grouzy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2004
    London, UK
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello

I haven't read all 8 pages of posts on the skin.. sorry if this has already been told:

haven't tested the latest cvs build yet, but in the one of the 14th feb, I have a crash in My Music when trying "Find coverart" on an album.
    It doesn't seem to happen on other skins, so it looks related to Razor.

I can see the progress bar going, and it crashes (MP exits) when it reaches the end

grouzy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2004
    London, UK
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello Raven

I found a problem with My Explorer:
    I selected my Source to have a list of files.
    Then when I want to go down on the left menu to choose "Select all", it's not working, as if the "Select all" option was not an available one in fact.

HarryFX

October 20, 2004
    Germany
    sorry, not really usable...

hi raven,

I appreciate the nice design of your razor skin, BUT to be honest there are some reasons why I was disappointed when installing it with the latest build.

Especially when using razor on a LCD TV viewing it from 3-4 metres distance there are the following problems:

1. font size too small
    2. low contrast colors
    3. ineffective use of screen space (I know that this affects design aspects)

I was really happy to get the choice for a new widescreen skin, but I think I have to stay with the excellent bluetwo widescreen skin...

but anyway, nice to have good looking alternatives even if your skin does not work for me personally.

thx for your work.

bye,
    harryfx

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    grouzy said:
    Hello Raven

I found a problem with My Explorer:
    I selected my Source to have a list of files.
    Then when I want to go down on the left menu to choose "Select all", it's not working, as if the "Select all" option was not an available one in fact.

I will check this out. Thanks for reporting.

Raven

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2005
    Stockholm
    Re: sorry, not really usable...

HarryFX said:
    hi raven,

I appreciate the nice design of your razor skin, BUT to be honest there are some reasons why I was disappointed when installing it with the latest build.

Especially when using razor on a LCD TV viewing it from 3-4 metres distance there are the following problems:

1. font size too small
    2. low contrast colors
    3. ineffective use of screen space (I know that this affects design aspects)

I was really happy to get the choice for a new widescreen skin, but I think I have to stay with the excellent bluetwo widescreen skin...

but anyway, nice to have good looking alternatives even if your skin does not work for me personally.

thx for your work.

bye,
    harryfx

Hi Harry,

As always when it comes to design it is a very personal experience. Of course I don't expect this design to appeal to all users. I agree some fonts are on the small side and this is something I will look into once the skin is nearing completion. The skin is currently developed for large screens. I personally use it mainly on a 50" plasma. I will see if I can adjust some fonts to work better on smaller LCDs. There will not be huge differences in font sizes however.

As for your other remarks these are part of the design concept and will remain the same. The next release of Razor will include new icons and a somewhat modified background to remove some of the bleakness in the current release. I don't know if this helps you in any way but I thought I should mention it.

The good thing about skinning enabled software is that you can choose the look that appeals the most to you personally. I thank you however for offering your thoughts.

Regards
    Raven

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Hi,

Let me just say that I do not agree on the fonts being too small. I use your skin on a 32" LCD TV and I can clearly read all the fonts. I also don't think the contrast is too low.

I believe this skin is perfect for big high-res TVs, and as such, might not work as well on lower res screens.

Just wanted to say keep up the good work.

Inker

grouzy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2004
    London, UK
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello Raven

another feedback on the skin:
    when you display a list (of musics, or videos) and that there are several pages, we don't see the arrows to go up/down 1 page. The controls are there because they are working, but as I don't see them, sometimes I wonder on which control the focus is.
    Is it something deliberate that they don't appear ?

Users who are viewing this thread