Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    Is this possible with Moving Pictures and the IMDB Scrapper like u can see in the following screenshot?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hello!
    Is this possible with Moving Pictures and the IMDB Scrapper like u can see in the following screenshot?

Yes, I already use it like that. You can even filter based on those popularity-vote numbers, like I got a 'Blockbuster' category that shows movies with "Popularity > 100,000".

The problem is that you need to wait for v1.0.5 (the upcoming stable release) to become available, as the fixes you need are:

Now you could compile your own version as the source code is available (I run v1.1.0:1109 myself), or be patient for a few more days (couple weeks at the most), as the developers are just putting on the final touches.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you for your quick reply. =)
    Sounds really cool! I think i can compile my own version with that files, gonna try it next week. Could you maybe post a screenshot from your MP so i can see what it looks like?
    Which skin are you using btw?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I'm using B3W, the default skin, which is the first skin to get support for new features, but many other skins are constantly updated to include support, you will just have to check this on the forum thread that is dedicated to the skin you use.

details.with.popularity.vote.jpg

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Okay, thank you so far. I'm using StreamedMP and try it to modify next week and report my experience here.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    StreamedMP already has support as well, just make sure to get their latest version.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The problem is that you need to wait for v1.0.5 (the upcoming stable release) to become available.
    This is actually not accurate. These changes RoChess is refering to are already implemented but they are in the Moving Pictures 1.1 code base. Basically this means they will not be included in 1.0.5 (also known as 1.0 Final). To give you a little insight into our development process, when we release the first version of a new major release, we split our code into two branches. The first branch is for bug fixes of the major release, and this is where 1.0.1-.1.0.4 has come from. The idea is to increase the stability of the software most users are using. The other "branch" of our code is meant for our next major release, and this is where enhancements to the program go.

So we have added support for popularity (for IMDb this translates into the number of votes) in both the skin and the filtering system, but because we considered this an enhancement, it was added to the Moving Pictures 1.1 "branch" of code. This will become a general release in a few months. As RoChess stated, for the impatient and technically savvy users, you could manually build the 1.1 branch of code yourself, but this is neither something we support or distribute.

:sorry:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    StreamedMP already has support as well, just make sure to get their latest version.

Got problems while compiling. :(
    Would you be so kind and send me the .dll? Or is this forbidden?

Edit:
    Furthermore I'd really like to know how this list view is possible? Spend hours and didnt make it.. I mean to display the starting letters A,B etc..
    (Pic attached)

lisview.jpg

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Holzi, you can enable grouping from the MovingPictures configuration in Advanced Settings.

Users who are viewing this thread