Setup help - USA EPG (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, is the xmltv.dtd file called xmltv.dtd.txt like the attachment? It also needs to be simply xmltv.dtd.

Cambridge

November 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Uzbekistan Uzbekistan
    Wow, I feel I'm sooo close to getting this thing to work. It appears that I was pointing to the wrong directory. So now we mapped the channels the channel guides come up, and I have most in yellow. And now when I went to the General tab and clicked import it came up with 139 channels imported...so that is good...checked the Import files in new tvguide.lst and clicked the Import again. closed TV Server Config and opened MediaPortal to see if the channels were imported and nothing! grrrrr Doesn't seem like it should be this difficult...any ideas?

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_339 Nov. 28 21.16.jpg
      ScreenHunter_339 Nov. 28 21.16.jpg
      73.8 KB
    • ScreenHunter_338 Nov. 28 21.16.jpg
      ScreenHunter_338 Nov. 28 21.16.jpg
      90.6 KB
    • ScreenHunter_340 Nov. 28 21.21.jpg
      ScreenHunter_340 Nov. 28 21.21.jpg
      177.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Wow, I feel I'm sooo close to getting this thing to work.
    You are! :)

So now we mapped the channels the channel guides come up, and I have most in yellow.
    Yellow means "partial match".
    The idea is that you would check/select the correct guide channel for each TV Server channel on the mapping tab. TV Server tries to assist you with this by mapping channels automatically where possible, but names don't always match so you will probably have to do some manual fixups. After setting all the mappings correctly, be sure to click save.
    Finally, go back to the general tab and click "import now" again, and the programs start importing. This will take 5 minutes or so. You should start to see them appearing in the MediaPortal guide.

So to be clear: first import is to import the channels; second import after mapping imports the programs.

And now when I went to the General tab and clicked import it came up with 139 channels imported...so that is good...
    Yep, that is good... but note the 0 programs imported, which means you haven't saved mappings. That's why no data is imported when you click import again. Must check/fix/select the mappings and save first, as above.

Cambridge

November 28, 2014
    Home Country
    Uzbekistan Uzbekistan
    it doesn't appear that a file is generated when I check "Import files in new tvguide.lst" and click the import button. Nothing seems to be updating or generating. Also should there be a "tvguide.lst" somewhere in one of my folders?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    it doesn't appear that a file is generated when I check "Import files in new tvguide.lst" and click the import button. Nothing seems to be updating or generating. Also should there be a "tvguide.lst" somewhere in one of my folders?
    Please leave the tvguide.lst option unticked. As the wiki says, that option is used when it is necessary to import more than one tvguide.xml file. Since you only have one tvguide.xml, the option is not relevant for you and you don't need a tvguide.lst file.

Users who are viewing this thread