, so perhaps we should consider committing this fix for 1.4.0, and then looking into the deeper issues for 1.5.0 ?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I agree that we need to look into this a bit more. On the other hand, I haven't seen any other reports related to dialogs, and I haven't seen any issues in my own testing. Scythe doesn't seem to be around much at the moment, so perhaps we should consider committing this fix for 1.4.0, and then looking into the deeper issues for 1.5.0 ?
    Being pragmatic yes but this could also affect plugins so there could be dialogs in any number of plugins that are broken. I guess as long as we test where we can (and I guess more people would have reported issues they were seeing).

There are so many places where dialogs are called that is nearly impossible to test them all...

Users who are viewing this thread