Skin: Razor (1 Viewer)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Some feedback Razor, I'm sure you'll be aware of most of this but I'll list them anyway....

1. Fantastic skin - I'm using it on a 17" widescreen.
2. There are some icons/images still from Blue two...My Trailers, My News, Topbar etc.
3. The popup window to read news articles is very small.
4. The "Now Playing" music screen is all squashed to one side.
5. The volume OSD is not in the best place, it should be top/right
6. Navigating from My TV -> TV guide leaves the very large TV preview window over the top of the TV guide.
7. I'm not sure with this one but the or recordings seems to stutter more with this skin, I'll do some more testing.
8. The TV guide buttons/text colours make it a bit hard to read. I'm not keen on the metallic colours of the guide bars with the text in light blue. I'd prefer to see the screen using more subtle colours/buttons like the rest of the skin.

Again, this is a fantastic skin, I'm real pleased to have a native widescreen skin.

Keep up the great work.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    cheezey said:
    Some feedback Razor, I'm sure you'll be aware of most of this but I'll list them anyway....

1. Fantastic skin - I'm using it on a 17" widescreen.
    2. There are some icons/images still from Blue two...My Trailers, My News, Topbar etc.
    3. The popup window to read news articles is very small.
    4. The "Now Playing" music screen is all squashed to one side.
    5. The volume OSD is not in the best place, it should be top/right
    6. Navigating from My TV -> TV guide leaves the very large TV preview window over the top of the TV guide.
    7. I'm not sure with this one but the or recordings seems to stutter more with this skin, I'll do some more testing.
    8. The TV guide buttons/text colours make it a bit hard to read. I'm not keen on the metallic colours of the guide bars with the text in light blue. I'd prefer to see the screen using more subtle colours/buttons like the rest of the skin.

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Thanks :)
    2-5, Razor is still under development.
    6. This error occurs when timeshifting is disabled. I haven't been able to locate the cause of the error. If anyone knows what is causing it please let me know! :)
    7. I'm not sure what you mean. Could you elaborate?
    8. I agree. This has been changed and will be available in the next release.

Regards
    Raven

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've just downloaded the most recent CVS and the TV guide is looking real good Raven. Keep up the great work. :)

EDIT: :D Wow - The TV guide overlay is extra nice. :D

Olodin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2004
    just moved to 0.2cvs and razor

Hi Raven,

this weekend I have moved from 0.1.3.0 Mediaportal with Bluetwo/1280 to the latest CVS snapshot of 0.2 and Razor.
    I am very happy that you spend your time working on that skin: it looks really awesome!

Using it with a 28" LCD at 1360x768 with a viewing disctance of ~3m I am quite satisfied with the font sizes, contrast and the readability.

It is very good that a real 16:9 skin finally made it into the default distribution of MediaPortal.

Keep up your fantastic work!

dfbb

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2005
    Gelderland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Raven said:
    dfbb said:
    Raven said:
    dfbb said:
    I got no reactions so far, so I'll ask again: When I enter the MyTV section, it almost hangs (no TV picture, unresponsive). The same problem occurs when I try playing a video file (AVI ie). I do have a slow videocard (ATI 7000 AIW and a PVR 150MCE), but with all the other skins TV and video is playing fine. Any ideas why it's so slow (normal navigation is smooth)?

I don't know what is causing your problem. Since the skin is designed for 1280x720 the graphics are of higher resolution and that might cause a problem with your slow graphics card. Have you tried other 1280x720 skins? That's the only reason I can think of right now.
    I always use the MCE 1280x720 and BlueTwo 1280x720 skins from Boilermaker and they both work fine.

I checked the bluetwo 1280x720 and it seems that skin is using the exact same graphics as the 4:3 version. It just rescaled them to 1280x720. Razor use full resolution graphics and I think this might cause your problem. If that is not the issue I have no clue why it's slow on your system. I have had no performance problem myself and haven't heard of anyone else having this problem either.
    It seems that my video-card was the problem. Probably because of the use of bigger graphics, my graphics card wasn't gast enough anymore. Upgraded now to a MSI RS482M4-ILD board with onboard graphics and now it works great.
    Only one bug is a bit annoying: When I navigate from My TV to the TV guide it leaves the very large TV preview window over the top of the TV guide. I saw this bug reported before, so I hope you can fix this one (until then, I'll try switching on timeshifting).

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Fabolus said:
    Help pls.

When using Razor skin, channel groups in Live TV are unavailble, the same problem of this user:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=13457

The channel group and channel selecting buttons were changed from up/down-buttons to buttons with popup in MP a while back. I will commit a major update to Razor this weekend with this issue resolved.

Thanks for your interest!

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    Hi guys.

I just got my new 32" LCD TV, so now I'm using Razor skin. Let me say, it looks REALLY nice and professional. MCE go home! Thanks a lot for the effort!!!

Now, I'm using 0.2RC2 with latest CVS from today. I have noticed one big error with this skin:

After entering MyTV, TV turns on in the "big" preview window. If I then select either recorded TV or TV guide, the TV preview should be very small and in the left hand bottom corner. But it isn't - it's still the same size preview as in My TV home and it sits on top of the GUI?

kamrat

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I've noticed this as well. If you turn on timeshifting it seems to work. Maybe the author of this skin, like me, almost always has timeshifting enabled and has not noticed this. I hope it will get fixed before the final release on saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread