Skin: Razor (3 Viewers)

cool71

Portal Pro
October 16, 2005
Germany: Stuttgart
Hi Rave,

I like your Skin very much. Think this is the best Skin for 16:9

When do you think that the pictures for Email, Receipes, a.s.o. will finished?

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    cool71 said:
    Hi Rave,

I like your Skin very much. Think this is the best Skin for 16:9

When do you think that the pictures for Email, Receipes, a.s.o. will finished?

Thanks alot!

I haven't put much work into the icons lately since I haven't decided on what design to go with yet. It seems most people favor the old look and feel so I might go back to that appearance. I think perhaps a poll would the best way to decide on a design.

kamrat

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I think perhaps a poll would the best way to decide on a design.

Maybe so, and maybe not. I am very impressed with your skin and I think that one of it's strenghts is that you have not been compromising or tried to please everyone. It's a 16:9 skin - period. You have removed mouse controls because it becomes to cluttered - period.
    Listening to much to peoples opinions (like my own :wink: ) tends to remove the original qualities of great work.
    I for one trust you to make the right decision when it comes to the icons.
    Razor - listen to your heart. What does it tell you?

panic

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have to agree with kamrat!

You can't please everyone and pleasing the most may take your design in a direction you don't want it to go.
    Well, you won't change the icon color to pink if the poll tells you so, will ya? :D

To fill this threat up here is my humble opinion:

I like the direction you are going with the newer icons. The "better" 3D look, mirror and not as pale as the first ones but still simple.
    Maybe you gave them too much weight.

And by the way the rendering of the film reel is great.

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    Raven, what's going on with Razor in 30/03 CVS I just installed - the menu images are all blown up in size, it looks wrong?

Is it possible for a skinner to select sorting of menu items? Because My TV -> recorded shows have always been at the bottom of the TV menu, but it's one of my most used items...

And one other thing, not sure if it's Razor related: In My TV -> Recorded programs, if i select view: icons it still displays a list of shows, but only with 5 entries. If I select view: list, everything is fine and the list expands to 10 entries. A bug maybe?

chili

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2004
    somewhere in the bowels of Texas
    to quote tklon from above post...

You need to delete these files and restart mp:

<mp_folder>\skin\Razor\packedgfx2.xml
    <mp_folder>\skin\Razor\packedgfx20.png
    <mp_folder>\skin\Razor\packedgfx21.png
    <mp_folder>\skin\Razor\packedgfx22.png
    <mp_folder>\skin\Razor\packedgfx23.png

Or run del packedgfx*.* in that folder.

kamrat

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    You need to delete these files and restart mp:

<mp_folder>\skin\Razor\packedgfx2.xml
    <mp_folder>\skin\Razor\packedgfx20.png
    <mp_folder>\skin\Razor\packedgfx21.png
    <mp_folder>\skin\Razor\packedgfx22.png
    <mp_folder>\skin\Razor\packedgfx23.png

I just made a clean install of RC3 + latest CVS (or whatever it is called now) and I still get the oversized icons. Suspecting the problem might come with the download I deleted the files as above, only there was no .xml-file named like this. Only one called .bxml???

Anyway, this did not help either. Still have the huge icons on the home-screen. Please help!!

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2005
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    delete that bxml as well, seems like this has changed a while ago.
    Basicly delete everything with starts with packedgfx.

Disclaimer:
    Always make a backup. Wortelsoft is not responsible if by deleting these files your htpc blows up, which causes youre neighbours cat to fall of the roof, on top of a antique vase from the ming dynastie.

[mental note]wortesoft has seen way to much MCSA training videos today to give sane replies on this website[/mental note]

kamrat

Portal Pro
    May 24, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Anyway, this did not help either. Still have the huge icons on the home-screen. Please help!!

Hm...when I run at resolution 1280x720 the icons seem to be the right size. It's only on my desktop monitor they are huge (running at 1920x1200). Strange!

Ralph

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    phpchris said:
    Raven said:
    Perhaps it would be better to make a Razor-based skin with similar look.

Well, thats what I wanted to try.
    I will have a look into it, as soon as I find some spare time...

phpchris,

are there any news on this?
    I'm using an old CRT, too and started to change some items for
    my most used plugins.
    If you've done already some work, please let me know.
    We don't need to make it twice.

Regards
    Ralph

Users who are viewing this thread