Skin: Razor (3 Viewers)

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
mofux said:
when i see all this raven, i'm sure that you are one of the best skinners arround here, maybe the best one to do gfx. i really like the own style you gave to that skin. i think i've never seen another skin that is so good to the eyes as everything is worked out very smooth.

btw, i finished weatheroverlay, so if you have any interest in it, get me at irc

respect to you!

I need to add a MP system to my bedroom so I can use mofux and Raven's skins. One in the living room and one in the bedroom. Hmmm... just how to sell that to the wife? :)

mofux

Portal Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2006
    Dresden, Germany
    wishywashy said:
    I need to add a MP system to my bedroom so I can use mofux and Raven's skins. One in the living room and one in the bedroom. Hmmm... just how to sell that to the wife? :)

why not sell your wife and buy new htpc of that :p
    just kidding...

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    NightmareRambo77 said:
    Damn raven this is the sweetest skin so far, it looks really nice and i love the fact its widescreen, there was only a few minor things that needed tweaking on the version i have but one of them is the tv guide and you have sorted that out, well done dude, can't wait for that cvs that has the update in it :), keep it up

New TV guide commited to CVS. Enjoy :)

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    mofux said:
    when i see all this raven, i'm sure that you are one of the best skinners arround here, maybe the best one to do gfx. i really like the own style you gave to that skin. i think i've never seen another skin that is so good to the eyes as everything is worked out very smooth.

btw, i finished weatheroverlay, so if you have any interest in it, get me at irc

respect to you!

Thank you so much for those kind words! Great job finishing the weather overlay. I will contact you on IRC about implementing that into Razor. See you there :)

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    fera said:
    Wow, that looks awesome! Is there going to be a 4:3 Version? *please*

Thanks.

Actually, that question has already been asked and answered in this thread but here we go again. There will not be a 4:3 version of this skin because it's not possible to port this skin to such a low resolution and still keeping the same look and feel. There aren't enough pixels in a 4:3 skin to accomodate this design. The concept of Razor is to have alot of open space and a 4:3 version would force me to squeeze all items closer together and I don't want to do that. Also a 4:3 skin would require overscan to be taken into consideration further decreasing the amount of usable pixels.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Antonyfirewalk has kindly offered to help me out with some of the screens for Razor so it can be finished more quickly. You can look forward to a complete Razor in not too long now :)

Thanks alot Antony!

Molokoids

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2004
    Until now I was testing the skin on my laptop but yesterday Razor made it to the big screen... and wow it's even more amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread