Skin: Razor (1 Viewer)

kamrat

Portal Pro
May 24, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
That is a relief to hear Raven!!

Please do not interpret what I've said in any other way than an expression of great admiration of your work. However, I have seen far too much art- and designwork go cluttered when designers have lost perspective on their work and have not known when to stop fidgeting with it (not saying that you don't! :) ) so I just needed to spill my guts.

My personal opinion is that you got it exactly right the first time. The only change I might approve of in the latest CVS is the slight brightening of the colour of the background. The original looked a little dull on my projector. It looked better on LCD though!

Again - big respect! And please post when you have made new changes so we all can have a look.

simmo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2005
    Newcastle, Australia
    Home Country
    Im with you Kamrat,

The telly looks like a laptop and the DVD cover thing is ordinary. I loved the film reel. The tvguide is awesome. Its simplicity was what made it attractive. No disrespect to you Raven, just constructive criticism. Keep up the good work.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Here's a screenshot of a design I'm currently thinking of going with.
    Of course nothing is set in stone. I really appreciate your comments. I totally agree the telly looks like a laptop! :)

Razorshot.jpg

kamrat

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Looks much better at first glance!! It's hard to say how it compares on the big screen but as soon as it's in CVS I'll have a look.

Raven - what you are doing to the look of MP is a real quantum leap forward!

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    kamrat said:
    Looks much better at first glance!! It's hard to say how it compares on the big screen but as soon as it's in CVS I'll have a look.

Raven - what you are doing to the look of MP is a real quantum leap forward!

I've commited the new iconset. It should be in the next CVS. Let me know what you think. By popular demand I also decided to switch back to the reel icon for my videos. Not sure if I'll keep it later on, but for now it'll be there.

fathead

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    Raven, have you considered a basic home screen for future development? The bluetwo version is getting some great reactions, and I for one would love to see it as a standard skin option within MP.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    fathead said:
    Raven, have you considered a basic home screen for future development? The bluetwo version is getting some great reactions, and I for one would love to see it as a standard skin option within MP.

I haven't planned one yet but it's likely I'll make one in the future.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    phpchris said:
    4:3 pleeeeeeeeeease???

Still the same response I gave you last time you asked. No, there will not be a 4:3 version of Razor.

phpchris

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2005
    Raven said:
    phpchris said:
    4:3 pleeeeeeeeeease???

Still the same response I gave you last time you asked. No, there will not be a 4:3 version of Razor.

Maybe you could give me some advice on how to port it to 4:3?
    I have tried to use it and it seems not much needs to be edited in order to get it to work.

One question on another matter though:

It seems that Razor is using the images from BlueTwo in my installation. e.G. when I remove the BlueTwo folder it sais: "This skin is outdated"... Also it uses the round BlueTwo buttons on the top left, you know? These Shutdown buttons aso.
    Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread