dfbb

Portal Pro
January 27, 2005
Gelderland
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Raven said:
dfbb said:
I still hope you will reconsider putting some buttons back on the full-screen TV. I really miss the channel up and down buttons (and also the pause button) since I only use the mouse (I have the PC in my bedroom and a keyboard is not convenient in bed :wink: )

Sorry, but I have no plans putting the buttons back on the OSD. The design simply won't allow more buttons. Perhaps if the skinning engine would support buttons that appear on mouse movement but that is something that would have to be discussed with the development people.

I'm not sure I follow your argument against a keyboard in bed. Don't see how a mouse would be convenient in bed. Why not use a remote control?

I can understand you find it a bit strange, but the mouse works fine on my bed and the keyboard is just too big. I could of course buy a remote :D

Brijn

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
North vancouver, Canada
Cool

Just another "appreciation" post

Currently running CVS 17-3 with Razor as the default skin.. And man, does it look nice..... oh yeah

The only thing would be the buttons in the menu's that pop-up, but that was mentioned already before..

Oh, and if you find some time (uhuh ;), it would be super nice if you could take a look at WeeTodd's My Series plugin.. An amazing piece of code, tha will surely make it into CVS as well (I hope!).. A matching Razor skins part would be cool..

Thanx Again!

dfbb

Portal Pro
January 27, 2005
Gelderland
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
For now I just use the XML code from BlueTwo 1280x720 in fullscreen TV. For the rest I am very satisfied with this skin and it will be my default from now!

kamrat

Portal Pro
May 24, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
I just downloaded RC3 and I am more or less in shock! What has happened to the great Razor-skin? The beautiful dim and subtle incons on the home screen have become sharp and cheesylooking with a very dominant shadow that makes it all very unbalanced.
Also some of the great images, for example the old style reel representing My movies has been replaced by a much less classy DVD-cover.
Raven - what is going on?! Please tell me that this is not the direction your great skin is going to take!!! :(

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    i think there has been a major update to razor... colors look more, well lets say "colorfull" now and icons also... at least that's what i noticed...

great work reaven!

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    I'm still loveing this skin! I to feel that is has undergone some changes as Kamrat pointed out, but I think I actually like this version better.

Any chance of a basic home screen to go along with this??

kamrat

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Maybe there is something wrong in my installation but here the graphics look really tacky as opposed to before when they were beatutifully blended with the background and very minimalistic in their design.
    The minimalistic look is what I think made Razor such a great skin - it's lack of amateurish shadows and bling bling in combination with open spaces and simple fonts.

Raven - please - what's your take on all this? I'd be very surprised if these changes are intended as an improvement and not just a properties-layer accidently turned off in photoshop during export.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Actually I did try a new approach. The old one was a bit too dull in my opinion. I'm not happy with this one either so you can expect something different in the future of Razor.

Thanks for venting your opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread