Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    phpchris said:
    Raven said:
    phpchris said:
    4:3 pleeeeeeeeeease???

Still the same response I gave you last time you asked. No, there will not be a 4:3 version of Razor.

Maybe you could give me some advice on how to port it to 4:3?
    I have tried to use it and it seems not much needs to be edited in order to get it to work.

One question on another matter though:

It seems that Razor is using the images from BlueTwo in my installation. e.G. when I remove the BlueTwo folder it sais: "This skin is outdated"... Also it uses the round BlueTwo buttons on the top left, you know? These Shutdown buttons aso.
    Any ideas?

The issue of porting to 4:3 have been brought up before. I have explained my take on this and it's not something I would give my consent to.

You are most likely using an old version of Razor. The graphics you are talking about were replaced a long time ago.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2004
    United Kingdom
    it's not something I would give my consent to

Wow I'm shocked by that :(. I would not attempt to dictate to you or anyone else that you cannot use the include/import functionality of the skinning engine, or the wait cursor that you are making good use of, both features coded by myself, so why would you try to stop others from doing a 4:3 version of your skin? Thats very anti-open source IMO.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Smirnuff said:
    it's not something I would give my consent to

Wow I'm shocked by that :(. I would not attempt to dictate to you or anyone else that you cannot use the include/import functionality of the skinning engine, or the wait cursor that you are making good use of, both features coded by myself, so why would you try to stop others from doing a 4:3 version of your skin? Thats very anti-open source IMO.

I guess I didn't choose my words correctly. I didn't mean I would dictate anyone from not doing a 4:3 version. The graphics are there and I'm not gonna stop anyone from using them. I just don't think that Razor can be ported to 4:3 without giving up the essentials of the design of the skin. Porting it to 4:3 would require all elements to be moved to allow for overscan and also the lower resolution would demand that the space between elements would be reduced making the skin look alot more cluttered. In the end I don't see how it would still be Razor. Perhaps it would be better to make a Razor-based skin with similar look.

panic

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

first of all thanks for this great skin :!: I just changed from TVCentral back to MP and have a question:

How can I change the order of the main meue? Which file?
    I want to have the TV-button focused at startup.

Hope this is the right forum for such a question...

Any help appreciated.

padexx

Molokoids

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    I just went through a clean install and I see now what kamrat was talking about.

I too favour the older more dim appearance. What I really liked was that unique set of icons. The new ones, even though they resemble the older ones, look too common. I attribute that to the accentuated 3D effect and their bigger size.

I’m quite neutral about the darker tone of the new version and think the mirror effect is interesting.

I look forward for Raven next iteration of Razor.

music11eb.jpg

music26cp.jpg

news22fj.jpg

video14in.jpg

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    padexx said:
    Hi,

first of all thanks for this great skin :!: I just changed from TVCentral back to MP and have a question:

How can I change the order of the main meue? Which file?
    I want to have the TV-button focused at startup.

Hope this is the right forum for such a question...

Any help appreciated.

padexx

Hi,

Welcome to the MP community. I'm glad you like my skin.
    Even though this is not the correct thread for questions regarding main menu sorting I will give you a hint were to go to make these changes. There is a plugin called Home that you can configure and select what items to be visible in the home screen and also in what order.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Molokoids said:
    I just went through a clean install and I see now what kamrat was talking about.

I too favour the older more dim appearance. What I really liked was that unique set of icons. The new ones, even though they resemble the older ones, look too common. I attribute that to the accentuated 3D effect and their bigger size.

I’m quite neutral about the darker tone of the new version and think the mirror effect is interesting.

I look forward for Raven next iteration of Razor.

Those icons are way too big! I don't know what is different with your setup but they are almost twice as big as intended. What resolution are you running the skin at? I can really understand why you find the new icons unpleasant. They are definitely not supposed to be that big!

I have to check Razor on my setup. Perhaps I have made some unintended changes to the xml file that resulted in these huge images. I'm not using Razor myself at the moment so I need to check it and get back to you.

Users who are viewing this thread